TRA help please

Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:48 am
Just Joined

roxanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA help please

Hi, we are hoping to move to OZ later in the year on a 175 visa but need to get our TRA sorted first.
My OH is the main applicant and is a qualified Plater / Metal Fabricator, im just a bit stuck on a few things concerning his TRA if anyone can offer some advice, some may seem a bit obvious but i just want to make sure i get this right.

My OH worked for his 1st employer for 5 years, in this time he did his apprenticeship, he went to college for a day a week and we have C & G certificates etc saying he has passed but we dont seem to have anything that says he has done an apprenticeship.
He then left that employment & has worked on various contracts since.

1) Would a ref from the 1st employer with all the relevent details be sufficient?

2) If any off the companies he worked for no longer exist do i just do Stat Dec's?, is there a printable form somewhere or is this something i just type out and get my OH to sign

3) Can i do it online or do i just send all the doc's in the post?

4) May seem a silly one, but how the hell do i pay for it. Is this just a cheque from my bank, I know it says pay in dollars & they dont accept credit cards, so where abouts do i get the payment sorted.

5) Another silly one, when it says certified copies are these just photocopies of all the original paperwork/certificates stamped by the solicitor and signed.

Im sure ill think of a few more as time i get it all together.

Thanks Roxanne & Lee
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: TRA help please

Hi, my OH is a Fitter and he had a single certificate from the governing body EITB saying he had done an apprenticeship (I don't know if your trade falls under this governing body). You should be able to get a copy of this from your governing body ours was approx £30 from Wakefield.

For the TRA all the documents have to be sent via post, we had all our copies certified by a Solicitor for £20 (40 copies). We rang round and got quotes as they varied greatly.

The TRA require payment in Australian Dollars, we got an internation money order from Halifax Bank. We had to order this and it took around 7 days.

He will need to have a reference done that is very recent.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Lou xx
Old Jan 12th 2008, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough

Hi, I got a money order from HSBC bank and they did it for me there and then. You do have to have an account with them which I diddn't so I also had to open one (just to get the money order!) They were very helpfull and diddn't seem to mind. Good luck
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxanne
Hi, we are hoping to move to OZ later in the year on a 175 visa but need to get our TRA sorted first.
My OH is the main applicant and is a qualified Plater / Metal Fabricator, im just a bit stuck on a few things concerning his TRA if anyone can offer some advice, some may seem a bit obvious but i just want to make sure i get this right.

My OH worked for his 1st employer for 5 years, in this time he did his apprenticeship, he went to college for a day a week and we have C & G certificates etc saying he has passed but we dont seem to have anything that says he has done an apprenticeship.
He then left that employment & has worked on various contracts since.

1) Would a ref from the 1st employer with all the relevent details be sufficient?

2) If any off the companies he worked for no longer exist do i just do Stat Dec's?, is there a printable form somewhere or is this something i just type out and get my OH to sign

3) Can i do it online or do i just send all the doc's in the post?

4) May seem a silly one, but how the hell do i pay for it. Is this just a cheque from my bank, I know it says pay in dollars & they dont accept credit cards, so where abouts do i get the payment sorted.

5) Another silly one, when it says certified copies are these just photocopies of all the original paperwork/certificates stamped by the solicitor and signed.

Im sure ill think of a few more as time i get it all together.

Thanks Roxanne & Lee
my OH is a welder (1st class) and we had similar problem with apprecticeship as he didnt have copy of contract and the company he did it for only keep records for 5 yrs and his apprenticeship was many moons ago!!

So we got 2 references from people in managerial positions explaining the apprenticeship and what he did and our agent has said this is fine.

We are awaiting our TRA results but fingers crossed it should be fine!
Old Jan 12th 2008, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
my OH is a welder (1st class) and we had similar problem with apprecticeship as he didnt have copy of contract and the company he did it for only keep records for 5 yrs and his apprenticeship was many moons ago!!

So we got 2 references from people in managerial positions explaining the apprenticeship and what he did and our agent has said this is fine.

We are awaiting our TRA results but fingers crossed it should be fine!
just regarding no. 3 - on the tra website they are going to be updating their means of applying and being able to keep check on things i think - something like that ! by the time your sorted the changes may have happened! so could be worth checking out the tra website for more info!