TRA help for Motor Mechanic please

Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:21 am
Just Joined

brofra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA help for Motor Mechanic please

Does anyone in this trade category have a format of their TRA for me to work on as a template? It would be much appreciated if I could see the types of things I should be including. My email is ADDRESS REMOVED
Many thanks!

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 25th 2006 at 7:44 am. Reason: Please cintact via the forum's Private Message facility - don't post personal addresses in public!
Old Aug 25th 2006, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: TRA help for Motor Mechanic please

Originally Posted by brofra
Does anyone in this trade category have a format of their TRA for me to work on as a template? It would be much appreciated if I could see the types of things I should be including. My email is ADDRESS REMOVED
Many thanks!

There is someone advertising for Mechanics in Perth - see below thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391410

It might be easier for you. Sorry - my OH is a plumber, but if you want to have a look at his sample reference letters to get a rough idea of requirement then please send me your email address via PM.

Paula
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

ZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant future
Default Re: TRA help for Motor Mechanic please

Originally Posted by Downies
There is someone advertising for Mechanics in Perth - see below thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391410

It might be easier for you. Sorry - my OH is a plumber, but if you want to have a look at his sample reference letters to get a rough idea of requirement then please send me your email address via PM.

Paula
Hi there paula i have emailed you to see if you can also help us out with some TRA format, All help would be appreciated as just don't know where to start. Thanks Zoe
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:25 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Zoe,

If you don't know where to start, why don't you engage someone to help you?

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ZOE POE
Hi there paula i have emailed you to see if you can also help us out with some TRA format, All help would be appreciated as just don't know where to start. Thanks Zoe
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

ZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant futureZOE POE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Zoe,

If you don't know where to start, why don't you engage someone to help you?

Best regards.
Hi Alan
We will give it a good go our selves first, just don't want to not include enough info if you know what i mean, We can't think straight at the moment our three daughters our home on school holidays, You know what girls are like worse than boys
Old Aug 25th 2006, 1:17 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I understand, Zoe. The process can seem daunting at first - try to break it down into small pieces, and take one step at a time.

It's potentially a life changing exercise, so if you get stuck, feel able to contact me.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ZOE POE
Hi Alan
We will give it a good go our selves first, just don't want to not include enough info if you know what i mean, We can't think straight at the moment our three daughters our home on school holidays, You know what girls are like worse than boys
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
I understand, Zoe. The process can seem daunting at first - try to break it down into small pieces, and take one step at a time.

It's potentially a life changing exercise, so if you get stuck, feel able to contact me.

Best regards.
Thanks Alan will do
Old Aug 25th 2006, 2:57 pm
Caver

brofra wrote:
    > Does anyone in this trade category have a format of their TRA for me to
    > work on as a template? It would be much appreciated if I could see the
    > types of things I should be including. My email is ADDRESS REMOVED
    > Many thanks!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Hi
I was also stressing about my TRA but its actually very simple.
I submitted copies of my apprenticeship contract, my trade test results
and my certificate from the Union here.
I also got a printout of all the VW courses I had done.
My references I typed up like below and gave to my current employer and
previous 2 so they had an idea of the format.

I made a list of all the tools in my toolbox and submitted that as
well.
Then I just wrote a narrative saying what I have repairs I have done
and what tools I used to do them.

At the end of it my agent said it was one of the best TRA apps he had
seen.

To whom it may concern.

(insert name) has been employed permanently as a Mechanic/Tuner. He
joined us on the
08/03/2005 and left on the 31/01/2006 his salary was P.A.

His 5 main duties were as follows.
1: Dynotune Vehicles to achieve smoother running and ensure compliance
with pollution regulations
2: Diagnose problem vehicles and as required repairs or replaces worn
or defective parts, and reassembles mechanical components
3: Fit and program aftermarket engine management systems
4: Dismantle, remove and install engines, transmissions, steering and
other components and modify or repair them, as required, including
replacing parts.
5: Plan modifications with customers

He used the following equipment as part of his daily duties.

Dynamometer
Oscilloscope
Assorted hand tools from his tool chests
Multimeter
OBD2 scanner
Timing Light
4 gas analyzers
Wide band Oxygen Sensors
Desk top computers and laptops
Cylinder leakage tester
Soldering Iron
CO2 Welder
Oxy-Acetylene Set
Air grinders
Body Saws

Director

Old Aug 25th 2006, 7:53 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

Originally Posted by brofra
Many thanks!
hi send me your email addy and i will send you what i sent to the tra.i have just got my visa
steve