Wikiposts

Tra Heeeeelp

Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

barny rubble will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Tra Heeeeelp

HELLO THERE

My agent advised me that he had sent my TRA application 2 months ago (April), I have recently checked with my bank to see if the international draft had been cashed, they they advised me that it hasn't, I have spoken to my agent since and he doesn't seem to interested now that he has been paid? Has anyone else been in this situation? is there anyway I could get in contact with TRA to find out if they have recieved my application. If my application has been lost in the post or he's just not bothered to send it (this is my gut feeling) would my agent be liable where would i stand? Or do the cheques take 8weeks + to be cashed?

Any help gratefuly recieved Regards Barny
Old Jun 16th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Tra Heeeeelp

Originally Posted by barny rubble
HELLO THERE

My agent advised me that he had sent my TRA application 2 months ago (April), I have recently checked with my bank to see if the international draft had been cashed, they they advised me that it hasn't, I have spoken to my agent since and he doesn't seem to interested now that he has been paid? Has anyone else been in this situation? is there anyway I could get in contact with TRA to find out if they have recieved my application. If my application has been lost in the post or he's just not bothered to send it (this is my gut feeling) would my agent be liable where would i stand? Or do the cheques take 8weeks + to be cashed?

I think first of all I would check with TRA to see if they've received it. I had to email them recently (on their general enquiries e-mail address) and they replied within a couple of days. I don't have much experience of agents, but if TRA has not received your application, I think I'd be parking myself at your agent's office to find out what's going on. Is he registered? If you feel the need to complain, there is a body out there - MARA is it? Someone else might know the details.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

HELLO THERE

Hi Barny

Sorry to hear about your problem. When we put our TRA application in last April we got an acknowledgement within 2 weeks.
You can ring the TRA and when we did they were very helpful. At least they will be able to tell you if they have it.

I would be getting onto the agent again and again. Keep pestering them until they are fed up with you and actually do what you've paid them for.Is the agent here in the UK or in Oz. If in Oz then you do have a comeback as they need to be registered with MARA and can be struck off.
However if they are UK based then they don't have to be registered.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Graham
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:40 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

HELLO THERE

Hi Barny
Take a look at our timeline, our first TRA went missing and we didn't know as agent told us to be patient about getting the acknowledgement. We pushed him and he found out it had never arrived. We wasted five weeks. The second one was acknowledged within 7 days!!
If I were you I would push the agent to chase it even if he is reluctant, and failing that e mail them yourself.
Hope it turns up or that someone has just forgot to send you an acknowledgement, I know how you feel, sending you some calming Karma

Good Luck
Carole
Old Jun 16th 2005, 11:43 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Youv'e now got your first blue karma box !
Carole