TRA forms

Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

jimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question TRA forms

hi just joined the forum, i am filling out the tra forms and have a quick question, i am a fitter by trade and i have to attach copies of my trade certificates to the form, but should i attach other certificates like forklift truck, cherry picker, scaffloding, abrasive wheels, or not, cheers jim
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TRA forms

Originally Posted by jimmy
hi just joined the forum, i am filling out the tra forms and have a quick question, i am a fitter by trade and i have to attach copies of my trade certificates to the form, but should i attach other certificates like forklift truck, cherry picker, scaffloding, abrasive wheels, or not, cheers jim
Hi there and welcome to the forum. As far as I know it is better to provided as much information and evidence to back up trade as possible.My OH is an Electrician and we sent copies of all his certificates with the application. Don't forget to get your copies certified before you send them. Good luck.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

who did certified your copies, and how long did the application take to get back to you.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Elaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really niceElaine & Nigel is just really nice

who did certified your copies, and how long did the application take to get back to you.
Jimmy

Attach everything our 1st attempt failed as not enough evidence
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Attach as much stuff as you have that relates to the trade you are applying for. If it isn't anything to do with that trade then there is no need to send it.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
Attach as much stuff as you have that relates to the trade you are applying for. If it isn't anything to do with that trade then there is no need to send it.
my friend is a copper, would he be ok to certify the copies, and dose he just sign them, his name and his occupation
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jimmy, we had all of our documents certified all at once to save on cost. Copies of all relevant Educational and Trade certificates, Birth and Marriage certificates. We had them done by our solicitor and were fortune that they did not charge as we are an existing client. Make sure that you get a few quotes for this as some charge per copy and it can be quite expensive. Don't forget to also put good detailed references in with the application from present and previous employers, showing how your experience was gained and what tools you use, the more information the better.
As for the timing of the application, we were very lucky as our TRA only took about 6 days (excluding the holiday over christmas) and even our agent was shocked. The timing obviously varies between applications, but if you provide all the correct information I think that it could be approximately 4 weeks, although I am not certain about this.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

my friend is a copper, would he be ok to certify the copies, and dose he just sign them, his name and his occupation
I think that they have to have an official stamp on them, along with a signature and a date.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he will be fine to sign them. He needs to write something like 'I certify these to be a true copy of the orignal which I have sighted' and then he needs to sign and date them. He'll also need to put on contact details just in case they want to call him to confirm that he's a 'real' person
Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Bianca UK-OZ is an unknown quantity at this point

hi another question about certifying - can the person write the sentence " 'I certify these to be a true copy of the orignal which I have sighted' on the back of the copy and sign/stamp on the back? I was hoping to print that sentence on the back of all copies, so it's faster for person signing /cheaper... so he will only put signature and stamp (but on back where I printed)...

thanks, Bianca
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

devilishdean will become famous soon enoughdevilishdean will become famous soon enough

I dont think a police man can do it I used a magistrate but a international notary solicitor is ok as well.
I had a stamp made up with her name address etc (£3 off internet) and she signed and stamped them across the front with the old " I certify etc etc"
I
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bianca UK-OZ
hi another question about certifying - can the person write the sentence " 'I certify these to be a true copy of the orignal which I have sighted' on the back of the copy and sign/stamp on the back? I was hoping to print that sentence on the back of all copies, so it's faster for person signing /cheaper... so he will only put signature and stamp (but on back where I printed)...

thanks, Bianca
I printed the words on all our documents, saved lots of time (and writers cramp )

Originally Posted by devilishdean
I dont think a police man can do it I used a magistrate but a international notary solicitor is ok as well.
I had a stamp made up with her name address etc (£3 off internet) and she signed and stamped them across the front with the old " I certify etc etc"
I

Yes, they can

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...ms.htm#Certify

Certifying person. Your country has suitably qualified people who are able to witness your signature on a legal document, e.g. lawyer, doctor, policeman, school teacher
Old May 30th 2007, 7:02 am
Just Joined

cocogreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick question on certifying documents.Are relatives able to (Brother-in -law ) sign them , he is a saergent, based at the local station and if acceptable, it would be free?
Old May 30th 2007, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

hi, in the end i went down to the local soliciters and thay did it for a twenty quid, thay also used a stamp that says, i verify that these documents are ture copeys of the origonal, and then he signed in the box, done in half an hour, cheers jim.