TRA Customer Support Officer

Old Sep 23rd 2018, 12:00 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
ianwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation TRA Customer Support Officer

I'm gathering my documents for the TRA assessment, I have 8+ years working experience + Microsoft Certifications (MCTS, MCSA, MCSE..etc) but my Bachelor degree is in Social work
Do I need to do RPL before the Assessment? if yes then where I do it?
ianwar is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 12:23 pm
  #2  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by ianwar View Post
I'm gathering my documents for the TRA assessment, I have 8+ years working experience + Microsoft Certifications (MCTS, MCSA, MCSE..etc) but my Bachelor degree is in Social work
Do I need to do RPL before the Assessment? if yes then where I do it?
This is the info I can find for your occupation - 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1
which would suggest that the vendor certs may be enough.

Your occupation though is only on the STSOL so you should research whether you have a valid path to a visa before spending money on an assessment. Occupations on STSOL need sponsorship I believe.
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2018, 4:48 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
ianwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Your occupation though is only on the STSOL so you should research whether you have a valid path to a visa before spending money on an assessment. Occupations on STSOL need sponsorship I believe.
My occupation 313112 ICT Customer Support Officer is STSOL which have available pathway Visa subclass 489 but my question about TRA is it possible to consider my Bachelor degree in the assessment for the point test or it has to be the same field.
ianwar is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2018, 9:32 am
  #4  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by ianwar View Post
My occupation 313112 ICT Customer Support Officer is STSOL which have available pathway Visa subclass 489 but my question about TRA is it possible to consider my Bachelor degree in the assessment for the point test or it has to be the same field.
A 489 visa requires sponsorship. Your occupation may also be suitable for a 190, but again this requires sponsorship. You should check which states and territories will sponsor your occupation.

Your occupation is also of skill level 2 requiring associate degree, advanced diploma or diploma - and vendor certs should meet this but TRA will have final say and I can find no mention of what qualifications they accept.. You could always seek guidance from a MARA agent, or look to see if your skills match any of those assessed by ACS who do accept some vendor certs.

Again, this is only worth pursuing if you know you have a path to a visa which will mean state or territory sponsorship (or regional area which also includes living and working in the regional area).
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2018, 10:34 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
ianwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Your occupation is also of skill level 2 requiring associate degree, advanced diploma or diploma - and vendor certs should meet this but TRA will have final say and I can find no mention of what qualifications they accept.. You could always seek guidance from a MARA agent, or look to see if your skills match any of those assessed by ACS who do accept some vendor certs.

Again, this is only worth pursuing if you know you have a path to a visa which will mean state or territory sponsorship (or regional area which also includes living and working in the regional area).
1st thank you so much old.sparkles for your concern that allows me to express my situation and it is ; I work as ICT technical support specialist for sometime but i can proof around 8+ years with some certs from Microsoft as I explained earlier plus I have a degree in social work and I'm 33 years old for me to achieve required the score of 65 I need to consider my degree plus the 10 points of nomination I can gain thru Visa 489 - that's not include my English score I'm just considering my worst case scenario I could just score less than 7 in IELTS - all what I'm looking for is way calculate all my 8 years experience and my Bachelor degree for 30 points any ideas???
ianwar is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2018, 10:49 am
  #6  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by ianwar View Post
1st thank you so much old.sparkles for your concern that allows me to express my situation and it is ; I work as ICT technical support specialist for sometime but i can proof around 8+ years with some certs from Microsoft as I explained earlier plus I have a degree in social work and I'm 33 years old for me to achieve required the score of 65 I need to consider my degree plus the 10 points of nomination I can gain thru Visa 489 - that's not include my English score I'm just considering my worst case scenario I could just score less than 7 in IELTS - all what I'm looking for is way calculate all my 8 years experience and my Bachelor degree for 30 points any ideas???
If all your overseas experience is suitable and verifiable, that would be worth 15 points. A degree is also worth 15 points and I see nothing that says that it should be related to your occupation when it is for points but a MARA agent could confirm. At 33, your age would attract 25 points giving you a max 55 points. If you were to go for a 489, that would attract the additional 10 points but do you know which states / territories / regional areas are sponsoring your occupation and if any do, what additional criteria they require.

Additionally, if TRA will not accept vendor certs, and further googling suggests that they may not, will an RPL reduce the number of years of experience?

As both the RPL application, and the MSA will cost a few thousand dollars, your best bet may be to have a chat with a MARA agent as already recommended.
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2018, 11:14 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
ianwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
If all your overseas experience is suitable and verifiable, that would be worth 15 points. A degree is also worth 15 points and I see nothing that says that it should be related to your occupation when it is for points but a MARA agent could confirm. At 33, your age would attract 25 points giving you a max 55 points. If you were to go for a 489, that would attract the additional 10 points but do you know which states / territories / regional areas are sponsoring your occupation and if any do, what additional criteria they require.

Additionally, if TRA will not accept vendor certs, and further googling suggests that they may not, will an RPL reduce the number of years of experience?

As both the RPL application, and the MSA will cost a few thousand dollars, your best bet may be to have a chat with a MARA agent as already recommended.
Yeh I do know that SA state is accepting my occupation with IELTS 6.5 score their only condition , I just sent TRA the same Q if I did RPL will they deduct years from my experience? previously they confirmed that I have to go with RPL, and may I ask you how I will get the 15 points for the degree if the degree is not combined with my assessment result????
ianwar is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2018, 9:55 am
  #8  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by ianwar View Post
Yeh I do know that SA state is accepting my occupation with IELTS 6.5 score their only condition , I just sent TRA the same Q if I did RPL will they deduct years from my experience? previously they confirmed that I have to go with RPL, and may I ask you how I will get the 15 points for the degree if the degree is not combined with my assessment result????
No where on the immi website does it say that the degree should be relevant to your employment - it should be from an Australian Uni or another institution of recognised standard.
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:50 am
  #9  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
ianwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
No where on the immi website does it say that the degree should be relevant to your employment - it should be from an Australian Uni or another institution of recognised standard.
wow so I was wrong thinking that my Degree should be with my assessment result,,,,,, may I ask how to check wither my Degree is recognized or not????
ianwar is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2018, 10:55 am
  #10  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by ianwar View Post
wow so I was wrong thinking that my Degree should be with my assessment result,,,,,, may I ask how to check wither my Degree is recognized or not????
I would double check with a MARA agent that the situation is okay, and they should advise you if it is recognised. Is the university a signatory to one of the accords?
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2018, 11:00 am
  #11  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

As a thought, you may want to ask TRA if they can assess it when they do the skills assessment.

If I was you though, I would still invest in some advice from a MARA agent.

Edit - oh and found this https://internationaleducation.gov.a...ssessment.aspx - might help
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2018, 9:25 am
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
ianwar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
As a thought, you may want to ask TRA if they can assess it when they do the skills assessment.

If I was you though, I would still invest in some advice from a MARA agent.

Edit - oh and found this https://internationaleducation.gov.a...ssessment.aspx - might help
1st thank you so much for being so helpful i hope that would be reference for others seek such info
2nd I know it is easier to go thru agent but here where I'm living they cost so much, the minimum cost over 2500 AUD
and thank you for the link it is so useful
ianwar is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2018, 9:51 am
  #13  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by ianwar View Post
1st thank you so much for being so helpful i hope that would be reference for others seek such info
2nd I know it is easier to go thru agent but here where I'm living they cost so much, the minimum cost over 2500 AUD
and thank you for the link it is so useful
You don't have to use an agent for the whole process - just for initial guidance. Also, it does not have to be an agent where you are - you can contact agents online for example.

There are quite a few posting on here - and you will see their agent info in the signature of a post.
old.sparkles is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2019, 11:28 am
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 2
kv8505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Hi Guys,
My question is also bit similar to what ianwar was stating about.
I have 2 years experience as ICT customer support officer in NZ.
Indian passport but NZ resident-As I am not eligible for 189 visa--want to opt for 489 and try for PR later.
I have Level 7 IT Grad diploma from NZ.
My bachelors is in Chemical engg from India.
Under South Australia state nominations ICT customer support officer is still available for 489 visas only.
I need to do my skill assessment via TRA.
I need to suggestions regarding skill assessment.
Will TRA accept my Bachelors degree(chemical)+ Grad Diploma in IT Level 7 + 2 yrs ICT support officer experience and provide me with ICT support officer skill assessment result?
Please provide me with some answers.

Thank you
KV
kv8505 is offline  
Old Apr 11th 2019, 11:35 pm
  #15  
MODERATOR
 
old.sparkles's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: slough - Adelaide
Posts: 27,068
old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA Customer Support Officer

Originally Posted by kv8505 View Post
Hi Guys,
.......Will TRA accept my Bachelors degree(chemical)+ Grad Diploma in IT Level 7 + 2 yrs ICT support officer experience and provide me with ICT support officer skill assessment result?
Please provide me with some answers.

Thank you
KV
If you want the answer to that question, check the guidelines on the TRA website, and make an application to them if eligible. I had a quick look and you may need 3 years experience but I was only skimming
old.sparkles is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.