TRA - Chef

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

rubybyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA - Chef

I've read here that TRA can be a challenge to work with. Are there any options or is TRA the only agency that can assess chefs?

TRA:
- is it helpful to use an agent to assist in putting the application together, if so could you recomend someone?
- in terms of documentation submitted any special details to pay attention to, how detailed should the work/training reference, as well as my own personal statement letter be? Would anybody be willing to share their application/letters as an example?

Thank you all so much beforehand for your help. It will be very appreciated and if I end up in a location near you I'll prepare a great meal for you!

Last edited by rubybyron; Aug 3rd 2004 at 5:52 am.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 7:48 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: TRA - Chef

Originally posted by rubybyron
I've read here that TRA can be a challenge to work with. Are there any options or is TRA the only agency that can assess chefs?

TRA:
- is it helpful to use an agent to assist in putting the application together, if so could you recomend someone?
- in terms of documentation submitted any special details to pay attention to, how detailed should the work/training reference, as well as my own personal statement letter be? Would anybody be willing to share their application/letters as an example?

Thank you all so much beforehand for your help. It will be very appreciated and if I end up in a location near you I'll prepare a great meal for you!
Dear fellow chef.

You have to get your skills assessed by the TRA - there's no other option.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some examples tonight.

Cheers
Claire
Old Nov 11th 2004, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Castrom8 will become famous soon enough

Hello, I've got the same procedure ahead of me. I would be totally happy, if anybody has some hints or help about the TRA process, as I will do it by myself (well, I'll try...) without an agent. I'm not worried about the skilled application, but the TRA Assessment worries me, particular No7 (used to be No9): "Occupation in which Assessment is sought".
What and how much is recommended to write?
I'm a Chef, 29yo.
Thanks to everybody who could help me a little bit with information regarding this!
Marco. A worried chef
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:28 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Castrom8
Hello, I've got the same procedure ahead of me. I would be totally happy, if anybody has some hints or help about the TRA process, as I will do it by myself (well, I'll try...) without an agent. I'm not worried about the skilled application, but the TRA Assessment worries me, particular No7 (used to be No9): "Occupation in which Assessment is sought".
What and how much is recommended to write?
I'm a Chef, 29yo.
Thanks to everybody who could help me a little bit with information regarding this!
Marco. A worried chef
I did the TRA and application on my own...Read the notes and read them again is all I did...Allot of people seem to write reams and reams of stuff to them(I suppose it depends how much and long it take to describe your job)I had no formal qualifications on paper so I had to prove I knew what I was talking about by writing it down. I did this step by step quoting tools used etc(not manufactures names but what the tools are and how to use them)I fit this in little writing (typing)onto 1 sheet of A4. Amazingly I passed..I shouldnt worry to much just be methodical about what you write. And obviously get employer refs to back up what you say...good luck
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:29 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

If in doubt contact an agent.

We used George Lombard, as we're just getting help for TRA it wasnt expensive and, although am still waiting for result and getting nervous due to all these failures lately, if we get the positive result it's money well spent.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: TRA - Chef

Originally Posted by bridiej
If in doubt contact an agent.

We used George Lombard, as we're just getting help for TRA it wasnt expensive and, although am still waiting for result and getting nervous due to all these failures lately, if we get the positive result it's money well spent.

Fair enough.
I thought of trying it without an agent as I'm already in Australia and have actually plenty of time (sponsored as a cook, another three years left), but all the paperwork, particularly the "essay" about all the duties, tasks and equipment I used in my whole career is driving me nuts - can't fall asleep at night because better ways to describe things are coming to my mind or strange ideas like adding pictures of meals I cooked... -nuts- (or maybe not? Oppinions apreciated!)
Castrom8
Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:52 am

Dont worry, it drives us all nuts!!!!!

Cant help you with the info I'm afraid as not applying as chef, but you need to put every minute detail of what you do and equipment used etc.

Sure one of the "cheffy" ones will be along shortly!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

13 weeks waiting - "good on ya!"
I've heard even priority assessment takes a little more then a month now (www.austimeline.com is really informative about actual waiting times!) What's your field?
So long I wish you great patience & lots of good karma
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Red face Re: TRA - Chef

Oh, just realized that a "rookie" (me) is trying to give a professional (bridiej) some tip (austimeline.com).. upps -blushing- Sure you know all about it...
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:22 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Dont worry, it drives us all nuts!!!!!

Cant help you with the info I'm afraid as not applying as chef, but you need to put every minute detail of what you do and equipment used etc.

Sure one of the "cheffy" ones will be along shortly!!
Hiya

"Cheffy" wife here!!!

We are in the process of resending the application - the rejection was very alarming but has made us more determined.

As I mentioned in one of the threads, when applying as chef a migration agent has informed us that first you have to prove you are a cook, then back it up with relevant years of experience for chef, etc......

Our problem was that we didn't do the "Cook" bit very well........ but the Chef part was great!

My hubby (the chef) is currently re-writing his "essay" about his experience... needless to say he has got up the age of 19 in his experience & he had written pages & pages so far - he is 35 now so on 16 years to go!!!!

We are aiming to resend before christmas, and are hoping for a favourable result soon.

If you need any help at all with ideas what to include, just ask & I can share everything we have been told with...no worries! ;o)

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 11th 2004 at 8:24 am. Reason: ;o)
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:30 am

I've heard even priority assessment takes a little more then a month now (www.austimeline.com is really informative about actual waiting times!) What's your field?

No probs...

I think you have been told a fib - priority takes at least three months at the moment!!!!

We are applying under Toolmaker, and hoping for result any day now... :scared:
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:47 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Who told you a month?? ;o()

I wish.......... I think you will find priority is taking about 12 to 14 wks, and normal up to 16-20 wks.

C
xxx
Old Nov 11th 2004, 8:54 am

Into our 14th week now since postman brought nothing from TRA today...
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Oh, maybe I was mistaken, guess I mixed my memory with some wishful thinking...
But yeah, of course it takes a long time to check all the work references and to call them all back, don't they? Well at least they are saying that.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:58 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we have just had a postive TRA result it took nearly 20 weeks and that was sent priority!!! there dosn't seem to be any order to them others applied much later in the same trade and received theirs in 12 weeks or so its very annoying when you pay the extra for priority. Still glad its all over now.

visa app next and the waiting starts again........:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.