Wikiposts

TRA assessment question

Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:41 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TRA assessment question

Looks as though i could be ok for a TRA assessment.

Just need to find some other sheet metal workers that have taken the TRA route for some advice on what written criteria is needed.

Thanks

Rob

Originally posted by Jacko1
Here is a little link that might help you

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Trades_TRA/262

Seems to explain in better detail than the TRA website

If I think of any others will let you know

Paul J
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:45 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Looks as though i could be ok for a TRA assessment.

Just need to find some other sheet metal workers that have taken the TRA route for some advice on what written criteria is needed.

Thanks

Rob
Rob,

I know that sheet metal or more to the point ductwork is in big demand in Australia I am in the Air Conditioning Industry also in big demand

Paul J
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:50 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

The last nine years i have been in the aerospace industry doing contract work for the likes of Rolls Royce, Boeing etc.

Think i will need some guidence on the layout of my assessment and how detailed it will need to be. Any advice???

Also worried that the previous emploers (2) have gone bust and will not be able to get any info.

Rob

Rob,

I know that sheet metal or more to the point ductwork is in big demand in Australia I am in the Air Conditioning Industry also in big demand

Paul J
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:55 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Paul,

Forgot to mention that the company that went bust was heating and ventilation and i was making dampers for ducts.

I know someone locally who used to work there. Am i able to write a descriptive assessment and get him to sign it for me?

Rob

Rob,

Paul J
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:01 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Paul,

Forgot to mention that the company that went bust was heating and ventilation and i was making dampers for ducts.

I know someone locally who used to work there. Am i able to write a descriptive assessment and get him to sign it for me?

Rob

Rob,

I'm pretty sure any high level ex employee of a bankrupt company can indeed sign/supply a reference.
Also I would do a search on companies house website and provide proof to TRA that the companies have folded up.

If you are using agent, I'm sure that they will be able to advise on correct format for information etc. The actual TRA form is very basic but needs to be supported with info etc.

As I said I do know someone who just did a STST DEc to support the application.

Paul J
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:40 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Hi Paul,

My main trade is sheet metal but have been have now been in an office job now for three years, with a break of 9 months for personal reasons. Will this be a problem?

Nothing is mentioned on the TRA web site.

Rob
Hi Rob,

I had my skills assessed by the TRA as a chef. I haven't worked in this trade since 2001 but because my current occupation is on the SOL list, it's fine. Is your current occupation on the SOL list?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:46 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Not too sure if my job is on the SOL list as i am an Engineering & Planning Administrator for an engineering food processing company www.dcnorris.co.uk.

Been here for 3 months. Took 9 months out before that.

Rob

Originally posted by claire edwards
Hi Rob,

I had my skills assessed by the TRA as a chef. I haven't worked in this trade since 2001 but because my current occupation is on the SOL list, it's fine. Is your current occupation on the SOL list?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

Not too sure if my job is on the SOL list as i am an Engineering & Planning Administrator for an engineering food processing company www.dcnorris.co.uk.

Rob
I'm not sure if your current job is relevant for the TRA and for DIMIA because you are not the main applicant.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:59 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi marleintje

I do have many years experience, 7 1/2 years at my last company as a sheet metal worker. then i was promoted to an office job for two years as a project engineer (Not too sure if that would count towards it).

I have many years before that as a sheet metal worker but the other companies have gone bust so will have problems confirming that i worked there.

Rob

Originally posted by marleintje
I'm not sure if your current job is relevant for the TRA and for DIMIA because you are not the main applicant.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi Im sorry but I have to disagree with marleintje - RMJ if you are claiming extra points for your experience to boost your overall points then your skills as the spouse of the main applicant are relevant.

For TRA try their website www.workplace.gov.au which has the application form together with general FAQ type info to complete. TRA are pretty good as long as you provide lots and lots of information.

Where a company has been liquidated, the information may still be on Companies House website and can be downloaded for free - you can provide this together with a statutory declaration from yourself stating that this is the case. You dont do a stat dec for every single thing you just do 1 SD detailing your job etc etc and add on all the other bits i.e. problems with previous employers i.e. they no longer exist and why etc - thats what I did for my other half and we are no undertaking our meds! so I couldnt have been that wrong!!

In addition, for peace of mind once you have done all the hard graft, ask Alan Collett or George Lombard or one of the other agents that frequent this website to take a look (they charge a small fee - I didnt do this but like I said if you felt you could do with the added comfort/security - might be worth the fee) at your TRA application.

I drafted all our letters that were required from suppliers/clients/customers etc and just emailed to them to put on headed paper (where necessary i.e. suppliers) and plain paper for customers - they just signed and returned to me.

Good luck with everything you will get there
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:18 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Rob
I'm sure there's a link on the immigration website where you can get clarification on this, or it might be on the SOL (PDF file) list on the immigration webiste. I will try and find out for you tonight.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:24 am
Life is good

Hi marleintje

I do have many years experience, 7 1/2 years at my last company as a sheet metal worker. then i was promoted to an office job for two years as a project engineer (Not too sure if that would count towards it).

I have many years before that as a sheet metal worker but the other companies have gone bust so will have problems confirming that i worked there.

Rob
Sorry, just re read all the emails. Your not the main applicant, are you? Your current experience doesn't need to be on the SOL to qualify. Do you need the 5 extra points for your skills?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:24 am
Life is good

Hi marleintje

Rob
Sorry, just re read all the emails. Your not the main applicant, are you? Your current experience doesn't need to be on the SOL to qualify. Do you need the 5 extra points for your skills?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:49 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Claire,

Thanks for your input!

looking at getting the extra 5 points to get the 120 points.

Rob

Originally posted by claire edwards
Old Jun 28th 2004, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Atticus
Hi Im sorry but I have to disagree with marleintje - RMJ if you are claiming extra points for your experience to boost your overall points then your skills as the spouse of the main applicant are relevant.
Sorry if I was unclear, of course Rob needs to proof hiss skills for the TRA to claim the 5 spouse points.

I just don't think the workexperience in this occupation has to be recent because he is not the main applicant.
Only the main applicant has to proof to DIMIA 12 months experience in the relevant job out of the last 18.

A positive TRA assessment stays valid indefenitely.
If all experience had to be recent it would become invalid after 6 or 12 months but that's not the case. You can still use the TRA stuff to apply 3 years later if you like, even though there's nothing recent on it. So it should be no problem for the TRA that Rob has done something else the last few years as he is not the main applicant. As long as he can proof that his experience and certification from the past is up to trade levels and done for enough years.

Good luck with everything Rob, hope it all works out for you two.
The TRA is for us the biggest hurdle, so time consuming and complicated. Once that is done the rest of the application seems like peanuts..