Wikiposts

TRA assessment question

Old Jun 27th 2004, 2:34 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default TRA assessment question

If putting in an application in to TRA for assessment, do they take into consideration work experience on its own or do you have to have trade certificates as well as work experience.

Thanks in advance

Rob
Old Jun 27th 2004, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA assessment question

Originally posted by Rob Morton-Jone
If putting in an application in to TRA for assessment, do they take into consideration work experience on its own or do you have to have trade certificates as well as work experience.

Thanks in advance

Rob
Hi Rob

For my TRA assessment it was all work experience. I did have a BTEC certificate but no trade certificates.

What you will need is references from previous employers.

If you need any more help let me know.

Graham
Old Jun 27th 2004, 3:26 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Hi Graham,

I have one years city and guilds and a couple of other minor certificates but have around 18 years experience in the sheet metal trade.

Two problems.

1) I finished in the sheet metal trade around 3 years ago. Would that be a problem? I am now in an office based job.
2) I can get references from the last employer i was with (was with them for over nine years). Employers before that have gone into liquidation and are not contactable.

Can i ask how detailed your application was?

Thanks

Rob

Originally posted by Gravyman
Hi Rob

For my TRA assessment it was all work experience. I did have a BTEC certificate but no trade certificates.

What you will need is references from previous employers.

If you need any more help let me know.

Graham
Old Jun 27th 2004, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rob

I've just emailed you.

Graham
Old Jun 27th 2004, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Gary & Rach. is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Graham,

I have one years city and guilds and a couple of other minor certificates but have around 18 years experience in the sheet metal trade.

Two problems.

1) I finished in the sheet metal trade around 3 years ago. Would that be a problem? I am now in an office based job.
2) I can get references from the last employer i was with (was with them for over nine years). Employers before that have gone into liquidation and are not contactable.

Can i ask how detailed your application was?

Thanks

Rob
Doesn't it state in the guidelines that your work experience has to be recent even if you have trade certificates?

Can't remember the exact details but i'm sure it was along those lines.

Gary & Rach.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 5:07 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Gary and Rach,

I have had a look on the TRA website to see if there is any criteria stating about recent work experience but cannot see anything.

Rob

Originally posted by Gary & Rach.
Doesn't it state in the guidelines that your work experience has to be recent even if you have trade certificates?

Can't remember the exact details but i'm sure it was along those lines.

Gary & Rach.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hi Rob

Did you get the results back from your AIM assessment. Apologies if I missed the answer in another post!

CK
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:27 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi CK,

No reply from AIM yet but think all should be well.

my reason for looking at a TRA assessment is for the spouse 5 points. just another option that we are looking at.

Trish is getting her skills assessed by AIM.

I am looking to get mine assesed by TRA but a few things are niggling me.

I think that TRA will do an assesment if you just have the experience rather than trade certificates but the thing is, my trade is sheet metal but i now have an office job. Finished the sheet metal side around three years ago but have years of experience. Which includes taking ten months out for personal reasons (May 2003 to March 2004)

Do you know if they will accept an assessment if i have been out of it for a while?

Rob

Originally posted by CK2B
Hi Rob

Did you get the results back from your AIM assessment. Apologies if I missed the answer in another post!

CK
Old Jun 27th 2004, 9:44 am
Just Joined

tedster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi CK,

No reply from AIM yet but think all should be well.

my reason for looking at a TRA assessment is for the spouse 5 points. just another option that we are looking at.

Trish is getting her skills assessed by AIM.

I am looking to get mine assesed by TRA but a few things are niggling me.

I think that TRA will do an assesment if you just have the experience rather than trade certificates but the thing is, my trade is sheet metal but i now have an office job. Finished the sheet metal side around three years ago but have years of experience. Which includes taking ten months out for personal reasons (May 2003 to March 2004)

Do you know if they will accept an assessment if i have been out of it for a while?

Rob
Hi Rob,
Just to let you know that I got my TRA skills assessment based on my previous work experience and qualifications , even though I'm in a totally different job now.
I applied for assessment as a Chef , but was assessed as a Cook because I couldn't provide references from a previous employer from years ago.
I've been employed as a Civil Servant since 1998, so they will still assess you if you're doing a different job now.
I hope that helps,
Tedster
Old Jun 27th 2004, 10:59 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

hi mate
im in the process now with an agent and you need 12 out of the last 18 months work experience in the trade you are applying for which has to be one on the SOL skilled occ list.

It is stressed that if you are even a day under that 12 months then you do not qualify,as we were going travelling for 7 months and now have to split out travel arrangements and do a 4 month trip then come back and work,then if we get the visa we are going on another rtw trip and ending up in oz to validate the visa.
We are at the very beggining of the process bvut ive searched and read nearly a thousand(no joke) pages on all the forms from TRA and DIMIA website and all the booklets and its a lot to take in!!! www.workplace.gov.au is TRA website if this helps, but id get an agent for just the skills assessment if i were you or at least do an online assessment which are free and see what they think. Hope this helps.

alk
Old Jun 27th 2004, 6:14 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

I am getting conflicting reports on this 12 out of 18 months.

Could someone advise on this?

Rob

Originally posted by alkristensen
hi mate
im in the process now with an agent and you need 12 out of the last 18 months work experience in the trade you are applying for which has to be one on the SOL skilled occ list.

It is stressed that if you are even a day under that 12 months then you do not qualify,as we were going travelling for 7 months and now have to split out travel arrangements and do a 4 month trip then come back and work,then if we get the visa we are going on another rtw trip and ending up in oz to validate the visa.
We are at the very beggining of the process bvut ive searched and read nearly a thousand(no joke) pages on all the forms from TRA and DIMIA website and all the booklets and its a lot to take in!!! www.workplace.gov.au is TRA website if this helps, but id get an agent for just the skills assessment if i were you or at least do an online assessment which are free and see what they think. Hope this helps.

alk
Old Jun 27th 2004, 7:42 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

I am getting conflicting reports on this 12 out of 18 months.

Could someone advise on this?

Rob

If you go to the TRA website you can download the form and covering notes etc. It is reasonably clear and from what I remember experiance can be used as long as you can back it up with refs etc. However some friends of ours could not get refs from previous employers and managed to do a STAT DEC and got through TRA assesment OK.

Sorry can't remember web address etc.

I initially thought I would need the TRA assessment, even though I amd an Australian citizen, to get trade recognition, turned out that my trade certs from UK I aceptable.

Paul J
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:03 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Hi Paul,

My main trade is sheet metal but have been have now been in an office job now for three years, with a break of 9 months for personal reasons. Will this be a problem?

Nothing is mentioned on the TRA web site.

Rob

Originally posted by Jacko1
If you go to the TRA website you can download the form and covering notes etc. It is reasonably clear and from what I remember experiance can be used as long as you can back it up with refs etc. However some friends of ours could not get refs from previous employers and managed to do a STAT DEC and got through TRA assesment OK.

Sorry can't remember web address etc.

I initially thought I would need the TRA assessment, even though I amd an Australian citizen, to get trade recognition, turned out that my trade certs from UK I aceptable.

Paul J
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:17 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Hi Paul,

My main trade is sheet metal but have been have now been in an office job now for three years, with a break of 9 months for personal reasons. Will this be a problem?

Rob
Here is a little link that might help you

http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Trades_TRA/262

Seems to explain in better detail than the TRA website

If I think of any others will let you know

Paul J
Old Jun 27th 2004, 8:23 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Hi Paul,

Rob
Rob,

This is the link you need, found this from my old searches etc.

http://www.workplace.gov.au/WP/CDA/F...intedguide.pdf

Should help

I assume you are thinking of going down the Skilled VISA route

Good Luck

Paul J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.