Wikiposts

TRA Assessment Motor Mechanic

Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Andy_WSM is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile TRA Assessment Motor Mechanic

Hi All

Would like some help if possible from someone who has sucessfully passed the TRA for motor mechanic. I have been been sucessfully nominated by an employer in SA and just prior to sending off the Visa form i was notified that i still have to have my trade assessed. My prospective employer thought as i had a job contract etc that i wouldnt need it. Im now getting close to the time period of the nomination expiring and dont want to fall at the hurdle of the TRA. A good friend who is a very good master tech failed it twice!! before he was sucessfull. It was not due to his qulification but down to how he worded the experience section on the last page with tools used etc.

What i am looking for is someone who has got through the TRA for motor mechanic and would like to see how they worded what they wrote. Im not looking to copy it but from actually seeing how that worded it will give me the info on how to oput down my experience. For example i can do any repair on a car but do i need to state the obvious like disconnect the battery , drain the oil remove drive shafts or propshafts etc or just put down i can rebuild engines, rebuild gearboxes, fault find using diagnostic equipment, replace wheel bearings, carry out servicing etc if u know what i mean.

If i word it wrong and get rejected i will run out of time to submit the Visa form, and then will lose the job offer.

If someone still has a copy of their sucessfull write up could you please get in touch.

I will appreciate any help in the matter as i have got to get out of this place(UK).

Thanks all

[email protected] for direct contact. cheers
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:06 am
doncaster....to....perth

midds will become famous soon enough
Default Re: TRA Assessment Motor Mechanic

Hi there,dont want to pour cold water on your move but at the moment the TRA doesnt assess motor mechanics ,it is now assessed by vetasses which is a much more costly and drawn out affair.,
If you can pass off as a fitter,diesel or plant then i would go down that route as they are still done by TRA,
hope this helps

mark
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

ianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this pointianbrown is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy, I am a qualified Motor Mechanic and passed my TRA Last year, as the poster above says TRA is now irrelevant for Motor Mechanic assesments and VETASSES now carry our migration skills assesements for them. It appears that VETASSES is much more drawn out in term sof three stages - questionaire, technical interview and practical assesment, If you know your stuff you will be fine Im sure, I think there are assesments coming up in April so you may be still okay for time if that isnt fully booked up?, Sorry I cant be more help but have a look at the vetasses website and it should explain it better than anyone can on here, It would not be ethical for me or anyone else to share what we spent alot of time & effort (and late nights) putting our own skills assesments together.

Good luck and hope your still okay for the April course
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:41 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by babyboo2101
Andy, I am a qualified Motor Mechanic and passed my TRA Last year, as the poster above says TRA is now irrelevant for Motor Mechanic assesments and VETASSES now carry our migration skills assesements for them. It appears that VETASSES is much more drawn out in term sof three stages - questionaire, technical interview and practical assesment, If you know your stuff you will be fine Im sure, I think there are assesments coming up in April so you may be still okay for time if that isnt fully booked up?, Sorry I cant be more help but have a look at the vetasses website and it should explain it better than anyone can on here, It would not be ethical for me or anyone else to share what we spent alot of time & effort (and late nights) putting our own skills assesments together.

Good luck and hope your still okay for the April course
I was just about to post a reply to this then read the rest of the replies and its a good job I did as I had no idea that VETASSES was doing the assesments for Motor Mechanic now.
My Hubby Passed his last year too.
Just to answer your question though, it took hours and pages to write all the info needed. It has to be back to basics and yes not just "I can take an engine out" but how, what tools etc with lots of detail. Not that it looks like it matters now though.
Good luck with whatever you need to do
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:07 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

For what visa are you applying?

An application for a permanent residency visa under the RSMS may not need a formal skills assessment, whereas an application under the ENS probably would.

Best regards.