TRA !!!! Again, sorry getting impatient

Old Sep 18th 2004, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road
Question TRA !!!! Again, sorry getting impatient

I sent my TRA application to agent begining of June, paid for fast track, agent e-mailed 15th June to say it has been couriered to TRA, received acknowledgement from TRA dated 15 July.

When does the clock start ticking ?? Is there any one out there with a similar submission date who has heard anything yet.

Or do I stop worrying and keep waiting !!!
Old Sep 18th 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: TRA !!!! Again, sorry getting impatient

if you search the threads there are quite a few, if you feel impatient spare a thought for me:

posted mid april, acknowledged end of april (priority) and STILL nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

i am getting tres twitchy about it. we called last month and she told us it would be a month, i think that must be about up now so i plan to email them again tomorrow.

have not really wanted to bug them too much as i get the feeling they are tempermental, however i am past caring now so will contact them again.

if it is negative after this humungous wait i will be a smidge irritated, can't imagine this process over again.

maxine
Old Sep 18th 2004, 4:31 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Maxine, did you send yours priority??
Old Sep 18th 2004, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bridiej
yes i did, well not initially, i upgraded it about a month after lodging and they confirmed in a response to an email i sent that they had reconcilled it ok and rerouted it to priority!

i am going to triply confirm this in an email to them tomorrow.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 7:27 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Druid
I sent my TRA application to agent begining of June, paid for fast track, agent e-mailed 15th June to say it has been couriered to TRA, received acknowledgement from TRA dated 15 July.

When does the clock start ticking ?? Is there any one out there with a similar submission date who has heard anything yet.

Or do I stop worrying and keep waiting !!!
I am sure someone /few have posted before about the TRA taking longer than expected & im sure someone posted with some sort of confirmation(i may be wrong) The whole system of emigrating is one great big lesson in patience,Having someone else with your future in their hands & there is nothing you can do about it except wait..wait...wait!
I would phone them & ask wots, wot? What have you got to lose? maybe embarassment for your enquiry? it only lasts a few seconds & after all you have paid for a service & dam well waited long enough for the result.
I wonder just how may of the employees in this place are actually sympathetic or have an understanding of what it is like to be in a position like this?
We have been through this stage & i feel for everybody going through this.
Good luck,
Donna.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Robinson Family is on a distinguished road

It took 17 weeks and 2 days for my hubbies.
We sent it priorty.
They are taking their time.
I know the wait is horrid but, worth it in the end.
Good luck
Andrea

Originally Posted by madsad
I am sure someone /few have posted before about the TRA taking longer than expected & im sure someone posted with some sort of confirmation(i may be wrong) The whole system of emigrating is one great big lesson in patience,Having someone else with your future in their hands & there is nothing you can do about it except wait..wait...wait!
I would phone them & ask wots, wot? What have you got to lose? maybe embarassment for your enquiry? it only lasts a few seconds & after all you have paid for a service & dam well waited long enough for the result.
I wonder just how may of the employees in this place are actually sympathetic or have an understanding of what it is like to be in a position like this?
Good luck,
Donna.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck,
Donna.
Personally I don't think phoning them makes the process any quicker. From what could be read on this site people who have phoned, have lately been given the same answer, saying that the application ist still being processed. There also seems no way of telling from when the clock starts ticking. Ours took exactly 12 weeks, applied 1st June and got the result on the 24th August. But there are also members on here which applied much earlier then us but got there result much later. So really there is no telling, you just have to wait and see.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 10:43 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simbacat
Personally I don't think phoning them makes the process any quicker. From what could be read on this site people who have phoned, have lately been given the same answer, saying that the application ist still being processed. There also seems no way of telling from when the clock starts ticking. Ours took exactly 12 weeks, applied 1st June and got the result on the 24th August. But there are also members on here which applied much earlier then us but got there result much later. So really there is no telling, you just have to wait and see.
I never said it makes the process any quicker,but you may be lucky to actually hear the progress of your case,instead of waiting week after week,especially Paying for priority service,just what do they class as priority?
If people were officially informed there would be hardly any need for the questions or impatience in the first place,we are hardly talking a few pennies here either.
Its ridiculous i think?
Donna.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

I never said it makes the process any quicker,but you may be lucky to actually hear the progress of your case,instead of waiting week after week,especially Paying for priority service,just what do they class as priority?
If people were officially informed there would be hardly any need for the questions or impatience in the first place,we are hardly talking a few pennies here either.
Its ridiculous i think?
Donna.
I am sorry but my posts was not meant to offend you in any way. I am not defending the TRA either, all i was trying to say is that many people have called and were not given any kind of important information.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by simbacat
I am sorry but my posts was not meant to offend you in any way. I am not defending the TRA either, all i was trying to say is that many people have called and were not given any kind of important information.
Oh no...Dont worry about it! you didnt offend me.
Its a risk i would rather take,saying nowt gets you no where...& at the end of the day at least youve asked ,positive reply or not?
Take a chance wots the worst that can happen?
Donna.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:07 am
Paul

does it not go off what proffesion your,e going over as,i,ve been told
because my occupation is a skill shortage i could be in from start to finish
in 12-13 months
"The Druid" <member23266@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > I sent my TRA application to agent begining of June, paid for fast
    > track, agent e-mailed 15th June to say it has been couriered to TRA,
    > received acknowledgement from TRA dated 15 July.
    > When does the clock start ticking ?? Is there any one out there with a
    > similar submission date who has heard anything yet.
    > Or do I stop worrying and keep waiting !!!
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paul
does it not go off what proffesion your,e going over as,i,ve been told
because my occupation is a skill shortage i could be in from start to finish
in 12-13 months
I don't think that has any implication on the TRA MODL or not. I think you mean the visa application not the TRA assessment.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

AgentX is an unknown quantity at this point

To all of you expect a six month wait if you get it sooner then great. TRA are the slowest at present if you had not paid fasttrack god knows when you would get it. 20 -26 weeks average at the mo. If you have MODL it doesnt make a difference im afraid.

QUOTE=madsad]Oh no...Dont worry about it! you didnt differend me.
Its a risk i would rather take,saying nowt gets you no where...& at the end of the day at least youve asked ,positive reply or not?
Take a chance wots the worst that can happen?
Donna.[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 21st 2004, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Maxine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
Yes! was sent in june but had mix up with banks and the fees had to be re-submitted end of July, had a confirmation letter through end of July and amazing the TRA have approved skills last week. The clock starts ticking the day of the confirmation letter.was expecting to have to wait the full 3 months.
However! I had to check and double check application for fear of it being rejected! I wonder if the time wait is to do with complexity of job, mine was for BRICKLAYER!
They are very specific about not contacting them, But I did e-mail once just to check all was OK!
Hope all works out for you soon, it's hard work waiting.