TRA - acknowledgement??

Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:15 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA - acknowledgement??

I posted our TRA details on 6th August, the Post Office man (who was quite helpful for a change!) said it would take about a week.

I've check the "track and trace" but it is still saying "Passed to overseas agent for delivery" and no signature!

Does anyone know how long it will take to get there??

And will the TRA send an acknowledgment letter so we know it's arrived safe and sound??

Sorry, but I just dont trust the Royal Mail!!!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA - acknowledgement??

Hi
When we sent off our TRA we sent it by courier to our agent in Sydney. That took less than a week. She sent it off to the TRA who received it on the 29th April. TRA then sent out an acknowledgement on 5th May.
Last week we sent off our SIR sponsorship froms to our agent. We sent them on the Thursday and she recieved them on the wednesday. These were sent by Royal Mail Swiftair or whatever they call it these days.
I didn't trust RM with my TRA (I used to work at RM) but thought the sponsorship forms can be sent again as we didn't have to get them certified etc.

But to be fair to RM it got there just as quick as the courier and cost a quarter of the price.

Hope you get an acknowledgement soon and your wait isn't too long either. We are still waiting for ours although our agent has said it's been done, just waiting to hear the result.

Graham

Originally Posted by bridiej
I posted our TRA details on 6th August, the Post Office man (who was quite helpful for a change!) said it would take about a week.

I've check the "track and trace" but it is still saying "Passed to overseas agent for delivery" and no signature!

And will the TRA send an acknowledgment letter so we know it's arrived safe and sound??

Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:10 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

It usually takes around a week for the internationally signed for post to arrive in OZ. You can't use track and trace for this, but with this postal service they can guarantee that it get's sign for at the other end. If you are concerned about this you might want to use a courier for further documents sent to OZ, then you can track it. I've personally not had a problem with documents being sent by the post office via internationally sign for.

The TRA will send you a letter confirming the arrival of your application.. I can't remember off the top of my head how long it took for the acknowledgement letter to arrive. The website www.austimeline.com will show you how long that generally takes.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Hiya Bridie try not to worry we sent ours with royal mail track n trace only to keep ckecking and it says the same as yours but as you know ours has got there due to them saying we not sent payment lol. ours took about a week to get there looking at the dates on the letter we got so im sure yours has landed by now

Debs xxxxx
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:44 am

Thanks everyone - that has put my mind at rest a bit...!

I know it's only been a week, but it feels like four years!!!!!!!!

Debs, hope you got your payment stuff sorted out with them??
Old Aug 16th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Thanks everyone - that has put my mind at rest a bit...!

I know it's only been a week, but it feels like four years!!!!!!!!

Debs, hope you got your payment stuff sorted out with them??
hi Bridie well as you know ive emailed them but i didnt have any reply this morn so i tried ringing them and they were shut again lol will have to wait till tomoz morn now will ring them about 8 this time and try and catch them but with this i hope it doesnt put us back any

Debs xxx
Old Aug 16th 2004, 10:49 am

The time difference is a pain sometimes isnt it!

Good luck tomorrow morning.... x
Old Aug 16th 2004, 1:52 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Our agent sent our TRA 23rd June 2004 after hearing nothing i rang agent last week to find TRA had sent them a letter of acknowledgment on 19th July (nearly 4 weeks after posting) our agent had forgot to let us know! as if the waiting isn't bad enough. They've posted us a copy now.

Good luck

Kay
Old Aug 16th 2004, 2:39 pm

Thumbs down Re: TRA - acknowledgement??

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi

Our agent sent our TRA 23rd June 2004 after hearing nothing i rang agent last week to find TRA had sent them a letter of acknowledgment on 19th July (nearly 4 weeks after posting) our agent had forgot to let us know! as if the waiting isn't bad enough. They've posted us a copy now.

Good luck

Kay

4 weeks?! Poo.!

Have you had a decision yet or did they give you any idea how long you will have to wait??
Old Aug 16th 2004, 3:15 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

4 weeks?! Poo.!

Have you had a decision yet or did they give you any idea how long you will have to wait??
Nope no decision yet our agent is still saying they are taking 3 months for priority assessment so should hear end september though if you read previous posts on the forum re TRA's they seem to be taking 4-5 months and longer have you sent yours priority?
Old Aug 16th 2004, 4:29 pm

Yes, sent ours priority - I think it's unfair that it takes so long when they advertise that priority takes 60 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!