Tourist visas?

Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Tourist visas?

Hi all,

I'm trying to organise tourist visas for my parents when they visit later in the year, but the Australian Immigration site only has an online service for ETAs for certain countries, not including the UK.

Any ideas if I'm missing something here, or do I have to apply online somewhere else?

Many thanks
Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tourist visas?

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/
Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

Yeah found it cheers. Assumed that 'European' passport holders didn't include UK.

Ta
Old Jun 7th 2009, 5:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
Yeah found it cheers. Assumed that 'European' passport holders didn't include UK.
Includes all EU member states, plus some others, eg Switzerland.

In substantive terms, it is unclear what the difference between an evisitor visa and an ETA is.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

This might be a silly question but it seems a reasonable place to ask. If I apply for a tourist visa next year will anything happen to impact my 175 application? I have read that a new visa cancels the previous one or something and don't want to inadvertently cancel my application!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
This might be a silly question but it seems a reasonable place to ask. If I apply for a tourist visa next year will anything happen to impact my 175 application? I have read that a new visa cancels the previous one or something and don't want to inadvertently cancel my application!
You need to let DIAC know what your plans are when you apply for the tourist one.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, why would you want to get a tourist visa when you've applied for a migration visa? I'm sure there are reasons, I just for the life of me can't think of any
Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Out of interest, why would you want to get a tourist visa when you've applied for a migration visa? I'm sure there are reasons, I just for the life of me can't think of any
I have a friend getting married next May in Perth and am bridesmaid. I don't expect to have the 175 through by then as I am non CSL and have not gone for state sponsorship.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Gtrotter will become famous soon enough

No, no issues. I traveled to Aus after lodgment for a project and as of last week they are still busy processing my visa and it should be granted early in July. Probably best to just inform your CO/DIAC, what you don't want to happen is that they grant the visa while you are IN in AUS as the 175 is a offshore visa. They can't legally grant you the visa while you are there.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:08 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

We lodged our 175 application last may, but then needed to take a reccie trip in the July. We had no problems getting an ETA & in fact they still show up as valid in our visa status in our online application. All we needed to do was to inform DIAC - we got our agent to do it, no problems
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks guys, but I don't have an agent or a CO to inform of my plans. I hear DIAC are very hard to get hold of, would I tell them by PLE that I am applying for a tourist visa?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

middi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You need to let DIAC know what your plans are when you apply for the tourist one.
Thanks for the info Pollyana.

Have applied for a 175 visa in Sept 08 and decided to head out in August to see how much Sydney & Manly have changed since my OH was there some years ago.

EVISITOR Visa granted, but didn't think to inform DIAC. Have just sent of a quick message now to keep them in the loop...phew!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 7:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, but I don't have an agent or a CO to inform of my plans. I hear DIAC are very hard to get hold of, would I tell them by PLE that I am applying for a tourist visa?
I would imagine that would do it - put any reference number you have. It just means that instead of issuing the visa (which would cancel the ETA/tourist visa) they advise you they are ready to grant the new visa once you have left Australia.