Wikiposts

Tourist Visa for Spouse

Old Oct 1st 2011, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

faisaljawaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Tourist Visa for Spouse

Dear All,

I have been granted PR in August 2011. I am currently outside Australia. I am getting married in November 2011. I want go Australia with my wife for vacation and Intial reporting for me in November 2011. I know my wife has to apply for tourist visa. I was going through different threads and it was stated that my wife has to prove that her visit intention is for tourism. We will only stay there for 3 weeks. Any advise appreciated.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 7:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tourist Visa for Spouse

Originally Posted by faisaljawaid
Dear All,

I have been granted PR in August 2011. I am currently outside Australia. I am getting married in November 2011. I want go Australia with my wife for vacation and Intial reporting for me in November 2011. I know my wife has to apply for tourist visa. I was going through different threads and it was stated that my wife has to prove that her visit intention is for tourism. We will only stay there for 3 weeks. Any advise appreciated.
It would be best if you both took proof that you are planning to return home- return tickets, proof of a job to go back to, your home etc.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It would be best if you both took proof that you are planning to return home- return tickets, proof of a job to go back to, your home etc.
Pollyana,

Yes i can provide return tickets for me and my wife and also my Employment Letter that i work in a company. Also my Bank statement to support evidence of finances.
My wife is not working so i cannot show anything on her behalf.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

She may still be denied a tourist visa. But you won't know unless you apply.

Secondly, if you have not yet validated your visa then marriage before validation is a notifiable change of circumstances and if your visa has a "not marry before first entry" condition it may be cancelled.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
She may still be denied a tourist visa. But you won't know unless you apply.

Secondly, if you have not yet validated your visa then marriage before validation is a notifiable change of circumstances and if your visa has a "not marry before first entry" condition it may be cancelled.
Dear JAJ,

I dont have the above mentioned condition on my Visa "not marry before first entry"
I have contacted my case officer stating that i might get married before comming to Australia or say before my visa validation.
The answer by case officer was that your case has been closed and my wife cannot be added in current application and she has to file her spouse Visa seperately.

I also had discussion on other forum and following statement i got form some members when i asked that should i inform my change in circumstances to case officer.
You don't need to tell your CO anything. In fact you do not have a CO so you can't tell them anything.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...67#post9602867

Please advise i know we are off topic but it is also necessary and when should I inform when the dates of marriage are fixed or after marriage.

confused by your statement.