Totally Devastted Please Help

Old Apr 28th 2003, 12:37 pm
Jaj

Default Re: Totally Devastted Please Help

>On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:14:28 +0000, lindy wrote:
    >I have just had a call from our agent saying that our TRA has been
    >rejected, and we are awaiting the letter from them to say why, it seems
    >that maybe it could be that we own our own business and can't proove
    >Mark is on the tools for at least 50% of the time.

It might be worth getting Glenn Newton onto the case. He's had a lot
of promotion on this ng over the last few days (and I don't get a
commission) but is fairly well regarded for TRA assessments.

His website is http://www.alms.com.au

He should be able to review your case and suggest a possible appeal or
a re-application to TRA.

>Our only other option in my eyes is to go for a business visa, but these
    >seem only to cover large businesses with a huge turnover and large
    >assets and wage bills.
    >Question, is there any way that a smaller business owner can apply
    >turnover is damn good but not enough to claim enough points, all that
    >is needed once you get to OZ is a small business with a couple of full
    >time employees and a small turnover so why do you need such a large
    >business to apply.

Business migration has become a lot more difficult since 1 March 2003.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/books7.htm

Jeremy
This is not intended to be legal advice in any jurisdiction

Old Apr 29th 2003, 10:14 am
Just Joined

lindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Totally Devastted Please Help

I have just had a call from our agent saying that our TRA has been rejected, and we are awaiting the letter from them to say why, it seems that maybe it could be that we own our own business and can't proove Mark is on the tools for at least 50% of the time.
Our only other option in my eyes is to go for a business visa, but these seem only to cover large businesses with a huge turnover and large assets and wage bills.
Question, is there any way that a smaller business owner can apply turnover is damn good but not enough to claim enough points, all that is needed once you get to OZ is a small business with a couple of full time employees and a small turnover so why do you need such a large business to apply.
I am stumped and clutching at straws as we are desperate to go and this has all been a real blow.
Wish I could just sign something to say I will start my own business and promise not to touch state funds for 100 years and won;t be a burden in any shape or form, nothing is ever that easy though hey!!
Have put a call into Alan Collett, should be returned within 48 hours.
Any help will be sooooo appreciated.
Lindy
Old Apr 29th 2003, 12:14 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

All I can tell you until the experts look at this is: my aunt and uncle who have a small business i.e. He is a draughtsman, something to do with techncial drawings and is the only one employed by the company, no premises, works from home, no employees just himself and he was granted a Business Visa lasts for four years and has to employ 2/3 Australians by the end of the Visa period, if he does he gets to stay on a PR, so all may not be lost, wait to hear from your agent, hope he calls you soon. Good Luck.
Old Apr 29th 2003, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry Lindy

You must be gutted. We applied for TRA back in Feb and and recieved confirmation in March. My partner and i run our own business and all i said on his PS that he worked so many hours a week and also the tasks he undertook.

Will you consider appealing against their decision? I wish you the best of luck with what ever path you decide to take and hope that it all works out.

footie chick
Old Apr 29th 2003, 2:33 pm
Paul

Talk to Glenn Newton, if there is anyway the case could be better presented
he will know how to do it.

www.alms.com.au

Paul

Not on commission either, just a satisfied customer.

"lindy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I have just had a call from our agent saying that our TRA has been
    > rejected, and we are awaiting the letter from them to say why, it seems
    > that maybe it could be that we own our own business and can't proove
    > Mark is on the tools for at least 50% of the time.
    > Our only other option in my eyes is to go for a business visa, but these
    > seem only to cover large businesses with a huge turnover and large
    > assets and wage bills.
    > Question, is there any way that a smaller business owner can apply
    > turnover is damn good but not enough to claim enough points, all that
    > is needed once you get to OZ is a small business with a couple of full
    > time employees and a small turnover so why do you need such a large
    > business to apply.
    > I am stumped and clutching at straws as we are desperate to go and this
    > has all been a real blow.
    > Wish I could just sign something to say I will start my own business and
    > promise not to touch state funds for 100 years and won;t be a burden in
    > any shape or form, nothing is ever that easy though hey!!
    > Have put a call into Alan Collett, should be returned within 48 hours.
    > Any help will be sooooo appreciated.
    > Lindy
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 29th 2003, 3:08 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Lindy,

Can you please email me your telephone number directly so I can call you tomorrow (I'm in Melbourne presently - working late, as ever!)?

With all the recommendations about Glenn in the other posts on this thread hopefully you'll be comforted to know that he works with me on our trade occupation skills assessment applications.

Best regards.

Originally posted by lindy
I have just had a call from our agent saying that our TRA has been rejected, and we are awaiting the letter from them to say why, it seems that maybe it could be that we own our own business and can't proove Mark is on the tools for at least 50% of the time.
Our only other option in my eyes is to go for a business visa, but these seem only to cover large businesses with a huge turnover and large assets and wage bills.
Question, is there any way that a smaller business owner can apply turnover is damn good but not enough to claim enough points, all that is needed once you get to OZ is a small business with a couple of full time employees and a small turnover so why do you need such a large business to apply.
I am stumped and clutching at straws as we are desperate to go and this has all been a real blow.
Wish I could just sign something to say I will start my own business and promise not to touch state funds for 100 years and won;t be a burden in any shape or form, nothing is ever that easy though hey!!
Have put a call into Alan Collett, should be returned within 48 hours.
Any help will be sooooo appreciated.
Lindy
Old Apr 29th 2003, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear your news, hope you can sort something out, im sure you will find a way.
Old Apr 30th 2003, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

sputnikspouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Lindy,

Can you please email me your telephone number directly so I can call you tomorrow (I'm in Melbourne presently - working late, as ever!)?

With all the recommendations about Glenn in the other posts on this thread hopefully you'll be comforted to know that he works with me on our trade occupation skills assessment applications.

Best regards.
you always offer great advice on this forum. I am thinking about going to N.Z. can you let me know the cost of having a business plan made
regards
Old May 8th 2003, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Jamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really niceJamie Smith is just really nice
Default business plan cost

Hmmm. How long is a piece of string?

Plan costs depend on how well prepared you are for supply of necessary info, how much research you have done or need to get done, complexity of description required about the business operation etc

Prices in the market range from about $1000 for copy-and-paste, change-your-name-from-someone-else's-plan (NZIS will decline these), up to $6000 for full on document with exhaustive consultation and screeds of research (not usually necessary, this plan would be for a local Kiwi owner who wanted real time support)

Expect to pay $2000 to $3000 for a reasonable and professional document that is not only fine for NZIS purposes but also acts as a proper guide for your business in real world.