Too Inpatient

Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

karlyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Too Inpatient

Hi everyone,
I know, I know,I`m too inpatient but the waitings killing me.Havent slept for weeks.
The application arrived front desk on the 16th of July,c.c debited on the 20th but no aknowledgement yet.
I know they say 7 days, even allowing 2 weeks for postage delays,etc, it should be here. I cant help thinking its got lost,sent to wrong address or worse.And I know it`ll be worse later when pcs and meds are in and I`m waiting for that yellow envelope.Just dont think I`m not cut out for this sort of thing,wish we`d used an agent, at least I would have somebody else to go on at.
Anyone applied similar date and heard something
Many thanks
Karly B
Old Aug 10th 2004, 1:55 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Default Re: Too Inpatient

Originally Posted by karlyb
Hi everyone,
I know, I know,I`m too inpatient but the waitings killing me.Havent slept for weeks.
The application arrived front desk on the 16th of July,c.c debited on the 20th but no aknowledgement yet.
I know they say 7 days, even allowing 2 weeks for postage delays,etc, it should be here. I cant help thinking its got lost,sent to wrong address or worse.And I know it`ll be worse later when pcs and meds are in and I`m waiting for that yellow envelope.Just dont think I`m not cut out for this sort of thing,wish we`d used an agent, at least I would have somebody else to go on at.
Many thanks
Karly B
Let me provide you some info. Most of the July applicants had received their acknowledgement within couple of weeks I think you should give them some time.
Mind once you receive the acknowledgement you will also receive the meds and pcc so hold on for a while. you are not impatient its jut everyone goes through this phase once.

cheers
Old Aug 10th 2004, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Smile Re: Too Inpatient

Hi Karly

I know how hard it is to be patient- see my thread below !!

The only advice I can give is based on past experience:

When I first applied for the skills assessment I waited day after day for that letter to come thru and got really down- I felt in limbo land and felt like I couldnt make any plans for the future. In the end I was so worried and depressed that I got signed off work- The main reason for being signed off was my job at the time but the added stress of the skills assessment certainly added pressure.

I still stress every day about the visa- ( as mentioned-see thread below) BUT
I now know thats its not worth getting so upset over that it starts to effect your health ( or in your case, your sleep !! )

The only sure thing is that eventually the waiting will be over and in a year or two you will have forgotton all the stress of waiting for a letter from the DMIA !!!

Rest assured there are many like you feeling like this !!

I find that a nice glass of wine always helps !!!!

Nat xx
Old Aug 10th 2004, 4:50 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Karly,
I am in a similar situation, although we sent in our spouse visa app in May and hubbies ex-wife has delayed ours (refusing medical for their daughter), so you can imagine how frustrating it's been!!! Everything else was done by end of May!
Step-daughters medical done last week tho, so hopefully will receive the yellow envelope by next week!!!
I fully sympathise with the stress of waiting and hope your visa doesn't take as long as ours has to get processed!!!
Good luck!!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by karlyb
Hi everyone,
Many thanks
Karly B
Hi Karly

I know what you mean! It looks like our applications arrived pretty much the same time (our CC was debited 22nd). Look at the +ve side... At least you know the CC part of your form was filled out correctly! The 7 days bit ... I would suggest it's a target, rather than something set in stone, so hang in there ... and get some sleep! It won't be delivered at night!
I agree with Natty ... alcohol helps !