Timing of EOI and Tests

Old Jun 19th 2016, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

jandenkins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timing of EOI and Tests

Hi

I plan to submit an EOI for a 189 visa. My occupation is on the SOL and if I do the IELTS test, I should get 70 points.

I am 43, turning 44 in March 2017 so I need to get a move on. As an added complication, I have also applied for a family of a NZ citizen visa (subclass 461-5 year temporary) to get me and my family out in Aussie as soon as possible. This subclass 461 visa application is being processed now.

The plan was to get the subclass 461 visa, head out to Aussie by the end of the year and apply for the 189 visa once there. However, as time is tight, I was wondering if there were other options.

If I go with the original plan, can I do the ACS assessment for my skills and the IELTS test while in the UK and take the results with me to Aussie before applying? How long are they valid for once you get them?

Or....would it be better just to get an EOI in now and the IELTS test and ACS assessment done now. What would occur then if we moved to Aussie while the EOI is already lodged? Would I be able to change the address on it?

Also, I'm a bit vague on Police background checks and medicals? When would I need to get those done?

Thanks in advance for any guidance and please feel free to point out anything I haven't considered!

Many Thanks
Dan
Old Jun 20th 2016, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timing of EOI and Tests

I am not really sure I understand the dilemma over whether to apply now or later tbh. You are not having a milestone birthday that is going to impact your points, having said that occupation lists change so if you qualify now maybe apply now in case your occupation comes off the list.

Do medicals and police checks when you receive an email from a case officer asking you to carry out medicals and police checks.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dan

You can potentially ave a EOI lodged and then travel to Australia on another suitable visa whilst it is in the pool and/or being processed.
You would need to undertake the skills assessment and English test (if required) before submitting the EOI, for the primary applicant of a skilled visa they are generally valid for 3 years.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 1:46 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

One thing though - do not lodge an EOI until you have your assessment from ACS and IELTS score if needed.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 4:56 am
Just Joined

jandenkins is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay in coming back to you. Thanks.

I think I was a bit confused as to when to apply for the IELTS and ACS Assessment. Its now clear that I should get those done asap, then lodge the EOI....then cross fingers!

Cheers
DM