Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Thread for members applying under 138 Skilled Australian Sponsered

Thread for members applying under 138 Skilled Australian Sponsered

Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:27 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thread for members applying under 138 Skilled Australian Sponsered

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Hey my uncle and aunt and cousin have just bought 2 businesses in tin can bay (rainbow bay!)

fabie
Sorry, Fabie - just noted I spelt your name incorrectly in previous post. One things for sure, this is a small world and no matter where you go, it's getting smaller!

Off to do the Grocery shopping now - Take care and catch you all later.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Sorry, Fabie - just noted I spelt your name incorrectly in previous post. One things for sure, this is a small world and no matter where you go, it's getting smaller!

Off to do the Grocery shopping now - Take care and catch you all later.
No problem! I am actually thinking about changing my name on my resume when i get to oz because when people read "Fabienne" they keep on thinking im a man! and then they say that its exotic!!!! so i was going to use my middle name, which is anne.

I am thinking about going in September. I spent a bit over a year on the Gold Coast studying in 2003 and have all my friends there (i knew them from before). I am not sure where im going yet, since i am going on my own and will go where i find a good job (studied tourism management and development and want to find a position in that domain).

Hope there werent too many ppl grocery shopping on a Saturday! here its snowing again! (i live in a ski resort)...

fabie
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:18 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Nicky & Dave]Shirley,

Nope, I don't think that RPL applied to Dave. He was abit of a nerd and got himself a degree in computer science, bless my little darling, and has got nearly 15 years industry experience.

I actually feel very sorry for the people assessing applications at the ACS - Dave's was also about the same as your hubbies. I imagine most applications must be about 40-50 pages long and it must get mind-numbing reading through the whole lot!

How old are your children, and how do they feel about emigrating? We haven't got any yet, but I have four cats which are surrogate kids for the time being!

Nicky

Hi Nicky

I have two boys who are 14 and 12 and a daughter of 9. They are all very enthusiastic about moving to Oz. We have been twice so far and so they know what is there and what isn't. My oldest will be doing his GCSE's next year and so we hope that we are timing it right to move just after that. He wants to go on to higher education, as the school have him down as an A/A* student. He certainly has the ability but only if he puts his mind to it.

We also have cats (2) and a rabbit. We have already found a home for the rabbit if he is still with us. We have decided not to take the cats as one will be 10 and the other will be 9. The oldest one was a "free to a good home" and we think was badly treated before she came to us as she can be very wary of men. She has a great distrust of any strangers and does not travel well. The other one went missing for 6 weeks when she was fairly young and since then will not go out on her own, and when she does go out she shadows the older one closely. So the mother in law has volunteered to have them both. I know they will be happy there but even with so long to go before I rehome them with her it upsets me to think of it.

Shirley
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:08 pm
roorooney

roorooney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicky

Well we just feel we've got nothing to lose by going. We don't have children and my husband has no family. My dad and sister have lived in Tenerife for the last 7 years and I was just getting bored with the whole getting up, going to work, coming home, watching tv, going to bed thing. Sheamus is 41 this month and you have to be under 45 to go plus we don't have to have points to go because we're going over on the government sponsored skills thing. I hate the climate here (yes it snowed in London on Friday too!) and after months of discussion we just decided to give it a go. Now that we've made the decision though I feel like you - that I'm just wishing my life away and want to get there - but I guess it will just take as long as it takes.

I've not heard one negative report from people that have moved out there - although I have to say I am VERY worried about the spiders - and I guess I just think if we don't do it now we never will and then will spend the rest of our lives regretting it. If it doesn't work out we'll come back but I really don't see that happening.

How about you?
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about
Red face Re: Thread for members applying under 138 Skilled Australian Sponsered

Hi there everyone from a couple of newbies !

We're wondering if there are any others out there who have either already lodged an application, or are preparing to lodge an application, under Skilled-Australian Sponsered (Class BQ, Subclass 138.)

My better half and I are in the process of preparing our application to lodge by end of this month, and we're hoping to settle in Sydney where we have family. Dave's skills have been successfully approved for one of the categories listed on the SSASSL (Sydney and Selected Area Skilled Shortage List).

It seems the application process can be an emotional rollercoaster, so we'd love to hear from any other members who have gone, are going, or are about to go through, the same process as we are! It would be great to hear about others experiences, and to share the ups and downs with people who can relate to what you are going through.

Or please drop a line to say hallo, irrespective of whether you're applying under the same category as us or not.

Take Care,

Dave and Nicky
Hi Nicky and Dave from Nikki and Peter!

We too are hopefully going to Perth through Skilled Australian Sponsored route. We are on www.austimeline.com under NikkiGriff. Our app went in finally on 24th March so the wait has started. Peter's brother and his wife are being our spon/AOS.

We have three teenagers one who is 17 so need to get a move on with process before she is 18 = August.

Great to hear from people in similar part of process.

Nikki xx
Old Apr 10th 2005, 1:20 am
Just Joined

taggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Thread for members applying under 138 Skilled Australian Sponsered

Hi Dave and Nicky

We are also newbies who have just found Expats. We wish we had found it sooner. However, we too had applied under Skilled 138 and have been fortunate to be accepted. Have booked flights for 28th July 2005 and cannot wait. Also going to Sydney. Our timeline was quicker than what I had expected. Sent the application off in August 2004 and we heard back on 14th Feb (lovely valentine pressie) that we had got in. It was Centrelink that took their time with the sponsor, kept asking for different paperwork etc.

If you need to know anything or just feel reasurred, give me a bell and we'll be more than happy to help. We also live in Yorkshire.

Take care and good luck

Diane and Michael
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Hi All
We too have applied 138 visa and we too live in Yorkshire ( Bridlington ).
We sent app off on 26th of Jan 05 so are due to receive meds & aos bond request pritty soon.
We are Donna, Paul, Kirry 11, Chloe 10, & Kirby 8.
Donna.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:08 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roorooney
Hi Nicky

I've not heard one negative report from people that have moved out there - although I have to say I am VERY worried about the spiders - and I guess I just think if we don't do it now we never will and then will spend the rest of our lives regretting it. If it doesn't work out we'll come back but I really don't see that happening.

How about you?
Hi Ruth,

Well, I guess for us the main reasons are family and the lifestyle. Dave's sister married an Ozzie and they moved to Sydney in 1996 from the UK, and ever since his first visit to Oz later that year, Dave had planned to emigrate. Dave and I met in 1997, and luckily for him, after my first holiday to Oz, I shared the dream!

However, I must admit to undergoing a change of mind last year, so it's only really been since we came back from a holiday in Sydney in Feb of this year that we have knuckled down and are getting on with the application. Dave's parents are also moving to Sydney from Durban in May, so we are getting quite abit of flack from them all to get 'a bloody move on!'

I still get colly-wobbles about the whole thing every now and again, but the fact that we have family over there is a comfort.

Did you see the posting earlier this week about the spider?? Actually, probably better if you didn't!! Sorry, only teasing - I've never actually seen anything other than a 'Golden Orb' when I've been out there, so I wouldn't worry yourself about it too much.

Take Care,

Nicky
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:14 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Hi All
We too have applied 138 visa and we too live in Yorkshire ( Bridlington ).
We sent app off on 26th of Jan 05 so are due to receive meds & aos bond request pritty soon.
We are Donna, Paul, Kirry 11, Chloe 10, & Kirby 8.
Donna.
Hi Donna,

Nice to hear from you, and thanks for joining the thread. Did you see the earlier posting from Diane (Taggs) advising their application was processed in seven months! Whereabouts in Oz are you hoping to settle?

Rgds,
Nicky
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:25 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by taggs
Hi Dave and Nicky

We are also newbies who have just found Expats. We wish we had found it sooner. However, we too had applied under Skilled 138 and have been fortunate to be accepted. Have booked flights for 28th July 2005 and cannot wait. Also going to Sydney. Our timeline was quicker than what I had expected. Sent the application off in August 2004 and we heard back on 14th Feb (lovely valentine pressie) that we had got in. It was Centrelink that took their time with the sponsor, kept asking for different paperwork etc.

If you need to know anything or just feel reasurred, give me a bell and we'll be more than happy to help. We also live in Yorkshire.

Take care and good luck

Diane and Michael
Hi Diane and Michael,

You're not that far from us actually - we live near Wetherby. Small world!

Thanks so much for news about timescales! That is pretty darn quick! I'll definately take you up on that offer of advice, and feel free to keep us posted on the thread about your progress in terms of preparing and getting sorted for your move in July.

Best wishes,
Nicky
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Hi Nicky & Dave
We will be heading for perth, Rockingham area as we have quite a few freinds in that area.
I have family in Sydney ( uncle who is sponsoring us ) but they are in their 50's with grown up kids, we are in our 30's, with young kids. We chose to go to perth as they are all our age group and also its cheaper property over there so we thought it would give us a better start.
Donna.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 3:55 am
Just Joined

taggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

World is even smaller as we only moved near York from Wetherby in November. We are currently in rented accommodation as we sold our house 2 years ago in preparation (that'll teach me - should have got the application sent sooner).

Whereabouts in Sydney are you going? We are going to live with brother in Croyden initially until we can both secure jobs. Looking at houses in Baulken Hills area.

Speak soon

Diane, Michael and Natasha
x
Old Apr 10th 2005, 4:11 am
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by taggs
Hiya

World is even smaller as we only moved near York from Wetherby in November. We are currently in rented accommodation as we sold our house 2 years ago in preparation (that'll teach me - should have got the application sent sooner).

Whereabouts in Sydney are you going? We are going to live with brother in Croyden initially until we can both secure jobs. Looking at houses in Baulken Hills area.

Speak soon

Diane, Michael and Natasha
x
Hi there,

My sister-in-law lives in Asquith, so we'd initially look at renting in the North Sydney area, probably Berowra or Berorwra Heights, which backs onto the Karingey National park. I must admit that I have very little knowledge of what the rest of the Sydney suburbs are like, so we'd need to do quite abit of research before we buy.

You probably got your timing exactly right as the market seems to have slowed down over the last year. We live in Bardsey, and we need to get a move on with redecorating our house - we are planning to put it on the market in October, assuming it will take six months to sell. Bit worrying if it's likely the visa will come through sooner than 12 months as we're working on going in July next year. Oh well, what will be, will be! Just got to be pragmatic about th ewhole thing, I guess.

Nicky
Old Apr 12th 2005, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Hi there everyone from a couple of newbies !

We're wondering if there are any others out there who have either already lodged an application, or are preparing to lodge an application, under Skilled-Australian Sponsered (Class BQ, Subclass 138.)

My better half and I are in the process of preparing our application to lodge by end of this month, and we're hoping to settle in Sydney where we have family. Dave's skills have been successfully approved for one of the categories listed on the SSASSL (Sydney and Selected Area Skilled Shortage List).

It seems the application process can be an emotional rollercoaster, so we'd love to hear from any other members who have gone, are going, or are about to go through, the same process as we are! It would be great to hear about others experiences, and to share the ups and downs with people who can relate to what you are going through.

Or please drop a line to say hallo, irrespective of whether you're applying under the same category as us or not.

Take Care,

Dave and Nicky

Hi Dave and Nicky

I have also applied under the same class as yourselves and am hoping to move to Sydney next January in time for the kids to start a new school year. You can see my timeline below, just wating for med requests now and have booked them for 20th May (in the hope that request comes somewhere about then). Let me know how you get on.

Debs
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura aboutNikkiGriff has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by debilloyd
Hi Dave and Nicky

I have also applied under the same class as yourselves and am hoping to move to Sydney next January in time for the kids to start a new school year. You can see my timeline below, just wating for med requests now and have booked them for 20th May (in the hope that request comes somewhere about then). Let me know how you get on.

Debs
Hi Debs

I am next to you on the timeline - NikkiGriff. We applied on the same day 14th March so it is nice to have someone to compare with. We are hopefully moving to Perth the other side from you. I think we will book our meds for the end of May hoping the same that we will of heard something by then.

Nikki

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.