Thinking of moving to Oz

Old Apr 5th 2010, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

hamishette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to Oz

Hi

I am new to this website, so please be gentle on me!!! MY husband and myself are thinking of moving to Australia looking more think Western Australia. My Husband is a Mental Health Nurse and we new Australia are looking for Nurses We are wanting a better life for us and our kids and better prospects for our kids who are aged 7, 4 and 1.

Just looking to see what people think of whether it is a good idea or not, and how big a change it will be. Also looking to find out about things such as Health Care, Education, Renting, Cost of living, getting things on credit etc.

Look forward to hearing from you all.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 11:19 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Oz

Is it a good idea or not?

Are you really going to take advice on a life-changing decision from an online forum with people whose values and priorities may be totally different from yours?

You say a "better life" but you perhaps should think through what exactly that means. Australia is definitely the right option for many people and has a lot to offer, but at the same time many people migrate who shouldn't ... and end up miserable or facing the expense of a reverse migration back home.
Old Apr 6th 2010, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

lucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nicelucierainbow is just really nice
Default Re: Thinking of moving to Oz

Wow
It is a loaded question and i'm afraid you won't get a straight answer here......or actually anywhere cos people's decision to move over to Oz are so very personal and all so VERY different. Only YOU and your family can decide whether it is a good or bad thing to do.

You can start by having a look at all the different posts on this website. People don't pull punches. The visa process for most is an utter nightmare for others they sail through. It's all VERY hard work but if you want to go enough and you are eligible it will happen.....I think.

DIAC's website will give you details and exactly what you need to be ELIGIBLE.

Australia is amazing but the place will get you jumping through hoops. It does have its problems just as the UK. Migrating for most people is the hardest thing they will ever do....but the best.

Go in with your eye's wide open.

You might be best starting off with a book to give you a broad outline on the basics (i.e. Medicare, Credit, education)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Worki...0568867&sr=8-3
Originally Posted by hamishette

However for opinions on these things...your in the right place. Good luck with your research.

Lucie

I am new to this website, so please be gentle on me!!! MY husband and myself are thinking of moving to Australia looking more think Western Australia. My Husband is a Mental Health Nurse and we new Australia are looking for Nurses We are wanting a better life for us and our kids and better prospects for our kids who are aged 7, 4 and 1.

Just looking to see what people think of whether it is a good idea or not, and how big a change it will be. Also looking to find out about things such as Health Care, Education, Renting, Cost of living, getting things on credit etc.

Look forward to hearing from you all.