thinking australia

Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

markthespark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default thinking australia

Hi everyone new to the forum and first post so apologies in advance if this is going over old ground with most of you!

My wife and i have decided to try to emigrate to Australia, i'm a JIB approved electrician so we are going to be applying for the 175 skilled migration visa and we recently attended a meeting with a company called 'thinking australia'

They seemed knowledgeable about the whole process and explained the costs and time frames, including the fact that a lot of 175 visas are currently taking longer than they were and that we might be better switching to a state sponsored application.

Was wondering if anyone on here had used them/are using them for the same thing and could let us know there thoughts before we part with a decent sum of cash to start the process

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: thinking australia

Hi Markthespark

Welcome to the forum. We are also in the process of immigrating. My OH (other half) is an Electrician and we are just waiting for our visa now.

We did not use an agent and whilst our ride has not been straight forward., we have managed to get this far on our own.

I guess just wanted to let you know that you can quite easily achieve this on your own if you are that way inclined. It is quite a straight forward process and unless you have a difficult case maybe you could consider doing it yourselves? This forum will no doubt have answers to most questions you would ask.

175's for electricians are on hold for the moment as they don't fall into priority 1 or 2 for processing. As a result our 175 application is in the process of being converted to a State Sponsored 176.

There is a lot of paperwork, waiting and grey hair to come (think this is true even if you don't have an agent ) but I wish you good luck for your journey.

By the way there is the Electrician forum a little bit further down under "working abroad".

As an electrician you would need to be assessed by Vetassess and undergo a practical. The electrician forum if full of the things you have to do in that practical.

Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:09 pm
bring on the sun please

crazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant future

Hi markthespark

welcome to the forum I am sure you will find all the answers to your questions here, there are plenty of knowledgable people on here some who, have already emmigrated and some in the process. Good luck with your application.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

markthespark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Hi Markthespark

Welcome to the forum. We are also in the process of immigrating. My OH (other half) is an Electrician and we are just waiting for our visa now.

We did not use an agent and whilst our ride has not been straight forward., we have managed to get this far on our own.

I guess just wanted to let you know that you can quite easily achieve this on your own if you are that way inclined. It is quite a straight forward process and unless you have a difficult case maybe you could consider doing it yourselves? This forum will no doubt have answers to most questions you would ask.

175's for electricians are on hold for the moment as they don't fall into priority 1 or 2 for processing. As a result our 175 application is in the process of being converted to a State Sponsored 176.

There is a lot of paperwork, waiting and grey hair to come (think this is true even if you don't have an agent ) but I wish you good luck for your journey.

By the way there is the Electrician forum a little bit further down under "working abroad".

As an electrician you would need to be assessed by Vetassess and undergo a practical. The electrician forum if full of the things you have to do in that practical.

cheers for that may well look into doing it ourselves then as the agent fees are £1850. Not sure what others have paid but it does seem quite expensive?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:08 pm
bring on the sun please

crazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant future

If you have a straight forward case it seems easy enough to complete it yourself. But for ourselves we have some medical issues so we will probably continue to use an agent. Good luck
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

pomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of lightpomerz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crazynconfused
If you have a straight forward case it seems easy enough to complete it yourself. But for ourselves we have some medical issues so we will probably continue to use an agent. Good luck
Hi Guys
We used an agent fortunately as we had complications, without them we wouldnt have had the golden ticket (visa in the passport) so for us it was money well spent

Be Lucky

M@
Old Jul 20th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

My Advice..in case you plan to go on your own. Keep some time aside to read thru the documents related to your visa type-175.

Get you documents organized. Read thru again to make sure you are providing what they require. In case you are confused...refer to BExpats and lodge a question(PLE) to immi before you lodge the application.

and like all said..incase you are a simple straight forward case..no need to get an agent...make sure you get ready for loads of anxiey, patience and panic attacks..its all worth in the end.. Good Luck
Old Jul 21st 2009, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Angelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really niceAngelica666 is just really nice

Hi
We are using thinking Australia, not come acrosss any problems, we applyed last year and got as far as a case officer and then I got cold feet and withdrew the application (THE BIGGIST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE) they tried to explain that this far in the application its not unusual to become unsure but I wouldnt listen, and now re-applying with them, there Very friendly and down to earth.
Angelica x
Old Jul 27th 2009, 11:16 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Yes we are with thinking australia, have been good so far, still long way to go... I'm an electrician and the one thing I can say about the visa process that there doesn't appear to be any light at the end of the tunnel.....anyone got a torch
Old Jul 27th 2009, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

gilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markthespark
Hi everyone new to the forum and first post so apologies in advance if this is going over old ground with most of you!

My wife and i have decided to try to emigrate to Australia, i'm a JIB approved electrician so we are going to be applying for the 175 skilled migration visa and we recently attended a meeting with a company called 'thinking australia'

They seemed knowledgeable about the whole process and explained the costs and time frames, including the fact that a lot of 175 visas are currently taking longer than they were and that we might be better switching to a state sponsored application.

Was wondering if anyone on here had used them/are using them for the same thing and could let us know there thoughts before we part with a decent sum of cash to start the process

Hi we are using thinking australia too and they seem good. Hubby is a joiner and failed the trade assessment on one question and had to repeat which took 20 minutes and a cost of £400 (I just don't know how they can justify that) but he passed and thinking australia have been great throughout our little setback. We decided to go with them as we didn't want to make any mistakes and have to start the process again. The company advised us to go SS too.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 9:05 pm
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Mark,

I asked the very same questions when I started my application last month. Everybody is different, but I wanted the comfort of having an agent if something went wrong. After a lot of searching, comparing agents, obtaining quotes and getting some great help on here, I decided to appoint Go Matilda. Their fees are just over £1500+VAT for assistance with the whole process and so far they have been great. Quick to action things too. One of the good things with them is they have offices in both the UK and Oz. So I can speak to someone on UK time if I get stuck and on the Australian side, they can deal with my application on Oz time. Best of both worlds!

My case is likely to be a bit more complicated too, so I wanted to make sure I had help at hand if I needed. If yours is a straight forward application, you might choose to do it yourself?

Hope this helps and good luck.

Welcome to the forum by the way

Originally Posted by markthespark

Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:40 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gilly1020
Hi we are using thinking australia too and they seem good. Hubby is a joiner and failed the trade assessment on one question and had to repeat which took 20 minutes and a cost of £400 (I just don't know how they can justify that) but he passed and thinking australia have been great throughout our little setback. We decided to go with them as we didn't want to make any mistakes and have to start the process again. The company advised us to go SS too.
Yes I failed on one question and had the pleasure of paying £400 for the 20 minutes the joy I know what i would of rather done with the £400 for 20 minutes of joy. At least I passed this time. We are going down the SS route. It appears the options are diminshing.