Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

they have requre IELTS from my wife, plz guide me

they have requre IELTS from my wife, plz guide me

Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Haansi is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile they have requre IELTS from my wife, plz guide me

I am main applicant and deparment has required IELTS from my wife (who is secondry applicant). It is something that has happended after a silance of some months. Kindly guide by replying my these questions. I will very thankful for your precious time and help.

Q1. Requiring IELTS from her, does it mean that decision of my application has been made ? can I say my case is poisitvly dcided or not yet ?

Q2. For secondry applicant do we need to provide 4.5 bank over all or there is some individual modules requirment ?

Q3. IELTS acadamic vs IELTS general which one is easy to get required bands ?

Q4. Can she choose IELTS acadamic or general ? Or she must go through general ?

Q5. If we decided for her to take English classes, will we have to pay fee now or we can pay it after reaching Australia ?

Thanks alot for your precious time and valuable guidline.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:11 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: they have requre IELTS from my wife, plz guide me

Originally Posted by Haansi
I am main applicant and deparment has required IELTS from my wife (who is secondry applicant). It is something that has happended after a silance of some months. Kindly guide by replying my these questions. I will very thankful for your precious time and help.

Q1. Requiring IELTS from her, does it mean that decision of my application has been made ? can I say my case is poisitvly dcided or not yet ?

Q2. For secondry applicant do we need to provide 4.5 bank over all or there is some individual modules requirment ?

Q5. If we decided for her to take English classes, will we have to pay fee now or we can pay it after reaching Australia ?

1 - i don't think so because i don't know ur timelines.
2 - 4.5 overall.
3, 4 - u are main applicant and u have provided them IELTS already, asking this question which one is easy or difficult is not more than a joke..
5 - You will be asked to pay just before the final grant letter.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:34 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

4. She can appear for any. General is easier. The modules reading and writing are perceived to be slightly easier in General test.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:13 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No. It means that your wife needs to do IELTS. Nothing more, nothing less.

She needs an overall 4.5. However, since English is the main language in Australia it would serve your wife well to know how to communicate in English. Encouraging her to learn the language is probably one of the best things you can do for her.
What do you think? Academic obviously is for academics. Is your wife an English academic?
She can choose either. However, unless she is fluent in English she would do much better in the general test.
You would have to pay the second VAC before a visa would be granted. Your wife would then be eligible for English classes here in Australia
A lot. They are two words, not one.
Originally Posted by shafaqat309
1 - i don't think so because i don't know ur timelines.
Even if you did you wouldn't be able to tell him. His timeline has nothing to do with anything!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

CB x0x is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Dorothy;9125894]A lot. They are two words, not one.

FFS
Attached Thumbnails they have requre IELTS from my wife, plz guide me-internet-warrior.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:36 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=CB x0x;9125962]
Originally Posted by Dorothy

FFS
LOL
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:41 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=CB x0x;9125962]
Originally Posted by Dorothy

FFS
If someone is going to learn to communicate in a language they need to learn to communicate correctly.

And yes, it is easy to be a 6'4" Olympic powerlifter and streetfighting God from both behind the computer keyboard and in person.