Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is there someone who is waiting more then 6 months for STNI visa?

Is there someone who is waiting more then 6 months for STNI visa?

Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Greg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant future
Default Is there someone who is waiting more then 6 months for STNI visa?

Today is 6 and half months since I applied and still waiting final decision.
I would like to share all experiences with people around the world.
Thanks to all,
Greg
Old Feb 27th 2006, 2:50 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there someone who is waiting more then 6 months for STNI visa?

Originally Posted by Greg&Zoka
Thanks to all,
Greg

Which state have you applied for?

We will apply for WA and if I have to wait 6 months for WA to get back with a decision, I shall eat my own legs.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

sonee is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all,
Greg
I know how you feel , coz we are in the same boat as u!! STNI - VIC - acknowledgement july 27 2005. Did all the PCC & Medical. Now just sitting on our bottoms and waiting. Its really unbelievable. Sad to say - but certain groups get preference than others. Well thats the way it goes. Good news is - we might just move on and forget about Australia. Cant put our lives on hold "forever". We'll see.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 4:00 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonee
I know how you feel , coz we are in the same boat as u!! STNI - VIC - acknowledgement july 27 2005. Did all the PCC & Medical. Now just sitting on our bottoms and waiting. Its really unbelievable. Sad to say - but certain groups get preference than others. Well thats the way it goes. Good news is - we might just move on and forget about Australia. Cant put our lives on hold "forever". We'll see.

YOUR KIDDING!!! I am soo peed off! We are also STNI VIC and I recieved acknowledgement on 11th Jan, we were told 4-5 months on our acknowledgement letter, how about you?

If we are still waiting after May I will be very very annoyed, we have also sent in meds and everything needed......we have been told regional 3, whatever that means......

laura
Old Feb 28th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

Greg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant futureGreg&Zoka has a brilliant future

Dear People,

From the very beginning I also believed that I could not wait more then 4-5 months.
But that is the matter of luck and the time when you apply.
It depends on CO and region and the country from where you are!
Sometime people get their visas for a three months, sometime for 7-8 months.
We just should be patienced as My CO always told me "your patience will be appreciated" and " We will contact you as soon as we have news".
As I saw on the austimeline they are finishing almost all applicants from July
and I hope that they will continue with August.
Based on other information and new table for processing times I think that our kind of visa (STNI) will become the most common for further applicants.
They probably want to arrange people to all states around the Australia.
I applied for SA(Adelaide) and according to examination this city is third in the world in its category for living,doing business etc....
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:13 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Our STNI WA has been lodged, they have acknowledged they have received it and have said we should get a written confirmation of their decision within 3 weeks.

Wish us luck.

(biting nails very hard)
Old Feb 28th 2006, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Our STNI WA has been lodged, they have acknowledged they have received it and have said we should get a written confirmation of their decision within 3 weeks.

Wish us luck.

(biting nails very hard)

Yes that won't take longer then three weeks.
I've got mine for 5 days.
It is about SA but I also have seen that WA does very fast their sponsorships.
I wish you luck.
Greg
Old Feb 28th 2006, 9:06 am

Yes that won't take longer then three weeks.
I've got mine for 5 days.
It is about SA but I also have seen that WA does very fast their sponsorships.
I wish you luck.
Greg

Its nerveracking though isnt it?

I have heard WA is fast in response as well.

I hope we get it, they said they have received all the info that they need, so I just hope they think my husband fits the bill so to speak.

Five days, wow that was quick. So are you still waiting to hear from DIMA then?

I have heard STNI is processed faster than skilled ind. but I am not sure how true that is.

Oh well, nothing I can do now.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Its nerveracking though isnt it?

I have heard WA is fast in response as well.

I hope we get it, they said they have received all the info that they need, so I just hope they think my husband fits the bill so to speak.

Five days, wow that was quick. So are you still waiting to hear from DIMA then?

I have heard STNI is processed faster than skilled ind. but I am not sure how true that is.

Oh well, nothing I can do now.
Do not worry if they said that than everything should be ok!
Yes DIMIA has not answered me yet but I am getting much power everyday!
Nothing cannot stop me to believe in success!
Greg
Old Feb 28th 2006, 12:38 pm

Do not worry if they said that than everything should be ok!
Yes DIMIA has not answered me yet but I am getting much power everyday!
Nothing cannot stop me to believe in success!
Greg

I thought or assumed that would be the bog standard reply they give to people.

Oh well.

Our application has gone into DIMA as well, they got it last week.

We havent booked PCC or meds yet as hubbys character check may take a while as hes foreign.

Ill just do it as and when George advises me to, he knows what is what and when to do things.

Someone said that SNTI is processed quicker than a skilled visa, dont know if it is.
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

zermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud ofzermanedz has much to be proud of

I thought or assumed that would be the bog standard reply they give to people.

Oh well.

Our application has gone into DIMA as well, they got it last week.

We havent booked PCC or meds yet as hubbys character check may take a while as hes foreign.

Ill just do it as and when George advises me to, he knows what is what and when to do things.

Someone said that SNTI is processed quicker than a skilled visa, dont know if it is.
Hi pp, Just a suggestion if it was me in hindsight I would put the british pcc's and med in now and get the ball rolling on the foreign one so that when they get to that, if they do ask, it should be ready in time. As there is a chance they may not even need it. i regret not putting meds in and waiting and waiting for bit of info that may not have even needed. Now we are 5 mths had CO 2 mths and nothing. We lost the momentum and are sidelined (well that is how I feel anyway).

Good luck, I really hope you get it!!!! Also re job offers etc how about going on holiday there and victoria and start bugging people for a job, i know it is expensive but you only live once!
Old Feb 28th 2006, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by zermanedz
Hi pp, Just a suggestion if it was me in hindsight I would put the british pcc's and med in now and get the ball rolling on the foreign one so that when they get to that, if they do ask, it should be ready in time. As there is a chance they may not even need it. i regret not putting meds in and waiting and waiting for bit of info that may not have even needed. Now we are 5 mths had CO 2 mths and nothing. We lost the momentum and are sidelined (well that is how I feel anyway).

Good luck, I really hope you get it!!!! Also re job offers etc how about going on holiday there and victoria and start bugging people for a job, i know it is expensive but you only live once!

Trouble is, foreign police checks are done by Aussie immigration. Ive submitted a foreing police check from my husbands country even though hes lived here for years and doesnt technically need one.

George Lombard advised against applying for our PCC now because the character check can take ages and its something we have no control over.

I shall see what happens.

We will stick with WA I think. Anyway, we will get our answer in 3 weeks.

Im keeping my fingers crossed. Ive done loads of research on Perth anyway, housing, jobs etc.

We will give anywhere a 'fair go' as long as we are given a fair go with visa.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 4:55 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

So did you all get the same acknowledgement letter saying 4-5 months then? Is this just standard or are they individual estimations???