Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is There a Balance of family category for NZ

Is There a Balance of family category for NZ

Old Jul 18th 2003, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

KazB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is There a Balance of family category for NZ

Hi Everyone,

Can you help me with this question??

Is there a balance of family category for New Zealand, both my parents and my fathers Uncle and Aunt are NZ Citizens. I have only 1 Sister here, and wish to take my partner and our three children to NZ. Parents willing to sponsor and provide accomodation for us.

Any advice??

TIA

Karen
Old Jul 18th 2003, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

N.Finn Fan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Qota Lottery

There certainly is a system available for this. New Zealand as part of their immigration system run a quota scheme for people with family ties. You have to register your personal interest, stating all documentation, showing proof of your genuine association with a New Zealand citizen. You must meet all basic requirements and have a job offer. The quota number fluctuates each year. It is run in a similar way to the "American Green Card Lottery". Unforturnatly I think the draw occured in May, so I think you will have to apply next year, if using this method. Check NZIS website for more detail, good luck. All applicants are selected at random, hope you get lucky!!
Old Jul 18th 2003, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Family Qota Lottery

.........but you don't need the job offer.