Is There Anything Happening??

Old Oct 27th 2004, 1:35 pm
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road
Default Is There Anything Happening??

To be honest it really seems that DIMIA have just ground to a complete & utter halt with the processing of Visas?

Why is this? well the post-July system certainly never helped, i reckon that just confused matter's.

The whole thing just seems to be a total & utter mess and with Crimbo fast approaching i reckon we can all write off another month at least.

This is only a personal opinion, but Pre July on the MODL, at least another 1-2 Months before you hear anything.

Pre July not on the MODL, 3-4-5 Months, and with application after application still piling in, it's only going to get worse.

The whole system is a damn disgrace.

Last edited by TOADFISH; Oct 27th 2004 at 1:50 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:59 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Is There Anything Happening??

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
To be honest it really seems that DIMIA have just ground to a complete & utter halt with the processing of Visas?

Why is this? well the post-July system certainly never helped, i reckon that just confused matter's.

The whole thing just seems to be a total & utter mess and with Crimbo fast approaching i reckon we can all write off another month at least.

This is only a personal opinion, but Pre July on the MODL, at least another 1-2 Months before you hear anything.

Pre July not on the MODL, 3-4-5 Months, and with application after application still piling in, it's only going to get worse.

Hear hear...! Couldnt aggree more with you...sick to the back teeth with the lot of it...sick to the back teeth of post julys moaning about waiting...they havent got a clue....
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Sorry..I am just moaning about a compant who seems to have lost some damn papework!!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:32 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peppi
Hear hear...! Couldnt aggree more with you...sick to the back teeth with the lot of it...sick to the back teeth of post julys moaning about waiting...they havent got a clue....

Cheer's Peppi, could not agree more, while this may sound harsh, why should someone who applied in July get there Visa before me (DIMIA'S FAULT, NOT THE APPLICANTS) when i applied in April?

DIMIA made a mistake with this pre-post July carry on, and no matter how you look at the first priority should be clearing the backlog.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:44 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Sorry..I am just moaning about a compant who seems to have lost some damn papework!!
Don't take it personal its just the frustration.

Guys remember its not the post july applicants mistake. They are also in the same boat as we are only in the front.

They also go through the stress and decision making so lets not vent our frustration on them.

Cheers
Badri
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:13 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by badri
Don't take it personal its just the frustration.

Guys remember its not the post july applicants mistake. They are also in the same boat as we are only in the front.

They also go through the stress and decision making so lets not vent our frustration on them.

Cheers
Badri
As i said Badri, i am well aware it is not the fault of post july applicants, DIMIA are the only one's to blame for this mess.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

alamo is an unknown quantity at this point

DIMIA made a mistake with this pre-post July carry on, and no matter how you look at the first priority should be clearing the backlog.[/QUOTE]

I feel that not enough was done before 30/06/04. DIMIA knew the system was about to change and they were keen to test the timeframe of it from 01/07/04.

However they also knew the timeframe for the pre-july cases. In my opinion they should have been busting a gut to get as many applications processed as possible BEFORE they changed system.

Its obvious they require extra resources or pre-july backlog will never go down. I know that some were allocated but that was only after Galilite sent the emails. Too little too late. More has to be done.

Alamo.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi,

I guess its easy for me to say this as I hope to be near visa grant, but surely all of our times will come. We have all had our own frustrations throughout this process and no doubt some will have more than others, but on the positive side I dont recall seeing many negative posts on this site (ie rejection).

Hope I haven't sealed my fate there!!

And if any of you were confused by my earlier post, I was referencing th fact that one of the courier companies seems to have lost some paperwork that DIMIA sent to me. Not good at all I can assure you!

Goos Luck to one and all

SS
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:24 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

The person ultimately responsible is the Minister. Why don't you send her an email or a fax:
http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/contact/index.htm

I have had my say through the Migration Institute of Australia (see my posting here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=262593&page=2) ...

Best regards.

Originally Posted by alamo
DIMIA made a mistake with this pre-post July carry on, and no matter how you look at the first priority should be clearing the backlog.

I feel that not enough was done before 30/06/04. DIMIA knew the system was about to change and they were keen to test the timeframe of it from 01/07/04.

However they also knew the timeframe for the pre-july cases. In my opinion they should have been busting a gut to get as many applications processed as possible BEFORE they changed system.

Its obvious they require extra resources or pre-july backlog will never go down. I know that some were allocated but that was only after Galilite sent the emails. Too little too late. More has to be done.

Alamo.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:29 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
The person ultimately responsible is the Minister. Why don't you send her an email or a fax:

I have had my say through the Migration Institute of Australia (see my posting here:

Best regards.
Thanks for the person responsibles email Alan...I may just use it....
Old Oct 28th 2004, 7:27 am

Best regards.

Alan, tahnkyou very much for your reply's. After sleeping on it i have decided to give DIMIA until mid november as stated on the Directors letter. After that the gloves are coming off.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 8:23 am
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road

Best regards.
Cheers Alan,

Advice as always much appreciated, a lot of hard thinking to be done.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:43 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi All,

I am starting to realize how vulnerable we are during this emotional rollercoaster of immigration.

I agree with Alan, things could be worse. I have been through one of those some years ago when I adopted the dutch citizenship.

Anyway, after sleeping over I think we should give DIMIA time to get things in place. We can't be angry on agents or case officers. That's not going to help anyone.

Remember, they can make a singel statement saying all have to wait for six to eight months till things are organized.
So let's be patient and get through this process

Cheers
Badri
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All,

I am starting to realize how vulnerable we are during this emotional rollercoaster of immigration.

I agree with Alan, things could be worse. I have been through one of those some years ago when I adopted the dutch citizenship.

Anyway, after sleeping over I think we should give DIMIA time to get things in place. We can't be angry on agents or case officers. That's not going to help anyone.

Remember, they can make a singel statement saying all have to wait for six to eight months till things are organized.
So let's be patient and get through this process

Cheers
Badri

We aint got any choice really, other than LEARN the art of patience!!

Donna.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TOADFISH

At last we have some good news. Pre July, non-MODL applicant, March 04. We had notification that our AOS bond was to be lodged at Centrelink. No interview for the assurer just lodged the bond and handed the certificate back to Centrelink-just like that! Can't quite believe it, after all the worry regarding Centrelink processing etc! Guess we're back to waiting but hey-it's cheered me up no end, and I can only guess how good it feels to gettthe visa-cos this feels amazing and we have a little way to go yet! Hold on everyone we're all on our way now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.