Temporary residents transition

Old Jan 7th 2014, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

MattandCaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temporary residents transition

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has been through the temp residents transition yet?

Is it a good idea to get all documents together before the application goes in, can we use the documents from the 457 application or do they have to be fresh? Or do we do the application and wait for DIAC to ask us for documents?

Thanks
Old Jan 7th 2014, 6:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temporary residents transition

Originally Posted by MattandCaz
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has been through the temp residents transition yet?

Is it a good idea to get all documents together before the application goes in, can we use the documents from the 457 application or do they have to be fresh? Or do we do the application and wait for DIAC to ask us for documents?

Thanks
What transition? Are you applying for a PR visa?
Old Jan 7th 2014, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Sorry yes it's the Employer nominated 186, temporary residence transition scheme.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you are asking, your documents are your documents surely? My birth certificate is the same document as it was two years ago for example.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Ok so what I'm asking is can we re use our certified copies of documents on file from our 457 application 2.5 years ago or do we have to get those documents certified again ie birth certificates (obviously the same) to submit the ENS 186 application.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 8:37 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so what I'm asking is can we re use our certified copies of documents on file from our 457 application 2.5 years ago or do we have to get those documents certified again ie birth certificates (obviously the same) to submit the ENS 186 application.
I think you can upload scanned colour copies of originals without needing them certified but if you still have the original certified copies I guess you can use those - are you using an agent?
Old Jan 7th 2014, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to get documents certified for an online application anyway. So as I say, your birth certificate is your birth certificate, you can re-upload the same file if you still have it, otherwise scan it again.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think you can upload scanned colour copies of originals without needing them certified but if you still have the original certified copies I guess you can use those - are you using an agent?
Ahh ok thanks sparkles no we're not using an agent and neither are my employers, we got through the 457 application easy enough so hoping the same for the 186.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You don't need to get documents certified for an online application anyway. So as I say, your birth certificate is your birth certificate, you can re-upload the same file if you still have it, otherwise scan it again.
I didn't realise that as all our documents were certified for the 457 and that was an online application...
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

We put a lot of the same documents that we used for the 457 visa application when we submitted for the 186 application in September. That said, CV's had to be updated (including a CV for me as the secondary applicant), and we needed to provide the police/medical checks that we hadnt had to provide last time along with previous addresses and overseas trips (for around 10 years).

We were through my husband's company agent for our submission though so not sure how much information we provided was for them to ensure that they had all the information and then some against what was actually used as there was a substantial increase in documents and information required for the 186 application.

Last edited by Bikergirl; Jan 7th 2014 at 9:19 am. Reason: forgot to finish a sentence
Old Jan 7th 2014, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
We put a lot of the same documents that we used for the 457 visa application when we submitted for the 186 application in September. That said, CV's had to be updated (including a CV for me as the secondary applicant), and we needed to provide the police/medical checks that we hadnt had to provide last time along with previous addresses and overseas trips (for around 10 years).

We were through my husband's company agent for our submission though so not sure how much information we provided was for them to ensure that they had all the information and then some against what was actually used as there was a substantial increase in documents and information required for the 186 application.
Thanks Bikergirl for that info, what was the timeframe from applying to approval?
Old Jan 7th 2014, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Every case is different and we submitted a decision ready application. Went in 1st week September, approved 13 November.

Decision ready included all our police and medicals certificates etc. I don't know what it included on the employer side as we used an agent. Company paid for their fees and the application fees. We just paid medical and police check costs.

It took us a few months to get everything together and sorted but we wanted the application to go in as soon as we hit two years so started early in working with the company putting everything together.
Old Jan 7th 2014, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I didn't realise that as all our documents were certified for the 457 and that was an online application...
Oh well, but there was no need to get them certified. Colour scanned copes are fine.
Old Jan 9th 2014, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

leapip is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the minimum time frame before you can apply for this visa? I'm also on a 457 visa and would like to apply ASAP . I've only been here 4wks.
Thanks
Old Jan 9th 2014, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leapip
What is the minimum time frame before you can apply for ththat's your preference"sa? I'm also on a 457 visa and would like to apply ASAP . I've only been here 4wks.
Thanks
There is no minimum timeframe that I am aware off, however less than two years requires a skills assessment I believe. We decided it was easier to wait our time whilst we started to collate information if required for skills assessment. Depending on work history please don't discount the impact of getting the required information from companies, especially those that have been taken over and changed hands and where you haven't kept in contact with previous colleagues or have worked on a contracting role.

If you pass the skills assessment what is stopping you applying independently if thats you preference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.