temp residency into PR

Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: temp residency into PR

Originally Posted by rancid
My PR came through today sent the paperwork in February 12th, the two years was up January 28th. So about 5.5 months to process me
Congratulations. Remember that you can count up to 3 years of your time on the temporary visa towards the 4 year requirement for citizenship.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
St George for me too......90%....no PR at the time.
I just rang St George and they said no way ,you are classed as a non resident buyer and need 20% deposit.Only way aroungf it is not to say anything about temp visa ,thats what the person said,so my next question is how did you do it,don't they ask you about it,and what about the firb or whatever it is,you know the lot that you have to get permission from before you can buy,
Cheers Lorri
Old Jul 20th 2007, 4:44 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
That's just crazy isn't it.
We put down $160,000 on our land, which is well over the proposed 20% deposit (in proportion to the cost of our house and land) and to be honest we are still going to find it tough until my salary increases sufficiently to cushion the blow of our mortgage.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by supersonic4
I just rang St George and they said no way ,you are classed as a non resident buyer and need 20% deposit.Only way aroungf it is not to say anything about temp visa
I would not expect many of the people answering the phone to understand the intricacies of the temporary spouse visa system.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
I would not expect many of the people answering the phone to understand the intricacies of the temporary spouse visa system.
I know but this was one of the people that deals with the loans,not just a phone answerer,So I don't know,will ring a couple more and speak to their loan people and see what they say.
Cheers Lorri
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

rancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant futurerancid has a brilliant future

Thanks JAJ, with the Prospective Marriage Visa taken into consideration, that would mean I could apply in approximately only one year from now!

As far as the mortgage goes, we explained the situation to them very carefully, and face to face. We told them, that it is not like other visas, and as long as our relationship continues there should have been nothing to stop me being permanent, it is just a matter of time and paperwork. I told them I was a resident and when they asked if that was a temporary resident, we said no, provisional. It had to be worded carefully but they agreed in the end. I must add that we did this before even looking at any houses, we didnt want to get our hopes up to find we couldnt get a loan.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

so my next question is how did you do it,don't they ask you about it,and what about the firb or whatever it is,you know the lot that you have to get permission from before you can buy,
Cheers Lorri
....through my broker / financial planner. I explained to him that I was provisional resident only and he seemed unconcerned....he then conducted all the dealings with St George....I never once spoke to anyone at the bank before the settlement on the property. Just signed on the dotted line.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

....through my broker / financial planner. I explained to him that I was provisional resident only and he seemed unconcerned....he then conducted all the dealings with St George....I never once spoke to anyone at the bank before the settlement on the property. Just signed on the dotted line.
Maybe thats the way to go,worth a try at least.I won't say that four letter word(temp) to anyone.
Thanks Lorri
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:48 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by rancid
Thanks JAJ, with the Prospective Marriage Visa taken into consideration, that would mean I could apply in approximately only one year from now!
Correct - time on that visa also counts. Any legal temporary residence will do, up to a maximum of 3 years (you still need 1 year as PR).
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:48 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe thats the way to go,worth a try at least.I won't say that four letter word(temp) to anyone.
Thanks Lorri
What does your visa label say? 'Temporary Resident' or 'Provisional Resident' as I believe there is a difference. The first means effectively that you are not on a path that will lead to PR whereas the other means I would say that you are in a process which if successful leads to PR.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

What does your visa label say? 'Temporary Resident' or 'Provisional Resident' as I believe there is a difference. The first means effectively that you are not on a path that will lead to PR whereas the other means I would say that you are in a process which if successful leads to PR.
Hi It says Provisional.I will ring and ask to see what they say,
Cheers Lorri