Temp Business Visa 457 Q

Old May 29th 2007, 10:31 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Temp Business Visa 457 Q

Is it possible to travel on an ETA and get a 457 once in the country? I have a potential job offer and trying to find out the quickest and easiest way possible of getting it tied up.
Old May 29th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Temp Business Visa 457 Q

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Is it possible to travel on an ETA and get a 457 once in the country? I have a potential job offer and trying to find out the quickest and easiest way possible of getting it tied up.
Yes, unless you extend ETA in Australia then will have No Further Stay condition if done on-line and may get the condition if done through a DIAC office.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old May 29th 2007, 3:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshtony
Yes, unless you extend ETA in Australia then will have No Further Stay condition if done on-line and may get the condition if done through a DIAC office.
Immigration can get upset if a person arrives as a tourist with a plan to stay longer.
Old May 29th 2007, 3:43 pm

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Immigration can get upset if a person arrives as a tourist with a plan to stay longer.
I know, that's why I wanted to check. I'm only coming over for a couple of weeks and hope to have a job offer sorted beforehand anyway, just wanted to see if it was possible if it came to it.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:27 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I know someone who entered on WHV and got 457 (don't know if he had to go offshore for evidnecing mind).

I would exercise caution though, do not upset the immigration authorities
Old May 30th 2007, 2:33 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

The longest part of the 457 (for us) was getting all the employers references together before putting in for the visa. If you can get these before travelling you'd save yourself a bit of time. Also, make sure you've got certified copies of all the documentary evidence that you'll need.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:11 am

Thanks Nerine,
Is the paperowrk side of things much shorter for the employee than if applying for a 138 for example? How long did it take you all in? I want to try and take as much of the burden off the firm I'm talking with so is there much I can do to assist them?
Old May 31st 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

margit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Thanks Nerine,
Is the paperowrk side of things much shorter for the employee than if applying for a 138 for example? How long did it take you all in? I want to try and take as much of the burden off the firm I'm talking with so is there much I can do to assist them?
sent you a pm