Wikiposts

Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:44 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Originally Posted by nbn8
Ive registered with Smart Teachers you just need to send your CV and they will email you with all available teaching positions.
I've registered with them too, but want to get this cv sorted, had it looking pretty good, my experience and in-service training all nicely fitted into a few wee tables then read somewhere tables shouldnt be used in case of loss of formatting when u send it....ARGHHHHHHHHH lol

What sorta length is ur cv, mine could be up to 4 pages long @ this rate....almost thinking thats too long!?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I take it too, as part of 175 applications, people have not only included job references, but a character reference too? Someone told me this had to be done but I cant quite find out what sort of things should be included in it....hmmmmmmm
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nbn8
Ive registered with Smart Teachers you just need to send your CV and they will email you with all available teaching positions.
Yeh i've registered with them - but obviously you cant do anything till you get your visa and you need state registration - I am right arent I!!!??
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:07 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
Yeh i've registered with them - but obviously you cant do anything till you get your visa and you need state registration - I am right arent I!!!??
Well, no, if you end up getting a job offer you can go out on a 457 visa, which doesn't take long to be issued, and then wait for your 175 visa to process and be approved while ur out there....or so I've heard....
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Well, no, if you end up getting a job offer you can go out on a 457 visa, which doesn't take long to be issued, and then wait for your 175 visa to process and be approved while ur out there....or so I've heard....
So does this happen - do I just then apply for jobs that i've seen with Smart teachers - shouldnt I then register with QLD teachers first - think i'll email them and find out!!
Emma
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:41 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

So does this happen - do I just then apply for jobs that i've seen with Smart teachers - shouldnt I then register with QLD teachers first - think i'll email them and find out!!
Emma
Yeah I'll prob register with them once I've sent off my visa app....as the registration is only valid for a year at a time...

A bloke on here got a job and is going over on the 457 visa until his other visa is issued....
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah I'll prob register with them once I've sent off my visa app....as the registration is only valid for a year at a time...

A bloke on here got a job and is going over on the 457 visa until his other visa is issued....
really - who was that? Wonder if he had the teaching reg before hand!! Anyhow i've just sent an email to Zoe at Smartteachers, hopefully she'll get back to me!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Emma
PS He had the visa issued to him in 4 days! Though he isn't going out until April as he has work commitments he needs to see through...
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I've registered with them too, but want to get this cv sorted, had it looking pretty good, my experience and in-service training all nicely fitted into a few wee tables then read somewhere tables shouldnt be used in case of loss of formatting when u send it....ARGHHHHHHHHH lol

What sorta length is ur cv, mine could be up to 4 pages long @ this rate....almost thinking thats too long!?
Hey Jenni
Should we critically analyse each others CV's - if you dont want to fair enough I understand - dont think mines dead short though - i'll check
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:49 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

really - who was that? Wonder if he had the teaching reg before hand!! Anyhow i've just sent an email to Zoe at Smartteachers, hopefully she'll get back to me!
I'll ask him to pop on and explain...his name's Paddy...
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Hey Jenni
Should we critically analyse each others CV's - if you dont want to fair enough I understand - dont think mines dead short though - i'll check
Yeah don't see a prob with it, tho as I said, mine's a work in progress, hope to finish it over half term tho...
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah don't see a prob with it, tho as I said, mine's a work in progress, hope to finish it over half term tho...
i'll PM you mine - what makes me laugh when you look at my CV is that i've not been able to register as a proper teacher - which I think I explained in a previous thread LOL!!! Anyhow see what you think, might give you some ideas and you can tell me if there something cr*p with mine - ta
Emma
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:56 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

i'll PM you mine - what makes me laugh when you look at my CV is that i've not been able to register as a proper teacher - which I think I explained in a previous thread LOL!!! Anyhow see what you think, might give you some ideas and you can tell me if there something cr*p with mine - ta
Emma
Okie dokies....I've a mountain of ironing to do, can I PM that to you in exchange for my critical analysis? lol go on, ye will ye will ye will lol
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Okie dokies....I've a mountain of ironing to do, can I PM that to you in exchange for my critical analysis? lol go on, ye will ye will ye will lol
Ironing - just stretch the creases out
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:41 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Hi Paddy - did you get the interview because you visited the school out there - are you already registered with the state of QLD?
I was originally asked to apply for a standard teaching post prior to my visit. After my visit and discussions with the headteacher it was decided that a different post would suit my skills.

I am now registered with Queensland. Only took them 1 week as I said I was in a rush.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.