Wikiposts

Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Originally Posted by Paddy_M
Felt the very same way when I applied. The assessment results came the day I left to go to Oz for the 6 week holiday...and I had already left when it arrived!! Had to wait until I got back to get the result. Awful.

Hope all goes well for you. Enjoy the process as much as possible.
Did you apply for a job from the UK and then did you visit for an Interview?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbn8
Jen

Once you get your TA back then its the visa app and I think it is just short of £1000. We are doing our visa etc independently - having done much research I figured we could do it ourselves and save some money for later. I dont know if Im missing something but getting the TA paperwork together hasnt been as hard as I had anticipated. Just hope Ive got everything. Have you gone through an agent?
No, I bought a book instead 'Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short or Long-term Visa' lol So far it's been quite useful, how much more than the £1000 would it cost for an agent to take over the process for us?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:44 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Felt the very same way when I applied. The assessment results came the day I left to go to Oz for the 6 week holiday...and I had already left when it arrived!! Had to wait until I got back to get the result. Awful.

Hope all goes well for you. Enjoy the process as much as possible.
Well Paddy, don't keep us in suspenders, what was your response from TA??!?!?!?!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
No, I bought a book instead 'Getting into Australia: The Complete Immigration Guide to Gaining a Short or Long-term Visa' lol So far it's been quite useful, how much more than the £1000 would it cost for an agent to take over the process for us?
Jen

I could be wrong but I think double perhaps more for an agent from what I had researched. I have just spent a large amount of time on the net and downloaded and printed more than a tree! So much information but this site is great to answer any questions.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:48 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen

Once you get your TA back then its the visa app and I think it is just short of £1000. We are doing our visa etc independently - having done much research I figured we could do it ourselves and save some money for later. I dont know if Im missing something but getting the TA paperwork together hasnt been as hard as I had anticipated. Just hope Ive got everything. Have you gone through an agent?
I just find it all a nightmare, at the peak of the property market I'd have had over 100k in equity, now, well, I'm lucky if I have any, so even if I do get issued a visa, I'll have to wait a while for the 'recession' to end in order to sell my house with a profit! TOTAL MARE! lol
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:50 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen

I could be wrong but I think double perhaps more for an agent from what I had researched. I have just spent a large amount of time on the net and downloaded and printed more than a tree! So much information but this site is great to answer any questions.
Think of your carbon footprint young lady! Tee hee.... A few months back there were interviews by someone in WA, down in Dublin, in order to almost 'bypass' the whole visa application, to be sponsored to teach in rural areas of WA. I decided against it, as I'd like a certain amount of 'freedom' in choosing where I want to go...
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:51 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen

Any websites in particular you found useful?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

I just find it all a nightmare, at the peak of the property market I'd have had over 100k in equity, now, well, I'm lucky if I have any, so even if I do get issued a visa, I'll have to wait a while for the 'recession' to end in order to sell my house with a profit! TOTAL MARE! lol
Nightmare. We managed to sell our house just over a year ago before the recession kicked in otherwise now I think we would have def been in negative equity. We have been renting for just about a year now - it has taken us this amount of time to def decide 100%. Although I should probably say its taken me OH has always been keen. I have close family nearby and it has taken me a while to decide that yes I could actually leave them behind. (watch this space on that one). Where are you in the UK?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Any websites in particular you found useful?
Having looked at gomatilda this site seems to be much easier to find your way around. As for jobs www.seek.com.au and www.smartteachers.com.au these will give you an idea of any possible jobs. I have registered with smart teachers and they do send me email alerts quite often which gives me a little assurance that jobs may be available. I also bought an excellent book called Living and Working in Australia by David Hampshire.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:55 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Nightmare. We managed to sell our house just over a year ago before the recession kicked in otherwise now I think we would have def been in negative equity. We have been renting for just about a year now - it has taken us this amount of time to def decide 100%. Although I should probably say its taken me OH has always been keen. I have close family nearby and it has taken me a while to decide that yes I could actually leave them behind. (watch this space on that one). Where are you in the UK?
Northern Ireland...I read somewhere, that once the visa is issued you have 5 years to use it before it 'expires' so all being well the housing market will pick back up before then lol
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Northern Ireland...I read somewhere, that once the visa is issued you have 5 years to use it before it 'expires' so all being well the housing market will pick back up before then lol
I thought you had to enter the Country to validate your visa within 12 months of having your medicals carried out. Dont take my word for it though - I think I have read it somewhere on here
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I thought you had to enter the Country to validate your visa within 12 months of having your medicals carried out. Dont take my word for it though - I think I have read it somewhere on here
Oh? Ack well if it came to it and I was lucky enough to be issued a visa I could rent in Oz til my house was worth something here once again lol
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

What sort of timescale do they talk about from the visa application being sent and a visa being issued?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:19 am
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Did you apply for a job from the UK and then did you visit for an Interview?
I just contacted a couple of schools to say I would be visiting the area and asked about possible vacancies...sent off my CV. They asked me to pop in when over. Had a good chat when there and looked around the school and chatted with staff.

I did a formal interview (via Skype which was interesting!!) once a position opened up and got the job.

All seemed to happen quite quickly really.

If you have a strong CV then you stand a good chance of landing a job.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:21 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I just contacted a couple of schools to say I would be visiting the area and asked about possible vacancies...sent off my CV. They asked me to pop in when over. Had a good chat when there and looked around the school and chatted with staff.

I did a formal interview (via Skype which was interesting!!) once a position opened up and got the job.

All seemed to happen quite quickly really.

If you have a strong CV then you stand a good chance of landing a job.
Are you over there working now then Paddy? Primary or Secondary? An interview over Skype, now that IS scary lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.