taking my dad to oz

Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default taking my dad to oz

hi all, ive been trawling thru old threads to see which would be the best visa to get my dad over. he is 60 yrs old in good health. he drives hgv's for a living.there is only my sister left in the uk and his 3 brothers.
is the subclass 103 the best and cheapest, but may take the longest.we are on a 136 visa and are due to go out shortly.
any advice would be good , just to keep victor meldrew quiet

cheers tony
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:33 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: taking my dad to oz

Originally Posted by tony s
hi all, ive been trawling thru old threads to see which would be the best visa to get my dad over. he is 60 yrs old in good health. he drives hgv's for a living.there is only my sister left in the uk and his 3 brothers.
is the subclass 103 the best and cheapest, but may take the longest.we are on a 136 visa and are due to go out shortly.
any advice would be good , just to keep victor meldrew quiet

cheers tony
Hi

As a good early reference point can I suggest you check out here: www.immi.gov.au - specifically the section on Parent Migration. This really is essential reading as is the relevant info on the Centrelink site regarding fees etc.

Visa class 103 is certainly the cheapest but has a current wait of over 10 years. The Contributory Parent Visa wait is much shorter - currently around 15 months-ish but its high cost has to be borne in mind for most people. There is a (long!) CPV thread in this forum which has some useful info for you also.

Hope that helps for starters?

Jim
Old Jul 19th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Default Re: taking my dad to oz

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

As a good early reference point can I suggest you check out here: www.immi.gov.au - specifically the section on Parent Migration. This really is essential reading as is the relevant info on the Centrelink site regarding fees etc.

Visa class 103 is certainly the cheapest but has a current wait of over 10 years. The Contributory Parent Visa wait is much shorter - currently around 15 months-ish but its high cost has to be borne in mind for most people. There is a (long!) CPV thread in this forum which has some useful info for you also.

Hope that helps for starters?

Jim
thanks for that jim, will check that out