Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Suggestions Regarding Immigration to Australia

Suggestions Regarding Immigration to Australia

Old Dec 26th 2013, 6:13 am
Just Joined

jimmy0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suggestions Regarding Immigration to Australia

Hello to all,

Currently, I have a positive skill assessment from ACS as "Developer Programmer" with my degree equivalent to australian associate degree with a major in computing.
I have a score of 6 each in IELTS. (i.e. L=6.5, R=6.5, S=6, W=6)

Can i apply for EOI ?
Any suggestions regarding immigration or state sponsorship ?

I would appreciate your comments regarding how to proceed for immigration.

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Jimmy
Old Dec 26th 2013, 7:36 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suggestions Regarding Immigration to Australia

Originally Posted by jimmy0
Hello to all,

Currently, I have a positive skill assessment from ACS as "Developer Programmer" with my degree equivalent to australian associate degree with a major in computing.

Can i apply for EOI ?

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Jimmy
If you meet the criteria, you could submit an EoI. Bear in mind that you won't receive any points for your English language scores though, so you should ensure that you have enough points to meet the criteria for invitation.
Old Dec 27th 2013, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

Hello to all,

Can i apply for EOI ?

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Jimmy
You would need to accrue 60 points. Have you looked at http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/1...#tab-content-3 (the Points test tab specifically) to see how many points you currently score? As you are probably aware, achieving at least 8 in each section of the General IELTS test (Superior English) nets 20 points, which is a relatively easy way of upping your score. However you may be in a position where these extra points are not required.
Old Jan 8th 2014, 1:36 am
Just Joined

Hello,
Thanks for the replies
I followed the link and found very useful information.

Could you please advise if i can apply for Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) ?

The reason of asking the above question is because:

Currently, i am on a student visa and I have a two years diploma in Information Technology from a college in Sydney but my assessment was done on the basis of overseas qualification.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Jimmy
Old Jan 8th 2014, 2:02 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Thanks for the replies
I followed the link and found very useful information.

Could you please advise if i can apply for Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) ?

The reason of asking the above question is because:

Currently, i am on a student visa and I have a two years diploma in Information Technology from a college in Sydney but my assessment was done on the basis of overseas qualification.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Jimmy
Do you meet the criteria? - http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/485.aspx
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:43 am
Just Joined

Based on my assessment after reading all the information, i think they have the following two streams :

1) Graduate Work Stream
2) Post Study Work Stream

I am meeting the criteria of one of them (i.e. "Graduate Work Stream")

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
Regards,
Jimmy
Old Jan 8th 2014, 3:54 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Based on my assessment after reading all the information, i think they have the following two streams :

1) Graduate Work Stream
2) Post Study Work Stream

I am meeting the criteria of one of them (i.e. "Graduate Work Stream")

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks,
Regards,
Jimmy
I can't tell you if you are right since there are some visas that would not allow you to apply for this visa - and some clauses that can be attached to a visa.

Is a diploma in IT closely related to developer programmer?
Old Jan 8th 2014, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Yes i think the diploma in IT can be considered as closely related to Developer/Programmer as all the courses in the program were specifically associated and designed to cover needs in Information Technology world.

Some of courses were associated with programming like (Java etc)
Some of courses were associated with data bases like (Sql Server/Oracle etc).
Some of courses were associated with networking.

Currently, i am on 572 visa which enables me to apply for this visa.

I would appreciate further comments from all of you.

Thanks once again for your time and responses.

Kind Regards,
Jimmy