Submitting Original Documents to DIMIA

Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

angelico will become famous soon enoughangelico will become famous soon enough
Default Submitting Original Documents to DIMIA

I would just like to ask a question regarding employment reference documetns for DIMIA.

I'm now in the process of submitting my VISA application to DIMIA. According to the General Skilled Migration Booklet, I should include on my application CETIFIED TRUE COPIES of the documents I submitted to the assessing authority (ACS in my case). The problem is, I submitted the original copies of my employment references to ACS so what I did is I requested for another set of ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS from my employers.

Now, my question is, would this new set of ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS suffice in replacement of CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES of the ones I submitted to ACS?

The contents are 100% the same and I had them all publicly notarized as well.

I really do hope somebody can enligthen me on this.

Thank you.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:56 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Submitting Original Documents to DIMIA

I have sent in the origional copies of my employer references to the DIMIA so i would not worry.

Rob

Originally Posted by angelico
I would just like to ask a question regarding employment reference documetns for DIMIA.

I'm now in the process of submitting my VISA application to DIMIA. According to the General Skilled Migration Booklet, I should include on my application CETIFIED TRUE COPIES of the documents I submitted to the assessing authority (ACS in my case). The problem is, I submitted the original copies of my employment references to ACS so what I did is I requested for another set of ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS from my employers.

Now, my question is, would this new set of ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS suffice in replacement of CERTIFIED TRUE COPIES of the ones I submitted to ACS?

Thank you.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 6:14 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Submitting Original Documents to DIMIA

Originally Posted by angelico

Thank you.
You should be fine but for future reference you should always keep the originals for yourself. You may need them when applying for jobs etc in Australia.

R.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Submitting Original Documents to DIMIA

Thanks for the advices, really do appreciate it.

After having denied with ACS once, I was kinda paranoid so I sent the original copies on my next application. I lost the certified copies unfortunately so I had to re-produce orignal documents.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I sent original employment references to DIMIA & ACS. The ACS ones were addressed to the ACS and the DIMIA ones were addressed to DIMIA and were exactly the same but also included my salary. In the application to DIMIA I also included non-certified copies of everything sent to ACS.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

thanks to you guys. I'll probably send in originals.

i hope some with a similar experience could share too.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spottydog
I sent original employment references to DIMIA & ACS. The ACS ones were addressed to the ACS and the DIMIA ones were addressed to DIMIA and were exactly the same but also included my salary. In the application to DIMIA I also included non-certified copies of everything sent to ACS.
Thanks spottydog. I have lodged my application and did the same thing you did.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Help please!!

To those assessed by ACS.

Should a copy of the ACS application form be submitted to DIMIA as well?

I just realized I didnt sent one!

I included all the documents submitted to ACS except the form itself!

Last edited by angelico; May 19th 2005 at 11:22 am.