Submiting Citizenship Documents

Old May 6th 2015, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Submiting Citizenship Documents

Hi..

We are all a little confused here, we called up the help line and they seemed non the wiser, the staff never seem to know the answers and always refer to the paper application forms...

When submitting your application via post, you photo copy your original documents, then get the photo copies verified by a JP, pop them in the post and take the originals along with you to your appointment. I get that.

But we are submitting online, so they ask for full colour scans of the original documents, then attached when asked to during the application process...

Do the colour scans of your passport, driving license, utility bills which are to be uploaded. Do these scans require verification by a JP prior to being scanned and uploaded or do thy just require full colour scans of the originals and then the originals taken along to your appointment?

Any body got any experience of this? Thanks for any feedback.
Old May 6th 2015, 10:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submiting Citizenship Documents

Originally Posted by blackcab
Hi..

We are all a little confused here, we called up the help line and they seemed non the wiser, the staff never seem to know the answers and always refer to the paper application forms...

When submitting your application via post, you photo copy your original documents, then get the photo copies verified by a JP, pop them in the post and take the originals along with you to your appointment. I get that.

But we are submitting online, so they ask for full colour scans of the original documents, then attached when asked to during the application process...

Do the colour scans of your passport, driving license, utility bills which are to be uploaded. Do these scans require verification by a JP prior to being scanned and uploaded or do thy just require full colour scans of the originals and then the originals taken along to your appointment?

Any body got any experience of this? Thanks for any feedback.
Full colour scans can be uploaded without needing to be certified
Old May 6th 2015, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, just colour scans. Citizenship seems a bit more relaxed than the rest of the visa processes. It should be - you'll have been paying their wages in your taxes for at least the last four years by the time you apply!
Old May 6th 2015, 9:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying for citizenship online then you should make a scan of the original document and upload this directly to your ImmiAccount. If you make a photocopy which is then certified and uploaded then technically it shouldn't be accepted by your case officer as it is a copy of a copy.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Full colour scans can be uploaded without needing to be certified
Thankyou Pollyana.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Yes, just colour scans. Citizenship seems a bit more relaxed than the rest of the visa processes. It should be - you'll have been paying their wages in your taxes for at least the last four years by the time you apply!
Thanks Roger
Old May 6th 2015, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you are applying for citizenship online then you should make a scan of the original document and upload this directly to your ImmiAccount. If you make a photocopy which is then certified and uploaded then technically it shouldn't be accepted by your case officer as it is a copy of a copy.
Thankyou very much for taking the trouble.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replies.

Can I ask, I have downloaded the paper application form, and filled it in electronically, printed it off, signed it in the places it required signing, rescanned the signed parts of the document, was this necessary if I am submitting my applications online. Did I need to do this?

Do you have to upload the signed parts of the paper document during the online application process.

Or is the signed bit done online by ticking a box or boxes?

Thanks again.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:39 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you apply online then you don't need to complete the paper application form as well.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't bother uploading any docs and they just asked me to take them to the interview.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you apply online then you don't need to complete the paper application form as well.
Thanks, saves me scanning another 50 odd pages then.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by verystormy
I didn't bother uploading any docs and they just asked me to take them to the interview.
Thanks. Maybe I am over thinking all this.

I have scanned.

Movement Records in and out of Australia

Passport

Verified Passport Photo, both sides, verified by the person who completed the Identity Declaration

Completed and signed Identity Declaration

Driving License both sides

Birth Certificate

Bank statement

That's just for me.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Just got to do the Penal checks now I think, then hopefully ready to go.

Got the police checks back from the UK as we all were outside of Australia for more than a year in the past five years.

Scan them, job done I hope.
Old May 7th 2015, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

When I applied, I did it online on my iPad - so couldn't upload anything. So, after I applied they emailed me and asked me to just bring in the original docs. Much easier than messing about getting things verified. Only had to get my pictures verified to take with me.