Submission of EoI

Old Jan 1st 2014, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

ashftc89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Submission of EoI

Hello,

I have a question regarding EoI. I will be 25 years old on June 2nd, 2014. My qualification is Part qualified CIMA, Bachelors in Management and Masters in Finance, all from UK. I was planning to apply for NSW SS on 3rd June and finalizing all pre-requisites before June 3rd and once I will be 25 years, I would have filed my EoI and then SS. As the NSW SS quota has been reached, I have to re-plan everything up again. I have done my IELTS and got a minimum of 7 each in all 4 components. I will do the skill assessment from CPA for General Accountant. I am not 100% sure whether I will get positive assessment but if not, then I can attempt the required CPA fundamental papers and apply for re-assessment which will surely have a positive assessment. I am planning to do all this and get my assessment ready by 30th May.

Based on my situation, my question is, "Will I be able to submit an EoI with 55 points in June knowing the fact that NSW SS will re-open in July?" If yes, then what will happen to my EoI if NSW new quota don't have my profession or some changed requirements compared to 2013 which I may not meet. How does the EoI works?

Regards

Muhammad.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 3:33 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Submission of EoI

Originally Posted by ashftc89
Hello,

I have a question regarding EoI. I will be 25 years old on June 2nd, 2014. My qualification is Part qualified CIMA, Bachelors in Management and Masters in Finance, all from UK. I was planning to apply for NSW SS on 3rd June and finalizing all pre-requisites before June 3rd and once I will be 25 years, I would have filed my EoI and then SS. As the NSW SS quota has been reached, I have to re-plan everything up again. I have done my IELTS and got a minimum of 7 each in all 4 components. I will do the skill assessment from CPA for General Accountant. I am not 100% sure whether I will get positive assessment but if not, then I can attempt the required CPA fundamental papers and apply for re-assessment which will surely have a positive assessment. I am planning to do all this and get my assessment ready by 30th May.

Based on my situation, my question is, "Will I be able to submit an EoI with 55 points in June knowing the fact that NSW SS will re-open in July?" If yes, then what will happen to my EoI if NSW new quota don't have my profession or some changed requirements compared to 2013 which I may not meet. How does the EoI works?

Regards

Muhammad.
No. NSW won't accept applications until they re-open on the 1st July, so your application would be ignored. If you submit an EoI with 55 points & no sponsor, then you won't be invited to apply. If NSW change their criteria, and you don't meet the new criteria, then you will not be able to be sponsored by them.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Hello,

Regards

Muhammad.
There is no harm in submitting an EOI now, however you should not submit the NSW SS application until they release the new occupation list and re-open for new applications in 2014.

Cheers,
PB.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:13 am

mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peaceboy
There is no harm in submitting an EOI now, however you should not submit the NSW SS application until they release the new occupation list and re-open for new applications in 2014.

Cheers,
PB.
An EoI that doesn't meet the criteria/points score will never be invited to apply, so it'll just clog up the system. What's the point of submitting it?
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
An EoI that doesn't meet the criteria/points score will never be invited to apply, so it'll just clog up the system. What's the point of submitting it?
the applicant is already having 55 points, just need the SS 5 points to reach 60.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:23 am

the applicant is already having 55 points, just need the SS 5 points to reach 60.
Yes, but he doesn't have a sponsor. Unless he has said sponsor, then he will not be invited to apply. Simple as that.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Yes, but he doesn't have a sponsor. Unless he has said sponsor, then he will not be invited to apply. Simple as that.
You are correct, thats why the applicant needs to apply for SS after NSW publish their new list in 2014, if the occupation is available or needs to look at other states for same occupation availability if the applicant is willing to migrate to other states over NSW.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I would focus on getting skills assessment first, would be surprised if a part qualified accountant would pass.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:30 am

You are correct, thats why the applicant needs to apply for SS after NSW publish their new list in 2014, if the occupation is available or needs to look at other states for same occupation availability if the applicant is willing to migrate to other states over NSW.
So there really is no point in submitting an EoI now then, is there? It won't go anywhere without a sponsor.

OP, BS makes a very good point. If you don't have your skills assessment, then you shouldn't submit an EoI. You need to get a positive skills assessment first.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

May I ask a quick question please. Once everything is ready, I mean the IELTS, skill assessment and the required documentation and paperwork, I know a candidate is then eligible to submit his/her EoI immediately. However, after submitting EoI, can a candidate immediately apply for State sponsorship or is there any delays maybe in processing EoI or waiting for the acknowledgement or for whatever reason a candidate may need to wait for a certain amount of time between submission of EoI and applying for State sponsorship?

The gist here is and maybe what peaceboy is trying to say if there is any waiting time, then it maybe wise to submit my EoI and wait for any SS one that suits me as I am not limited to stick to NSW specifically.

Last edited by ashftc89; Jan 2nd 2014 at 1:21 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Regarding having a positive skill assessment for a part-qualified accountant, I am positive about it as I have a relevant graduation and post-graduation degrees from UK too which I am sure will definitely be a contribution. Even if I lack somewhere, the good thing about having an assessment done from CPA is in whichever module I am lacking, I can do a cross-exam paper from CPA fundamental level and can re-submit my assessment which will surely be a positive one. I know few applicant over numerous forums who have done that

Last edited by ashftc89; Jan 2nd 2014 at 1:25 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:41 pm

Regarding having a positive skill assessment for a part-qualified accountant, I am positive about it as I have a relevant graduation and post-graduation degrees from UK too which I am sure will definitely be a contribution. Even if I lack somewhere, the good thing about having an assessment done from CPA is in whichever module I am lacking, I can do a cross-exam paper from CPA fundamental level and can re-submit my assessment which will surely be a positive one. I know few applicant over numerous forums who have done that
You may be positive about it, but you need the piece of paper from the assessing authority to show that they are positive that your qualifications/experience match the criteria. I'm not saying that you wouldn't receive a positive skills assessment, but you still need it before you proceed with an EoI.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

I am expecting the best and prepared for the worst. Anyway I have also asked a question regarding EoI

May I ask a quick question please. Once everything is ready, I mean the IELTS, skill assessment and the required documentation and paperwork, I know a candidate is then eligible to submit his/her EoI immediately. However, after submitting EoI, can a candidate immediately apply for State sponsorship or is there any delays maybe in processing EoI or waiting for the acknowledgement or for whatever reason a candidate may need to wait for a certain amount of time between submission of EoI and applying for State sponsorship?

The gist here is and maybe what peaceboy is trying to say if there is any waiting time, then it maybe wise to submit my EoI and wait for any SS one that suits me as I am not limited to stick to NSW specifically.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 5:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I am expecting the best and prepared for the worst. Anyway I have also asked a question regarding EoI
You need to submit the EOI before you can apply for state sponsorship, as you need the number for most states. WA select those they would like to sponsor, and you cannot apply directly to them - and NSW as you know is closed for applications until some time in July.

For other states, if you meet their criteria, you can apply as soon as the EOI is lodged if you have enough points.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Clear. But do I need to wait to submit application state sponsorship for any reason after the EoI is submitted, perhaps for the acknowledge of submission of EoI or any other waiting time reason involved?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.