Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

(subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

(subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

mfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura about
Default (subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

Hi Everybody out there in the glorious land of down under.
Something doesn't make sense in this email update service from DIAC; since October 2007 the status for the visa subclasses above is
General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas (subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)
E-lodged (on-line) applications: 21 September 2007
Paper based applications: allocations yet to commence
Tell now this didn't move one day, i was wondering what they are doing there, it doesn't make sense unless they are just putting those visas applications aside for some reason.

3 years ago when i first applied for my SIR it took only 2 months to get allocated to a case officer, now after the changes and the high tech it is worse, i thought my 887 application will be finalized within 4 weeks max as there is nothing really complex to check or verify and i am in Oz already.

Any one pissed off out there?:curse:

If DIAC advertised for volunteers to work over the weekends i will be there, it is very unlikely that they are doing rocket science.

GET MY APPLICATION DONE PLEASE.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: (subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)

Originally Posted by mfarouk
Something doesn't make sense in this email update service from DIAC; since October 2007 the status for the visa subclasses above is
General Skilled Migration visas– Class VE, VF,VB and VC visas (subclasses 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, 485 and 487)
Tell now this didn't move one day, i was wondering what they are doing there, it doesn't make sense unless they are just putting those visas applications aside for some reason.

3 years ago when i first applied for my SIR it took only 2 months to get allocated to a case officer, now after the changes and the high tech it is worse, i thought my 887 application will be finalized within 4 weeks max as there is nothing really complex to check or verify and i am in Oz already.

If DIAC advertised for volunteers to work over the weekends i will be there, it is very unlikely that they are doing rocket science.

Probably putting most of their manpower in to clearing the backlog of pre September applications.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

talisman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TMRE
Probably putting most of their manpower in to clearing the backlog of pre September applications.
Hi, we applied for a 475 in November. The waiting is hard. Wish they would get a move on. Some seem to have been waiting ages.
Fingers crossed one day we may hear something, in the mean time back to waiting.
jane
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

1) You need to be an Australian citizen to work for DIAC
2) As their case officers are known to browse the forum at times insulting them won't get you very far
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:10 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

My sister applied 6 years ago & it wasn't uncommon to wait 2-3 years for a visa back then
So, 12 months isn't too bad I suppose
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

mfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pollyana
1) You need to be an Australian citizen to work for DIAC
2) As their case officers are known to browse the forum at times insulting them won't get you very far
I am not insulting anyone, i am just stating facts .

Australia is the 3rd best in country on the planet and we should expect the best nothing less.

Anyway if any of the case officers is looking into this, i would like to say [Please finalize my application as you are holding the country's economy back by having me and others on the backlog]
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I am not insulting anyone, i am just stating facts .

Australia is the 3rd best in country on the planet and we should expect the best nothing less.

Anyway if any of the case officers is looking into this, i would like to say [Please finalize my application as you are holding the country's economy back by having me and others on the backlog]
It is entirely fair that applications are done in date order, the fact is all these subclasses are relatively new and they should adress older applications first.

People on these subclasses have been waiting a maximum of 5 months- not long in the run of things.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

They made some substantial changes to the visas in September, which resulted in a huge increase in the number of applications just before the changes came into effect - hence the delay. Once they've got through September it should start moving fairly quickly again (hopefully :-) )
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickUK
They made some substantial changes to the visas in September, which resulted in a huge increase in the number of applications just before the changes came into effect - hence the delay. Once they've got through September it should start moving fairly quickly again (hopefully :-) )
Surely, its the same amount of apps that it would have been without the changes? I doubt people decided to emmigrate just because of a change in the rules. So, basically, I think the wait time is the same as what it would have been regardless.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Surely, its the same amount of apps that it would have been without the changes? I doubt people decided to emmigrate just because of a change in the rules. So, basically, I think the wait time is the same as what it would have been regardless.
I think you need to read through some threads. 80,000 applications in August due to visa changes in September. Maybe some of the agents on here can confirm this, oh I just remembered they have stopped posting for a while

Last edited by TMRE; Jan 31st 2008 at 8:53 am.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
I think you need to read through some threads. 80,000 applications in August due to visa changes in September. Maybe some of the agents on here can confirm this, oh I just remembered they have stopped posting for a while
And these people wouldnt have applied if the changes didnt happen? I dont think we need an agent for that one. <sarcastic smiley face>
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

And these people wouldnt have applied if the changes didnt happen? I dont think we need an agent for that one. <sarcastic smiley face>
Presumably they wouldn't all have applied in September though!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickUK
Presumably they wouldn't all have applied in September though!
Wouldnt they have applied already though? Which would mean that the current back log would be the same. I guess I'm speaking from my own perspective here as I have yet to lodge my application so all those guys are ahead of me.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

And these people wouldnt have applied if the changes didnt happen? I dont think we need an agent for that one.
Obviously not otherwise there wouldn't be such a backlog. Points changes, worry of a new online system not being able to cope, the ILETS exam, the new rules for getting assessment of work experience etc. Just thought an agent could tell us the normal amount of applications DIAC. Obviously you know better than anyone else and I bow to your superior knowledge.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Well as the rules changed I'm sure a lot of people might not qualify post-september - so there will be a lot of people that rushed to beat the deadline. A whole lot! So no, it wouldn't be the same amout as usual - it would be the same amount in total, but compressed into a very short period.

But never mind that, I hear what you are saying and it's a bit of a downer to keep seeing the same old date on the aspc email! We all just want to get this over with, it's like nothing else in life, i think "in limbo" is the commonly used phrase I am getting strangely used to the idea that there is little point making new friends, repairing the car, looking for love, working too hard.. etc.. i hope i can shake it off when i get aussie bound!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.