Subclass 475 VS 176?????

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

blue dragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 475 VS 176?????

Greetings folks! We all know the pros and cons of these visas right? but what about the main reason aside from the following:

Why anyone would choose to be on a 475 than a 176?
When he/she is also qualified for a 176.

+ side for 475 is: faster to get while...

- are: tied to regional(more specific), pool score of 100, Provisional visa only

+ for 176 are: state wide freedom, 80 pool mark only, an immigrant visa

- is : longer to get

Is the english or work experience can be waived in a 475? or the case officers will be more lenient for a grant of a 475 since it is a regional visa?

What about the main factor between these two visas differences?

Let me share that the main factor why people choose to be on a 176 over 175 ( in a case when they qualified on both of them) is that 176 has a right of appeal in the migration tribunal court while 175 doesn't. therefore big risk unless your hundred percent sure on your 175: ) Discovered these info here on BE and found it true. So thanks to one who posted it.

Now, considering 176..... or 475? just the same price and both have the advantage of appeal rights but in doubt maybe 475 is hiding something.

Please feel free to comment : )

Last edited by blue dragon; Jun 23rd 2010 at 12:56 pm. Reason: the tabulated form messed up when posted
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

ferdiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Subclass 475 VS 176?????

Originally Posted by blue dragon
Greetings folks! We all know the pros and cons of these visas right? but what about the main reason aside from the following:

Why anyone would choose to be on a 475 than a 176?
When he/she is also qualified for a 176.

+ side for 475 is: faster to get while...

- are: tied to regional(more specific), pool score of 100, Provisional visa only

+ for 176 are: state wide freedom, 80 pool mark only, an immigrant visa

- is : longer to get

Is the english or work experience can be waived in a 475? or the case officers will be more lenient for a grant of a 475 since it is a regional visa?

What about the main factor between these two visas differences?

Let me share that the main factor why people choose to be on a 176 over 175 ( in a case when they qualified on both of them) is that 176 has a right of appeal in the migration tribunal court while 175 doesn't. therefore big risk unless your hundred percent sure on your 175: ) Discovered these info here on BE and found it true. So thanks to one who posted it.

Now, considering 176..... or 475? just the same price and both have the advantage of appeal rights but in doubt maybe 475 is hiding something.

Please feel free to comment : )
I would not mind 475 or 176. My IELTS keeps failing me. The latest is 6.0 but Listening 5.0. Any concessions? I have filed Pre-assessment with Australian Computer Society.I am qualified for Systems Analyst, single, Male, Nigerian.