Subclass 190

Old Jun 16th 2017, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

compo76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Subclass 190

Apologies if this has already been covered

But I was wondering if the Subclass 190 gives you PR ? and what it actually means ?

We have been advised by the Migration company that my husband currently scores 65 points.

We would need to get skills assessed we know that but what else is needed ?

Jem x
Old Jun 16th 2017, 1:35 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subclass 190

Originally Posted by compo76
Apologies if this has already been covered

But I was wondering if the Subclass 190 gives you PR ? and what it actually means ?

We have been advised by the Migration company that my husband currently scores 65 points.

We would need to get skills assessed we know that but what else is needed ?

Jem x
All the information sill be on the DIBP website - Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

The 190 is a state sponsored permanent resident visa. If you occupation is only on the short term list or if you are on the long term list but cannot reach the points required, then the 190 is the best option. If you have been advised by a migration company though, did they not explain things to you? Are they MARA registered?
Old Jun 16th 2017, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

My husbands trade is plumber so appears on both lists I believe - unsure why they said 190 is the best possibly an age thing 41YO
they are the Australia Visa Bureau
I was a little concerned that the 190 visa would only allow us to live in the State that sponsors us - do you know if this is indefinate or only a period of time and then we can move on
Old Jun 16th 2017, 2:04 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by compo76
My husbands trade is plumber so appears on both lists I believe - unsure why they said 190 is the best possibly an age thing 41YO
they are the Australia Visa Bureau
I was a little concerned that the 190 visa would only allow us to live in the State that sponsors us - do you know if this is indefinate or only a period of time and then we can move on
The information should be in the link, but state sponsorship places a moral obligation on the visa holder to live and work in the sponsoring state for the first 2 years.

As a 41 year old plumber, the 190 may have been suggested to make up points. After the age of 40 there are only 15 points available for age, trade qualifications are only worth 10, and max overseas experience points is 15 (for 8 to 10 years experience in the last 10 years). Your OH will need to sit IELTS and achieve maximum marks to be able to apply I think. That would give him 60 points, so if I were you I would go for the 189. Most EOI's selected with 60 points so very little reason currently to go for 190 in my opinion.

Again, all the information is in the link, including how to work out points as there are some other categories that may be able to boost score.
Old Jun 16th 2017, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Thats brilliant thank you so much for your help

Have a great day
Old Jun 16th 2017, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind the changes from July 1st though.

At present the age cut off for a 189 is 50, with no age points from age 45. But, the cut off is being reduced by 5 years to 45. I haven't checked yet, but I suspect there will be a reduction in points cascading down, so no points for age awarded after age 40.