Subclass 189 or 190

Old Jan 1st 2014, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

ashftc89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Subclass 189 or 190

Hello,

As the NSW state sponsorship reaches its quota, it will be refreshed next year July. Provided the fact that I meet points for both 189 and 190, which category is more suitable or should one opt for. Also my profession is a flagged occupation i.e., under consideration which means it can get removed anytime they want. However, 189 takes ages and even worse for applicants from high-risk countries like myself. Suggestions please
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subclass 189 or 190

It seems like a no brainier and I am not sure why you even need to ask. If you don't need sponsorship and cannot get it anyway then why would you wait until you can get sponsorship.. especially if you are worried your occupation is coming off the list.

At the moment there is very little difference in processing time between a 189 and 190 visa. The delays sometimes associated with applicants from HR countries will be the same.
Old Jan 2nd 2014, 3:23 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Subclass 189 or 190

Originally Posted by ashftc89
Hello,

As the NSW state sponsorship reaches its quota, it will be refreshed next year July. Provided the fact that I meet points for both 189 and 190, which category is more suitable or should one opt for. Also my profession is a flagged occupation i.e., under consideration which means it can get removed anytime they want. However, 189 takes ages and even worse for applicants from high-risk countries like myself. Suggestions please
If you have the points, and meet all the criteria, then the 189 is by far the better option. I agree with BS - it's a no brainer. With the 189, there are no state obligations to fulfil, and so you can live & work anywhere you wish to. Let someone who really needs the state sponsorship have the place. In any case, twelve months estimated processing time really isn't that bad.