Studying a skill in Australia

Old Dec 3rd 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Ebbz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Studying a skill in Australia

I have heard there are companies that help you get enrolled to study a skill out in Australia which once passed you are able to apply for a long term visa to live there.

My girlfriend has recieved info from such company where you pay a fee and they help get you out there and a visa.

Is this possible?
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

ZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really niceZeeAsh is just really nice
Default Re: Studying a skill in Australia

Originally Posted by Ebbz
I have heard there are companies that help you get enrolled to study a skill out in Australia which once passed you are able to apply for a long term visa to live there.

My girlfriend has recieved info from such company where you pay a fee and they help get you out there and a visa.

Is this possible?
I guess that would be a student visa .... Not the skilled migrant visa
After completing study one have to apply for skilled category if your skill is in the skilled occupation list .... On shore if still in Oz with valid visa or Off shore if left Oz
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Don't pay an agent though, there are plenty out there who do it for free. They make their money via a comission from the education provider.

Beware that it is an expensive way in, and takes a lot of hard work. And you can only work 20 hours a week for most of the year.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ebbz

Is this possible?
Hi Ebz,
Could you please give the name of the company as one of my freind would also like to take this option to enter Australia.
Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

bradburns2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by punoo
Hi Ebz,
Could you please give the name of the company as one of my freind would also like to take this option to enter Australia.
Thanks
We used an education agent called Study Options and spoke to a man called Steffan Watts, he told us everything that we needed to know and was very nice. Just google Study Options and you'll find it. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:22 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I am doing it for my friend - you don't need an agent. Course just has to be considered FULL TIME. Find out where you want to live, look at the tafe for full time courses, apply for a student visa (take medical, get police clearance), pay fees.

If you read the relevant pages on www.immi.gov.au all the rules are there. I did my permanent one and some other people's, a defacto and a business visa, they are all kind of straight forward if you dont mind a bit of reading.

Viv
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

It isn't as easy as just finding a 2 year full time course. There are courses out there which are both full time and 2 years, but once you have done them you wouldn't be able to get PR. You have to make sure there is a job to go with the course. For example, there are loads of 2 year child care courses, but they will not qualify you to be a child care coordinator (the closest on the skills in demand list).
Old Dec 8th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

punoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to allpunoo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bradburns2
We used an education agent called Study Options and spoke to a man called Steffan Watts, he told us everything that we needed to know and was very nice. Just google Study Options and you'll find it. Hope this helps.
Thanks Bradburns2!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:12 pm

Sorry wasn't thinking of PR afterwards - just the student visa part of it!

viv
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
I am doing it for my friend - you don't need an agent. Course just has to be considered FULL TIME. Find out where you want to live, look at the tafe for full time courses, apply for a student visa (take medical, get police clearance), pay fees.

If you read the relevant pages on www.immi.gov.au all the rules are there. I did my permanent one and some other people's, a defacto and a business visa, they are all kind of straight forward if you dont mind a bit of reading.

Viv
Are you a registered agent? If not, be very careful about applying for visas for other people.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

binnz10 will become famous soon enoughbinnz10 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bradburns2
We too used Study Options and dealt with Steffan Watts (who was great) and would reccomend them, their service is free and they know what you need to do to then be eligible to apply for PR once the course is completed, I read recently on this forum someone who was close to completing their course and it looked like what they had studied was not enough to comply with PR requirements. It is costly enough to go this route without then getting it wrong.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry wasn't thinking of PR afterwards - just the student visa part of it!

viv
OP was asking about staying long term once the course was done, so they would need a course which would mean they could apply for PR!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:21 am

Hi Pollyanna

No, not an agent, completely ignorant of the whole thing really apart from being able to read and carry out basic admin which for some applications (if you are obviously eligible) is all you need. The information is all available online, there is no secret trick to it all I dont think.

People are family/friends who I have helped. no money involved, not my name on the application, I have done them with them which means I did all the work reading up on it, gave them the info/links and they said thanks but they lodged the app. Immigration encourage you to do your own applications and do not say you should have an agent. I have spoken to lots of people in immigration and when you ring they are very happy to help you with anything you don't understand.

In Sydney I know they also run a free advice service to help with Applications. I can;t see the point of paying someone if you fall into one of the simpler categories - I am not even convinced it speeds it up that much as you have to get the information for the agent anyway. Its just peace of mind.

For the business sponsor visas its a bit different - I am doing one now for someone and I am thinking maybe I will get an agent perhaps to do the other side of it as I dont have the time to read every job description and think about it all and make a call on what is best. They said they charge about $1650 for me as the company and $1650 for the applicant which isnt that bad I suppose.

I got very keen on Oz when I first arrived and was encouraging everyone I knew to come. Quite a few of my friends at work did - on 457s and permanents, we all did our own and were all granted visas.

Viv
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

essex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really niceessex2sydney is just really nice

Hi Pollyanna

No, not an agent, completely ignorant of the whole thing really apart from being able to read and carry out basic admin which for some applications (if you are obviously eligible) is all you need. The information is all available online, there is no secret trick to it all I dont think.

People are family/friends who I have helped. no money involved, not my name on the application, I have done them with them which means I did all the work reading up on it, gave them the info/links and they said thanks but they lodged the app. Immigration encourage you to do your own applications and do not say you should have an agent. I have spoken to lots of people in immigration and when you ring they are very happy to help you with anything you don't understand.

In Sydney I know they also run a free advice service to help with Applications. I can;t see the point of paying someone if you fall into one of the simpler categories - I am not even convinced it speeds it up that much as you have to get the information for the agent anyway. Its just peace of mind.

For the business sponsor visas its a bit different - I am doing one now for someone and I am thinking maybe I will get an agent perhaps to do the other side of it as I dont have the time to read every job description and think about it all and make a call on what is best. They said they charge about $1650 for me as the company and $1650 for the applicant which isnt that bad I suppose.

I got very keen on Oz when I first arrived and was encouraging everyone I knew to come. Quite a few of my friends at work did - on 457s and permanents, we all did our own and were all granted visas.

Viv
Hi, are you able to give me the information about study options...cheers.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

You are best off doing a google search for study in australia and finding a registered agent, who won't charge you a penny, and does this all the time, rather than asking someone on a forum who is not qualified and has not done any applications with a view to PR.
Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.