Wikiposts

student visa-subclass 573

Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: student visa-subclass 573

I'm glad (but not if you see what I mean) that it isn't just our house sale which doesn't seem to be going as quickly as we would like. It was about 2 months ago when the bloke said he wanted it. We were hoping to be out by now.
Had the survey then about a week and a half later mortgage company said they want more bits of survey done. Took buyer a couple of weeks to sort out and now we are just waiting to see what mortgage company wants to do. There was a fair bit wrong (rising damp, electrics a bit dodgy) but the surveyors recon it shouldn't cost more than £3k to fix. I just want to hear back NOW.
I just can't let myself apply for the visa until we know the house sale is still going through.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunshine 27
Hi Bradburns
we have applied through study option (stefan) aswell, he sent me my coe and I've booked meds for wednesday, do I apply on line visa now or wait for meds? I emailed stefan last week but not heard back.
Think I maybe being a bit impatient as i want to get visa then book flights as course starts in feb, want to be in Oz after new year.

any reassurance would be helpful!
Thanks Angie
Not quite sure what to tell ou Angie, you're in front of us with the whole process. All i know is that you can only apply for your visa if it's 90 days or less from the course start date. If this is so then i would get my meds done and when you have the results, apply for the visa. Stefan is the best one to speak to, just call him again tomorrow and he will tell you. I asked Stefan if there were any reasons that would lead to a student visa not being granted, he said a student visa would only not get granted if you failed your medicals or had a bad criminal record. This to me says that you need your medical before you apply for your visa. Better check though. Let me know the outcome and good luck. Lisa.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 4:58 am
Just Joined

ash89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by werty1
Hi Ash,

Can you help me?? Im applying online for 572 and struggling a bit!

I have filled in the application and just at the payment section, I couldnt find anywhere where you upload your documents! but Ive found that now, but is it correct that if you scan in colour ocument then they dont need to be certified? And did you attach a passport sized photo of yourself?

Thanks
hey werty...

i scanned my original documents which were not certified...and yes we did attach a passport size photograph...
Old Oct 28th 2007, 5:34 am
Just Joined

sunshine 27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Not quite sure what to tell ou Angie, you're in front of us with the whole process. All i know is that you can only apply for your visa if it's 90 days or less from the course start date. If this is so then i would get my meds done and when you have the results, apply for the visa. Stefan is the best one to speak to, just call him again tomorrow and he will tell you. I asked Stefan if there were any reasons that would lead to a student visa not being granted, he said a student visa would only not get granted if you failed your medicals or had a bad criminal record. This to me says that you need your medical before you apply for your visa. Better check though. Let me know the outcome and good luck. Lisa.
Thanks Lisa
Will ring him tomorrow, think I can apply, but wait to see what he says, just
anxious to get a leaving date so i can organize everything,
feel in limbo
Just want to go NOW, need to see some sun!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Bradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really niceBradburns is just really nice

Originally Posted by sunshine 27
Thanks Lisa
Will ring him tomorrow, think I can apply, but wait to see what he says, just
anxious to get a leaving date so i can organize everything,
feel in limbo
Just want to go NOW, need to see some sun!
Good luck, I hope you can apply now, because if the course is in Feb. you will be wanting to get everything sorted. You probably can, but because we're not that far along yet i haven't had to ask any of these questions. Still keep me informed though. Lisa.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

sunshine 27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bradburns
Good luck, I hope you can apply now, because if the course is in Feb. you will be wanting to get everything sorted. You probably can, but because we're not that far along yet i haven't had to ask any of these questions. Still keep me informed though. Lisa.
Hi
Yes I can apply now, and should take about 3 weeks to get visa!
Angie