Student visa for residence

Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Student visa for residence

Hi, me and my boyfriend are desperate to get to Australia permantely and need some advice on Student Visas. We are both willing to do any course anywhere which would help us get residence. My boyfriend has a degree in countryside management and would like ideally to do a course in Golf course management, landscaping etc. I will do anything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Esther and Sambo
Old Jun 11th 2006, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student visa for residence

Firstly - being in australia on a student visa doesn't mean that you'll automatically qualify for PR when you've finished your course. (although you would hope that with aussie qualifications and contacts in the country you'd stand a good chance of getting a job, and that DIMIA would look favourably on this!)

I would suggest that you pick courses that would get you 60 points on the SOL, and preferably ones that you've got and interest & experience in (you don't want to be stuck doing a course that bores you!)

To get a student visa you need to declare that you've got the money to pay for your whole course and support yourself as well. to support yourself they ask that you declare you have access to $12000 per yer + course fees. you also need to have been accepted on to a course, and have paid your fees (whatever the course is asking - some are a year, some are a semester) and also Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Some courses are cheaper than others - diploma at TAFE is around $10,000 (depends on course/TAFE), uni courses start around the $13,000 mark per year and can go up to $35,000 (more for medicine, tho i suspect you wouldn't be looking to study that since it takes about 46 years to qualify)

There are changes afoot for student visa peeps, with a new work experience visa on the cards for when you finish your qualification. Plan is to give you another temp visa for 18months so you can get some work experience, and then let you apply for PR.

All the info you need is on the DIMIA website. student visas are v straight forward to apply for if its just you with no dependants!

good luck
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:49 am
Just Joined

uneela is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student visa for residence

hi Yosemite,

Was just reading ur reply and thought i could ask u some questions .....
My husband has been accepted as a student in Monash University and he will be pursuing his MBA there ...he has 15yrs experience in the IT industry and 7 or more yrs in a managerial role ...we have our visas ready and will be flying this month end ...

Just wanted to know ,that after he finishes his MBA ,would there be any difficulty finding a job ??? anybody who has gone thru it can help me out here ...cos we did some research before embarking on this mission and found out that if a person has vast experience then jobs are not a problem ...but i haven't come across anybody who has gone thru this ..just read all the success stories online ....

hope , u can guide me thru this ...
how dificult is it to find a job with his profile ,as a student he can work 20hrs per week .

any help and answers are much appreciated

thanx
usha.

Originally Posted by YoSemite
Firstly - being in australia on a student visa doesn't mean that you'll automatically qualify for PR when you've finished your course. (although you would hope that with aussie qualifications and contacts in the country you'd stand a good chance of getting a job, and that DIMIA would look favourably on this!)

I would suggest that you pick courses that would get you 60 points on the SOL, and preferably ones that you've got and interest & experience in (you don't want to be stuck doing a course that bores you!)

To get a student visa you need to declare that you've got the money to pay for your whole course and support yourself as well. to support yourself they ask that you declare you have access to $12000 per yer + course fees. you also need to have been accepted on to a course, and have paid your fees (whatever the course is asking - some are a year, some are a semester) and also Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Some courses are cheaper than others - diploma at TAFE is around $10,000 (depends on course/TAFE), uni courses start around the $13,000 mark per year and can go up to $35,000 (more for medicine, tho i suspect you wouldn't be looking to study that since it takes about 46 years to qualify)

There are changes afoot for student visa peeps, with a new work experience visa on the cards for when you finish your qualification. Plan is to give you another temp visa for 18months so you can get some work experience, and then let you apply for PR.

All the info you need is on the DIMIA website. student visas are v straight forward to apply for if its just you with no dependants!

good luck