Wikiposts

Student Visa / Hairdressing needing help!!

Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Michang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student Visa / Hairdressing needing help!!

This is an answer I received from TRA on my generic question about what the 900 hours of experience entail:

Thank you for your recent enquiry to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA).
All AQFIII applicants whose Australian training commenced after 1 February 2005 are required to provide evidence of 900 hours of relevent work experience in order to apply for skills recognition with TRA.

Your work experience can be undertaken before, during or after your course but must be completed outside course requirements. The work experience must be in the occupation you are seeking assessment and you must be performing the full range of duties of that occupation.

Relevent supporting documentation to be provided with applications may include employer statements or payslips capable of being verified by the ATO.

It should be noted that TRA cannot provide advice on AQF training organisations or particular courses. Accordingly, you are requested to make your own independent enquiries.

Please visit our website at www.workplace.gov.au/tra for more information and also note any replies to this email must be forwarded to [email protected] if you require the matter to be actioned.

Thank you.
TRADES RECOGNITION AUSTRALIA
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student Visa / Hairdressing needing help!!

Thanks very much, that is very helpful. I believe on my course I have to do two days of work experiance a week as part of the course, so hopefully I will manage to get one of them to employ me out of the course time too.
Hopefully that will save me a bit of time after the course before applying for PR.