Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

STUDENT VISA- ANYONE DEFERRED THEIR START DATE?

STUDENT VISA- ANYONE DEFERRED THEIR START DATE?

Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

sharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nicesharonmcallister is just really nice
Default STUDENT VISA- ANYONE DEFERRED THEIR START DATE?

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone who has applied for a student visa has deferred to a later start date. My course starts the 23rd July but we still are waiting on an answer and the meds have been sent to Sydney so I think we are looking at another 6 weeks before we get ana nswer. We still have the house to sell but dont want to put it on the market till we know we have the visa. My course provider has said I could drop back till the october intake but I dont know how this would work with the visa as the application is already in?

Has anyone done this?

thanks in advance,

Sharon
Old Mar 30th 2008, 6:57 am
Just Joined

ann.t is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STUDENT VISA- ANYONE DEFERRED THEIR START DATE?

Hi don't know if this is any help. Our daughter has applied and been accepted to two Uni's. We are on a temporary residence visa 163 so she had to apply as an international student. She wrote the the two uni's and asked to defer for 1 year. They both replied very quickly saying no problem. I suggest you contact the uni/college and ask them.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STUDENT VISA- ANYONE DEFERRED THEIR START DATE?

Our meds were also refered to Sydney for the student visa. It took one week! I too was panicking. My course providor were really good and told me not to panick, that I could start later if I had to. We flew in 2 days before the course start in the end.
There is a girl on my course who's visa did not arrive in time for the course start. She started two weeks ago even though most of the rest of us started 4th of Feb. The course provider TAFE SA have been great with her. They are teaching her on her own on days we don't normally have lessons.

Good luck