student visa

Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

finbar will become famous soon enoughfinbar will become famous soon enough
Default student visa

hi, me and my oh are going to apply for the student visa at the end of the year, i have thought about doing a 2 year plastering course with silver trowel in perth with the cost being $28950 according to cricos and that seems very expensive to me, has anyone seen this cheaper and if i was a couple of months into my course would they let me find a plastering firm to do my 20 hours work, does anyone know how much 2 bedroom apartments are to rent in perth, thanks people.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:00 am
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: student visa

Hello there,

News to me, new college and course....

Afraid it is the only choice for plastering in Oz and fees are only bit above average i.e. normally AUD9-11,000 per year at TAFE WA but TAFE WA cannot offer trades training (because of political pressure in WA where everyone thinks all those foreigners will take apprenticeships from locals who drop out within first year....)

If college is any good they should be able to recommend employers at minimum, especially WA....by the look of their website they mention all the right names.....appear to be supported by industry.

Would be interesting, like other private colleges, to see what the TRA thinks about quality of training and quals?

Rent can be expensive in Perth but had Hungarian candidates who found 2 bedroom unit for only AUD1000 per month! They may have been lucky and or via other Hungarians ....see http://www.domain.com.au and www.gumtree.com.au for Perth

Cheers Andrew