Student Visa

Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Corkhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Student Visa

Can anyone help?

I am going to be aplying for a student visa and have read different advice on when I am able to apply for it, On one site it was no more than 120 days before and on another it was 90 days before. I have tried to contact Australian High Commission in london, but there is no contact details other than an address, and I can't seem to find out on the the Australian Student Visa website?

Please advise
many thanks

Last edited by Corkhead; Aug 15th 2004 at 9:09 am.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:21 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Student Visa

The immigration website is the best place to look ......

This is a step by step guide to applying

http://www.immi.gov.au/study/tool/index.htm

I've had a student visa for Australia it was five years ago! I don't remember any time limit, I was acepted onto the course in September applied that month, got the visa in october and the course started the following February.

Have you seen this website ..... www.studyinaustralia.gov.au
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi BKate

Thanks for you reply. I have been through both of these web sites and completed the step by step guide and can't find the information I need. I think I am going mad!!! because I have seen it somewhere a couple of months ago and for the life of me I can't remember where, must be just a dumb blonde!!

Kerry
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:31 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Kerry, have you applied for a course and been accepted yet?? Will you be applying online??
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

I am just waiting for confirmation on the course details from my first choice taffe, and then I will be applying, and from what I have read you can only apply online if you are in the assessment 1 category?

Kerry