STNI visa

Old Nov 3rd 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default STNI visa

Hi,

We've been granted STNI visa to SA, but recently my husband been asked by he's present company if he's interested to work for them in the state of Victoria, so I was wondering does anyone know how easy is it to change to a different state, is it quite straight forward.
we've just accepted an offer on our house, so if it all goes well, we will there by mid Jan 07.
We would much appreciate with all your suggestion how to go about this.

Farideh
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI visa

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hi,

We've been granted STNI visa to SA, but recently my husband been asked by he's present company if he's interested to work for them in the state of Victoria, so I was wondering does anyone know how easy is it to change to a different state, is it quite straight forward.
we've just accepted an offer on our house, so if it all goes well, we will there by mid Jan 07.
We would much appreciate with all your suggestion how to go about this.

Farideh
which class of visa do you have? (134, 136 etc).

we also have a STNI sponsored visa subclass 134; when you gained your STNI sponsorship you stated your intention to stay within the nominating state for two years but this is not a legal requirement-you are free to move between states but there is a moral obligation for you to honour your intention.

see also this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=stni
especially answer 5 from Alan Collett which supports my comment.

Last edited by ianandhelena; Nov 3rd 2006 at 6:24 pm.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
which class of visa do you have? (134, 136 etc).

we also have a STNI sponsored visa subclass 134; when you gained your STNI sponsorship you stated your intention to stay within the nominating state for two years but this is not a legal requirement-you are free to move between states but there is a moral obligation for you to honour your intention.

see also this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...highlight=stni
especially answer 5 from Alan Collett which supports my comment.
Thanks for the reply, ours is sub 137, also my husband said he has called Victoria & Dimia and they both said no problem at their end but we havent checked it yet with SA, so I guess we better wait until we get the job in writing before we call the SA.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 8:14 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Thanks for the reply, ours is sub 137, also my husband said he has called Victoria & Dimia and they both said no problem at their end but we havent checked it yet with SA, so I guess we better wait until we get the job in writing before we call the SA.
Hi Guys,

STNI and Skill Matching visas don't have a compliance mechanism at the moment - but at any time that might be changed, particularly as some states, such as South Australia, seem to be unhappy about the numbers of STNI/Skill Matching holders not honouring the commitments they have made.

So my advice to anyone changing states in this situation is to document your circumstances carefully - so if ever later necessary, you'll be able to explain that there were a lack of suitable vacancies in the nominating state and a suitable position elsewhere.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au