STNI - finding work

Old Mar 4th 2005, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question STNI - finding work

what if you cannot find work within sponsoring state? can you move somewhere else if there are more employment opportunities or do you have to stay for the 2 years regardless?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:29 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: STNI - finding work

You have to stay the 2 years regardless.

You dont have to do the same job you've been granted the visa for though!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bridiej

its a real worry as husband is falling over work here and is raking it in - makes you wonder.......
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bridiej

This has been asked many times.

The general consensus seems to be that if you have genuinely tried to find work in your sector - and that is after all why they sponsored you - and can show that there are really no opportunities but that there is a demand for your skills elsewhere, then the state is likely to be understanding.

If you wanted to leave the state to work in a totally different job to the one your were sponsored for, then that would me more of an issue, because you could do that in your sponsoring state.

Phil
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by PhilShila
This has been asked many times.

The general consensus seems to be that if you have genuinely tried to find work in your sector - and that is after all why they sponsored you - and can show that there are really no opportunities but that there is a demand for your skills elsewhere, then the state is likely to be understanding.

If you wanted to leave the state to work in a totally different job to the one your were sponsored for, then that would me more of an issue, because you could do that in your sponsoring state.

Phil

thats makes a lot of sense - thanks everso !!

husband is constantly looking for plumbing work in Melbourne but there doesnt seem to be as much as in other states which seems a bit strange.

i love the idea of going to Oz and "the dream" etc etc but i dont want to be loads worse off than we are over here. we're not rolling in it by any stretch of the imagination - in fact my only luxury is that i can take my children to school and pick them up and not be out of the house 7am til 7pm any more! so im far from being a pampered housewife with gym membership!! its taken a long time to be able to afford for me to give up work and play "mum" and no amount of sunshine and cold beer would make me want to give it up!!!

sorry - rant over. back to the point - if all else fails, we could approach Vic and plead our case? sounds good to me! cheers Phil
Old Mar 4th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Wink Re: STNI - finding work

hey j

it's sam!

just wondering when it comes down to it i keep thinking oh my god !! i ain got a clue! but really i do just their is loads of stuff to try and sort out in your head before you can do anything!!!

i really wouldn't even consider a SIR (i saw u put a post on this you do get there but there's alot of things you don't get compared to a STNI!) stay with that 1!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt
hey j

it's sam!

just wondering when it comes down to it i keep thinking oh my god !! i ain got a clue! but really i do just their is loads of stuff to try and sort out in your head before you can do anything!!!

i really wouldn't even consider a SIR (i saw u put a post on this you do get there but there's alot of things you don't get compared to a STNI!) stay with that 1!

Hi Sam - yeah, youre absolutely right - im just having a wobbly moment!! Thanks!!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:59 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
what if you cannot find work within sponsoring state? can you move somewhere else if there are more employment opportunities or do you have to stay for the 2 years regardless?

I don't think you have to stay any where, after all it is a permanent residency
visa.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Unhappy Re: STNI - finding work

Hi Sam - yeah, youre absolutely right - im just having a wobbly moment!! Thanks!!
he j what you doing back on here?? you hooked on it too ??? i find it hard to get off the damn thing very addictive!!!

just going round in circles dont even know any more where to begin! i know the begining is the best place to start but i forgot where that is!!! lol
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
I don't think you have to stay any where, after all it is a permanent residency
visa.

sent you a PM
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt
he j what you doing back on here?? you hooked on it too ??? i find it hard to get off the damn thing very addictive!!!

just going round in circles dont even know any more where to begin! i know the begining is the best place to start but i forgot where that is!!! lol
its barmy isnt it - my husband comes home from work and i havent moved from this spot all day!!!

just when we think we've got it sussed....... and so on it goes ....
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:08 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

sent you a PM
Didn't get it
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Didn't get it

you have now mate!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:15 pm

you have now mate!!!!
Answered
Old Mar 4th 2005, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Think Victoria state word it "A moral obligation" to live and work in the sponsoring state.

If you have tried to get a job and cant, they cant and wont stop you going else where for work.

But dont look at it as a way into Aus if you have no intention of staying in Vic State, if you cant prove you have tried but cant get a job they can and will withdraw the visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.