STNI 137 Applications

Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:57 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default STNI 137 Applications

Hi

Today I received acknowlegement and confirmation of payment letter and it had our old UK address on it.

Luckily we recieved it by email, but I dont know why its addressed to our old address as we have put our Australian address on all the forms????

Anyway, I emailed them pointing out that they had addressed it to my previous address, so hopefully it will be ok.

They said "your application will be assessed in apporx 4-5 months when your case officer will contact you to advise you of the next stage".

I was under the impression that STNI got PRIORITY processing??? Is this normal processing time or what??

Also they gave us a reference number, is this our case/file number? or will we get one for them in 4-5 months?????

Can anyone advise me as, we are planning on front loading the meds??

Anyone who has done this and is ahead, please can you advise as I am worrying now.....

cheers

Laura
x
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:49 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI 137 Applications

Hello Laura.

4 months sounds about right for priority processed applications presently, though SIR applications are a few weeks quicker (allocation of a case officer leading to a request for medicals and penals is typically 6+ months for the non-priority processed applications).

The file reference shown on your acknowledgement letter from Adelaide is the one that will be remain with you during the application. There is another number issued for the purpose of medicals (the ICSE Request ID), but if your medicals are submitted before this second reference is allocated all should be well if you include your file reference on the forms 26 and 160,

Note that the medicals should be sent to the Local Clearance Unit in Sydney:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/loca...rance_unit.htm

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
Hi

Today I received acknowlegement and confirmation of payment letter and it had our old UK address on it.

Luckily we recieved it by email, but I dont know why its addressed to our old address as we have put our Australian address on all the forms????

Anyway, I emailed them pointing out that they had addressed it to my previous address, so hopefully it will be ok.

They said "your application will be assessed in apporx 4-5 months when your case officer will contact you to advise you of the next stage".

I was under the impression that STNI got PRIORITY processing??? Is this normal processing time or what??

Also they gave us a reference number, is this our case/file number? or will we get one for them in 4-5 months?????

Anyone who has done this and is ahead, please can you advise as I am worrying now.....

cheers

Laura
x
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

cheers

Laura
x
Hi Laura,
My acknowledgement e mail also had my old UK address on it even though I am now in Australia and put my Australian address on the forms.
I e mailed and phoned DIMIA about this and they explained that sometimes when people are already in Australia on a TR visa the system hasn't "closed" the old address with which you applied for thr TR visa or something like that (basically it's a mistake!). Once you point it out to them by e mail they will "close" the old address and that should be the end of your problems - all future things should have your Australian address on them.

MODL occupations also get priority processing (even on a 136 visa).
I'm MODL and was quoted the same timeline as you in the acknowledgement e mail so it sounds about right! Disappointing isn't it?!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:18 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alan and Mtv

Thank you, that has put my mind at rest.

Laura
x
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:55 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan and Mtv

Thank you, that has put my mind at rest.

Laura
x
Hi Laura

We are STNI check my profile for our timeline, what you said sounds about right
Old Jan 12th 2006, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Laura

We are STNI check my profile for our timeline, what you said sounds about right
thanks babe
x