STNI(137) applicants....

Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really nice
Default STNI(137) applicants....

To date we have been looking at doing a Sponsored skilled visa(138) with my bro as sponsor. However, as we start getting down to areas we'd like to live in, one is Melbourne, and on further research Victoria do State Sponsors.
- Is it right you only need 70points?!! (We have 115)
- How easy/hard are these to get compared with the Skilled sponsored(138) as I presume the state really makes sure you will get a job (currently IT Project Manager)

Any other info appreciated...!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI(137) applicants....

Originally Posted by Mark044
To date we have been looking at doing a Sponsored skilled visa(138) with my bro as sponsor. However, as we start getting down to areas we'd like to live in, one is Melbourne, and on further research Victoria do State Sponsors.
- Is it right you only need 70points?!! (We have 115)
- How easy/hard are these to get compared with the Skilled sponsored(138) as I presume the state really makes sure you will get a job (currently IT Project Manager)
Check the skills list for Victoria at http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au
Not necessarily all that easy for those in IT to get a nomination.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really niceMark044 is just really nice

Thanks
I looked on there and IT Manager (and Project Manager was off there) was listed on the Eligibility job list, apart from being accepted, is there more to look at??
Is it right you can apply for free and if it fails go the other sponsored route??

Last edited by Mark044; Jan 21st 2007 at 8:44 pm.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

My OH has managed to get sponsorship with Victoria, but I would suggest you speak to an agent as we had to submit a lot of extra info to support our application. We used George Lombard as he is very knowledgeable about the IT industry.
We had been told previously that it is very difficult to get sponsorship as only approx 30% of applications from IT people are accepted.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:23 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
We had been told previously that it is very difficult to get sponsorship as only approx 30% of applications from IT people are accepted.
As rightly pointed out, not every occupation listed on the Vic list will get STNI nomination. It's very competitive, and the assessing panel does scruntinize every application for STNI.

I would advise Mark to consult a registered agent who is familiar with STNI/IT issues.

Peter
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
My OH has managed to get sponsorship with Victoria, but I would suggest you speak to an agent as we had to submit a lot of extra info to support our application. We used George Lombard as he is very knowledgeable about the IT industry.
Errrk! Is that 30% of STNI applications, or 30% of any sponsorship (ie a resident sponsor) for IT people?!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:35 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark044
Errrk! Is that 30% of STNI applications, or 30% of any sponsorship (ie a resident sponsor) for IT people?!!
30% of STNI applications. And this is concerning the state nomination process, not the DIMA process.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

Hya Mark
I applied and got state sponsorship from Victoria last year, I am a hairdresser and was on their skills shortage list.
I dont know about IT occupations, but as it costs nothing to apply you might as well. The most challenging part of the application was working out how much it costs to live in Melbourne and showing that we had sufficent funds to live without working. However the application is web based and you can dip into it whenever so was easily do-able.
Best of luck
Louise
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

andeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really niceandeos is just really nice

Hi Mark,

I am environmental engineer (which is only on Western Australia's list). I applied online and had my sponsorship 5 days later. Was very easy. But there a some professions searched only in specific regions. Take a look at the eligibility list first.

Barbara
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:53 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, we are currently going through the process of applying for an STNI visa and have sponsorship from Victoria. Our experience of the state sponsorship process is that we were rejected first time and then spent many many months preparing to reapply. We thoroughly researched the job market using every contact we possibly could. And my husband worked extensively with our agents (George Lomard and Peter Chiam - ptlabs) to produce the necessary documentation that proved he was employable in Victoria.

On our second application, we were stunned to be accepted as we were prepared for the worst following the first refusal.

All I can say is that we absolutely believe we would not have been accepted second time around with out the expererience our agents brought to the table.

I didn't actually realise that only 30% of applications are accepted (see JAJ's earlier post) and am now even more thankful to Peter and George.

I highly recommend you get an agent to help with this bit as they are best placed to advise on what is required. Also, research, research, research - you will have to prove that you are employable, and prepared to make a real go of life in Victoria.

Good luck.