Still waiting!

Old Aug 5th 2002, 12:20 am
Heidi

Default Still waiting!

Hello there sunseekers and others,

Well it's now been 13 months (7 to go ... I hope)!

This waiting isn't getting any easier. Especially after watching the closing of the
commonwealth games and seeing the introduction to the Melbourne 2006 18th
commonwealth games.

Has anybody recently heard from AHC in London requesting medicals and police checks?
I'm secretly wondering if it's worth getting them done before they ask, but that's my
impatient zone of my pea-brain working.

Does anybody know what month they are processing at the mo? The last I remember
reading, was Jan 2001.

Oh well, whinging over for another month, goodluck everybody else.

Cheers

Heidi

Old Aug 5th 2002, 7:20 am
Dave And Yve

Default Re: Still waiting!

"Heidi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello there sunseekers and others,
    >
    > Well it's now been 13 months (7 to go ... I hope)!
    >
    > This waiting isn't getting any easier. Especially after watching the closing of the
    > commonwealth games and seeing the introduction to the Melbourne 2006 18th
    > commonwealth games.
    >
    > Has anybody recently heard from AHC in London requesting medicals and police
    > checks? I'm secretly wondering if it's worth getting them done before they ask, but
    > that's my impatient zone of my pea-brain working.
    >
    > Does anybody know what month they are processing at the mo? The last I remember
    > reading, was Jan 2001.
    >
    > Oh well, whinging over for another month, goodluck everybody else.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Heidi

Hi Heidi We too have been waiting almost 13 months, we applied in July 2001. About
the medicals! We have had our police checks done, and have our medicals booked for
19th August. We are doing this so when they finally pick up our application
everything should be there. We haven't been asked to get them done, plus we know they
won't run out by the time the 20 months are up!!!! If you fancy keeping in touch to
share the misery of waiting in limbo land, then please do as, it's driving us mad
also!!!!!!!

Dave and Yve

Old Aug 5th 2002, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

hongwee is an unknown quantity at this point

hang in there.. maybe you can give them a call?
Old Aug 5th 2002, 12:20 pm
Jaj

Heidi, Dave & Yve Last I heard London was moving through its backlog and there's no
obvious reason for them to have stopped again. It does depend on visa allocations
from Canberra though - there is a recurrent myth that the floodgates open on 1 July,
which isn't true. The Department manages its visa allocations right through the
financial year.

Trying to micro-observe the process in London is not going to help you very much.
People who ring the AHC to find out 'what month' they are working on seem to get a
different answer depending on who picks up the phone.

The reality is that although processing works in a broadly chronological order, it
isn't as precise as some people might imagine. London has issued visas to some who
applied in March 2001, and possibly some later applications. That doesn't mean that
*everyone* who applied pre-March 2001 will have been issued with visas.

Why do some applications go somewhat faster or slower than others? Impossible to say
from here.

London's average processing time seems to be in the region of 16-17 months at the
moment. a bit short of the 20 month average that's often quoted.

You could do police checks now if you wish, especially as they're taking right up to
the legal limit of 40 days to come through. Cost is only GBP10. There is a risk that
your first entry date could be shortened by a few months, although there's nothing
stopping you re-doing yout police checks 2-3 months down the line as long as you
don't mind spending an extra GBP10 per person.

Doing medicals before being asked to is a personal choice, I would personally wait
until asked unless you have a specific reason for doing them sooner.

Jeremy

>On 4 Aug 2002 23:32:17 -0700, [email protected] (Dave and Yve) wrote: "Heidi"
    ><[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Hello there sunseekers and others,
    >>
    >> Well it's now been 13 months (7 to go ... I hope)!
    >>
    >> This waiting isn't getting any easier. Especially after watching the closing of
    >> the commonwealth games and seeing the introduction to the Melbourne 2006 18th
    >> commonwealth games.
    >>
    >> Has anybody recently heard from AHC in London requesting medicals and police
    >> checks? I'm secretly wondering if it's worth getting them done before they ask,
    >> but that's my impatient zone of my pea-brain working.
    >>
    >> Does anybody know what month they are processing at the mo? The last I remember
    >> reading, was Jan 2001.
    >>
    >> Oh well, whinging over for another month, goodluck everybody else.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Heidi
    >
    >
    >
    >Hi Heidi We too have been waiting almost 13 months, we applied in July 2001. About
    >the medicals! We have had our police checks done, and have our medicals booked for
    >19th August. We are doing this so when they finally pick up our application
    >everything should be there. We haven't been asked to get them done, plus we know
    >they won't run out by the time the 20 months are up!!!! If you fancy keeping in
    >touch to share the misery of waiting in limbo land, then please do as, it's driving
    >us mad also!!!!!!!
    >
    >Dave and Yve

Old Aug 5th 2002, 2:11 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

An added issue in this is that London is going to pick up applicants from Ireland when the Australian Embassy in Dublin ceases visa processing and as such London's already stretched resources will be even thinner ...
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=212

Not sure whether Dublin's existing caseload will move to London - I'll let you know if I find out any more on this point.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Jaj
Heidi, Dave & Yve Last I heard London was moving through its backlog and there's no
obvious reason for them to have stopped again. It does depend on visa allocations
from Canberra though - there is a recurrent myth that the floodgates open on 1 July,
which isn't true. The Department manages its visa allocations right through the
financial year.

Trying to micro-observe the process in London is not going to help you very much.
People who ring the AHC to find out 'what month' they are working on seem to get a
different answer depending on who picks up the phone.

The reality is that although processing works in a broadly chronological order, it
isn't as precise as some people might imagine. London has issued visas to some who
applied in March 2001, and possibly some later applications. That doesn't mean that
*everyone* who applied pre-March 2001 will have been issued with visas.

Why do some applications go somewhat faster or slower than others? Impossible to say
from here.

London's average processing time seems to be in the region of 16-17 months at the
moment. a bit short of the 20 month average that's often quoted.

<snip>

Jeremy

Old Aug 5th 2002, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

at the end of July, I was asked for a more detailed letter from present/past employers. They also sent the forms for us to undertake medicals and x-rays.
I'm going to wait until I know DIMIA are happy with the letters before I get medicals done.

Applied October 2001 - Skilled Migration- Nurse.
(London team 1)

Shona
Old Aug 5th 2002, 5:53 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Hi Heidi (or should that be Heidi Hi- I bet you ain't heard that one before),Dave & Yve.
We too are in that horrible limbo state-18 months down the line & not a word.I've scraped the postmans knuckles 3 times in a week dragging the letters through the door - only bills (& he moved out years ago).
It takes all our will power not to phone the AHC, just glad when midday comes & they shut the phonelines.I agree with what was said earlier about different answers to different callers-i was told 2 dates in a week.As for medicals,my personal opinion is get them done.They won't expire before you're accepted,& it saves time when they finally get their arses in gear.
Having said that,are you prepared in all other aspects e.g house sold,removal guys on standby etc.Our house has been up for sale for 2 months,with plenty of viewings but no offers(how come it's a sellers market until you put your own pad up for sale).
Well, that's our DAILY whinge out the way,
Keep smiling,Mark Jan & little Bob
:lecture:
Old Aug 5th 2002, 7:21 pm
Custard

[email protected] (Dave and Yve) wrote in message
news:<[email protected] om>...
    > "Heidi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hello there sunseekers and others,
    > >
    > > Well it's now been 13 months (7 to go ... I hope)!
    > >
    > > This waiting isn't getting any easier. Especially after watching the closing of
    > > the commonwealth games and seeing the introduction to the Melbourne 2006 18th
    > > commonwealth games.
    > >
    > > Has anybody recently heard from AHC in London requesting medicals and police
    > > checks? I'm secretly wondering if it's worth getting them done before they ask,
    > > but that's my impatient zone of my pea-brain working.
    > >
    > > Does anybody know what month they are processing at the mo? The last I remember
    > > reading, was Jan 2001.
    > >
    > > Oh well, whinging over for another month, goodluck everybody else.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Heidi
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi Heidi We too have been waiting almost 13 months, we applied in July 2001. About
    > the medicals! We have had our police checks done, and have our medicals booked for
    > 19th August. We are doing this so when they finally pick up our application
    > everything should be there. We haven't been asked to get them done, plus we know
    > they won't run out by the time the 20 months are up!!!! If you fancy keeping in
    > touch to share the misery of waiting in limbo land, then please do as, it's driving
    > us mad also!!!!!!!
    >
    > Dave and Yve

Hello to you guys, I applied to london ahc october 2001, but still no word about
medicals etc. Where do you go for medicals and what forms do i need for the
police checks? I'm going to Oz in 4 weeks for 9months, hoping that doesn't mess
my immig application up! The waiting is mad - especially at the end to be told
your application isn't successful what a mare that would be. Well good luck to
you all, Melissa

Old Aug 5th 2002, 9:20 pm
Jaj

On what visa are you planning to spend 9 months in Australia? If you are applying for
any other visa, make sure both case officers know about the other application.

Going to Australia won't cause any problems provided:
1. You tell your case officer your dates of travel (won't hurt to tell him again
when you're back)
2. Make sure he has a reliable way to contact you when in Australia. You will have
to leave Australia to be granted your visa, but this can be done on New Zealand -
no need to return to London. Again, you will need to tell your case officer what
you want to do.

Jeremy

>On 5 Aug 2002 10:49:12 -0700, [email protected] (custard) wrote:
    >
    >Hello to you guys, I applied to london ahc october 2001, but still no word about
    >medicals etc. Where do you go for medicals and what forms do i need for the
    >police checks? I'm going to Oz in 4 weeks for 9months, hoping that doesn't mess
    >my immig application up! The waiting is mad - especially at the end to be told
    >your application isn't successful what a mare that would be. Well good luck to
    >you all, Melissa

Old Aug 6th 2002, 6:20 pm
Custard

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
    > On what visa are you planning to spend 9 months in Australia? If you are applying
    > for any other visa, make sure both case officers know about the other application.
    >
    > Going to Australia won't cause any problems provided:
    > 1. You tell your case officer your dates of travel (won't hurt to tell him again
    > when you're back)
    > 2. Make sure he has a reliable way to contact you when in Australia. You will have
    > to leave Australia to be granted your visa, but this can be done on New Zealand
    > - no need to return to London. Again, you will need to tell your case officer
    > what you want to do.
    >
    > Jeremy
    >
    > >On 5 Aug 2002 10:49:12 -0700, [email protected] (custard) wrote:
    > >
    > >Hello to you guys, I applied to london ahc october 2001, but still no word about
    > >medicals etc. Where do you go for medicals and what forms do i need for the police
    > >checks? I'm going to Oz in 4 weeks for 9months, hoping that doesn't mess my immig
    > >application up! The waiting is mad - especially at the end to be told your
    > >application isn't successful what a mare that would be. Well good luck to you all,
    > >Melissa

Hi jeremy, I'm going to oz on working hol visa, but cos i went to south oz in june it
was activated mistakenly, hence the 9 months left. Thanks for the info - i have
informed ahc all everything - 6 weeks ago, but they haven't replied will ring them
next week. thanks for you advice. are you applying to go to oz also? whats yr
situation?

Old Aug 6th 2002, 11:57 pm
Heidi

Thanx folks,

I don't feel so alone now.

I'll keep you posted of any new developments.

Cheers

Heidi "baldbutts" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Heidi (or should that be Heidi Hi- I bet you ain't heard that one before),Dave &
    > Yve. We too are in that horrible limbo state-18 months down the line & not a
    > word.I've scraped the postmans knuckles 3 times in a week dragging the letters
    > through the door - only bills (& he moved out years ago). It takes all our will
    > power not to phone the AHC, just glad when midday comes & they shut the
    > phonelines.I agree with what was said earlier about different answers to different
    > callers-i was told 2 dates in a week.As for medicals,my personal opinion is get
    > them done.They won't expire before you're accepted,& it saves time when they
    > finally get their arses in gear. Having said that,are you prepared in all other
    > aspects e.g house sold,removal guys on standby etc.Our house has been up for sale
    > for 2 months,with plenty of viewings but no offers(how come it's a sellers market
    > until you put your own pad up for sale). Well, that's our DAILY whinge out the way,
    > Keep smiling,Mark Jan & little Bob :lecture:
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Aug 6th 2002, 11:57 pm
Heidi

Sure thing folks,

keep me updated on your progress and I'll do likewise of course.

Cheers

Heidi "Dave and Yve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > "Heidi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Hello there sunseekers and others,
    > >
    > > Well it's now been 13 months (7 to go ... I hope)!
    > >
    > > This waiting isn't getting any easier. Especially after watching the
closing
    > > of the commonwealth games and seeing the introduction to the Melbourne
    > > 18th commonwealth games.
    > >
    > > Has anybody recently heard from AHC in London requesting medicals and
police
    > > checks? I'm secretly wondering if it's worth getting them done before
they
    > > ask, but that's my impatient zone of my pea-brain working.
    > >
    > > Does anybody know what month they are processing at the mo? The last I remember
    > > reading, was Jan 2001.
    > >
    > > Oh well, whinging over for another month, goodluck everybody else.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Heidi
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi Heidi We too have been waiting almost 13 months, we applied in July 2001. About
    > the medicals! We have had our police checks done, and have our medicals booked for
    > 19th August. We are doing this so when they finally pick up our application
    > everything should be there. We haven't been asked to get them done, plus we know
    > they won't run out by the time the 20 months are up!!!! If you fancy keeping in
    > touch to share the misery of waiting in limbo land, then please do as, it's driving
    > us mad also!!!!!!!
    >
    > Dave and Yve

Old Aug 7th 2002, 9:56 am
Dave And Yve

"Heidi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hello there sunseekers and others,
    > Well it's now been 13 months (7 to go ... I hope)!
    > This waiting isn't getting any easier. Especially after watching the closing of the
    > commonwealth games and seeing the introduction to the Melbourne 2006 18th
    > commonwealth games.
    > Has anybody recently heard from AHC in London requesting medicals and police
    > checks? I'm secretly wondering if it's worth getting them done before they ask, but
    > that's my impatient zone of my pea-brain working.
    > Does anybody know what month they are processing at the mo? The last I remember
    > reading, was Jan 2001.
    > Oh well, whinging over for another month, goodluck everybody else.
    > Cheers
    > Heidi
Hi guys Rang John Mason removals today, they are coming to give us a quote on 19th
August, any advice we get given I will pass on. Just feel like we should get as much
info as we can, ready to systems go!!!! 13 months already hopefully at most only 7
left, just wish it would go quickly, but with Christmas looming we will have
something else to focus on!!!!!!! NOT!!!!!! Also rang airpets to get info on taking
our dog! chins up everybody Dave and Yve