Statement of 12 month relationship

Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice
Default Statement of 12 month relationship

My partner and I are just finishing getting all the paperwork together for a skilled independent and one of the people we have asked to do a statement has asked what she needs to include.

I have told her to include how long she has known us each, when we met and moved in together, what we do together, that she considers us a couple and we have a genuine continuing relationship.

Is there anything else that anyone can think to include and how long should a statement be?

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2005, 9:11 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Statement of 12 month relationship

Originally Posted by andrewb
My partner and I are just finishing getting all the paperwork together for a skilled independent and one of the people we have asked to do a statement has asked what she needs to include.

I have told her to include how long she has known us each, when we met and moved in together, what we do together, that she considers us a couple and we have a genuine continuing relationship.

Is there anything else that anyone can think to include and how long should a statement be?

Thanks

My statement was for a de facto visa, but I believe they are the same in essence. I included what you've said and also, how I saw our r'ship progressing (we're building a house together, plans to marry one day etc).
Old Feb 28th 2005, 11:40 am
Princess Haggis

Steelie22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Statement of 12 month relationship

Originally Posted by mlbonner
My statement was for a de facto visa, but I believe they are the same in essence. I included what you've said and also, how I saw our r'ship progressing (we're building a house together, plans to marry one day etc).
Hello again,

As usual, I don't believe in doing things by halves and my Statement by Applicant is edging on 6 pages!! I have a feeling I am writing too much.. I just want to point out all the great things we have done together that seem to be really relevant e.g. family occasions, places we've lived together, achievements, holidays etc.

Do you think it's more important to talk about the last 12 months, future plans (marriage etc.) than going on about our flats in 2003?

Many thanks,

M xx
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steelie22
Hello again,

As usual, I don't believe in doing things by halves and my Statement by Applicant is edging on 6 pages!! I have a feeling I am writing too much.. I just want to point out all the great things we have done together that seem to be really relevant e.g. family occasions, places we've lived together, achievements, holidays etc.

Do you think it's more important to talk about the last 12 months, future plans (marriage etc.) than going on about our flats in 2003?

Many thanks,

M xx
Mine was only about 1 1/2 pages but we are married and have been for 14 years with two children so slightly different.

I am not sure how much they actually read. Could you not start off with a short precis of dates things happened and then fill it out on subsequent pages with more detail. That way they can read the main blurb and if they need more info, it's there.

To the OP, that is all friends can say. Obviously they don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so it is as she sees it. Have you been to her wedding as a couple that she could mention, or been on holiday with her and your other half? That sort of thing.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Yes, she has included things like that so I hope it will be OK!!!

Thanks for the advice.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 9:19 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hello again,

Many thanks,

M xx

Hi

My statement was about four pages, as was my partners. He wrote his in a more chronological way, mine was more of a 'story'. Things such as holidays etc can really be breezed over, as pressumably you have evidence to prove these elsewhere?

I would talk about;
where/how/when you met
how the r'ship progressed
how things have been since you've been living together
prove Booklet one (ie: finances, emotional support etc)
future plans - how you're going to get there.

HTH
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi,

All the usual stuff mentioned below but also include bills, birhtday cards, holiday snaps etc.

SS
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,
just thinking is it better to get married? I have a defacto that I have been with for 7 years but he has only been living with me for a few months. I am applying next Feb so that will make sure he has then lived with me 12 months but I was wondering if it was better in the end to get married.
Any thoughts would be great
cheers
Lace
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:30 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by lacey21
Hi Guys,
just thinking is it better to get married? I have a defacto that I have been with for 7 years but he has only been living with me for a few months. I am applying next Feb so that will make sure he has then lived with me 12 months but I was wondering if it was better in the end to get married.
Any thoughts would be great
cheers
Lace
If you have the 12months cohabitation but weren't planning on getting married yet, from what I have I wouldn't do. When I applied I'd known my partner four years and we had about 13months co-habitation and were apart at time of application!
I do know of a case where a de facto couple had been together longer than yourselves, but not actually lived together and they were advised that getting married may make things easier for them, due to lack of evidence.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 4:10 pm
Princess Haggis

Smile Re: Statement of 12 month relationship

If you have the 12months cohabitation but weren't planning on getting married yet, from what I have I wouldn't do. When I applied I'd known my partner four years and we had about 13months co-habitation and were apart at time of application!
I do know of a case where a de facto couple had been together longer than yourselves, but not actually lived together and they were advised that getting married may make things easier for them, due to lack of evidence.
Hello hello,

I decided since I'd blatently taken your contents page template for the application, that you might take a look at it for me pretty please? I got myself confused in what went under the 'social' heading and 'holiday' heading but think I got it sorted...

Any input would be fab.

Many thanks,

M xx
Attached Files
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:13 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Hello hello,

I decided since I'd blatently taken your contents page template for the application, that you might take a look at it for me pretty please? I got myself confused in what went under the 'social' heading and 'holiday' heading but think I got it sorted...

Any input would be fab.

Many thanks,

M xx

My, my, that is similar now

Seriously though, looks great. Just one thing, for your Aussie statements, do you have certified copies of their passport/birth cert. to prove citizenship?
Old Mar 10th 2005, 7:25 pm
Princess Haggis

Talking Re: Statement of 12 month relationship

My, my, that is similar now

Seriously though, looks great. Just one thing, for your Aussie statements, do you have certified copies of their passport/birth cert. to prove citizenship?
Haha thought you'd notice that!

Yes, I do have proof of citizenship or I should say it's in the mail from Oz as we speak. That's all I'm waiting for now, the info from my boyfriend - he's not the most organised..

x
Old Mar 10th 2005, 9:11 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Haha thought you'd notice that!

Yes, I do have proof of citizenship or I should say it's in the mail from Oz as we speak. That's all I'm waiting for now, the info from my boyfriend - he's not the most organised..

x
They never are

Good luck, looks pretty comprehensive to me
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

mamichelle is on a distinguished road

Hello again,

Many thanks,

M xx
Mine was about 3 pages talking about how we met, challenges that we had gone through together in the time we had been together. I also mentioned our routine (to answer one of the questions on the checklist of how house work was divided) and plans for the future.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding statements (though I think the original poster was asking what a friend should put in her Stat Dec) - on downloading the latest Booklet 1 it only says you need to provide one joint statement about your relationship instead of two. I kept an old one and it definitely used to say you have to EACH provide a statement whereas now it says "you and your partner must provide A statement..." The new booklet 1 only came out on 1 March but not having downloaded one for a while I don't know how long this change has been in effect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.